2018-19 NC State WBB (28-6, 12-4)

30,200 Views | 247 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Wolfer79
Wolfer79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Lobohowl
Anyone else ready to get this basketball season started? After watching the women's team's intrasquad scrimmage, I'm more excited and ready than ever! Part of it is that I really like all three of the freshman. All have some real positives to their games and all seem to have different strengths. McGoldrick needs to bulk up to battle inside but has a great outside shot to the three point line. Rice is a powerful girl who should be able to battle down low from the start and has some touch close to the basket. And Cunene already has a variety of post moves and has some midrange game. She was very impressive. I expect her to either start or at the least get major minutes. I believe Rice will also get her share of minutes early due to her size and strength. There are a lot of positives heading into the season. This should be a fun year!
wickedmojo
Definitely looking forward to the season. It'll be interesting to see what starting lineup Wes uses. Since Wes prefers a 4 out 1 in system, does he go with a 4 perimeter player lineup of Ealey, Ace, Leslie, Grace Hunter, and Cassell or Cunane? Or does he go more traditional with Ealey, Ace, Leslie, Cassell, and Cunane? We should be quite good and have a deep bench. Really hoping DD Rogers has a big senior year. She's always been one of my favorites.
Lobohowl
I had high expectations for DD Coming in as a freshman. With her pedigree and outstanding performance in the state championship game (She was a rebounding machine. Had 20 or so boards that day.), I really thought she would bring that aggressiveness to the college level. But she seemed more than a little lost and has never really found her footing. It would be great to see her go out with a strong season.

I think Wes does what he is comfortable with. And that is the 4 out,1 in system. I expect this team to hang its hat on defensive pressure. Coach has the athletes to really be disruptive on the defensive end of the court.
mddocisa
At Primetime, Kaila Ealey was not introduced and she was in crutches on the sidelines. Hopefully it is not major.
mddocisa
Ealey is out for the season with knee injury.
wickedmojo
Cripes! And Ealey already used a medical redshirt her freshman year for a knee injury. Wonder if she can get a 6th year from the NCAA?

As for the team, hopefully a Kai Crutchfield or Grace Hunter can play some point. I don't want Ace Konig having to play 40 minutes at point guard. I want Ace setting the ACC single season record for made 3-pointers not expending energy bringing the ball up the court and running the team.
mddocisa
Wicked, I agree with you. I'm pretty sure Kai can play point if given the chance. She played point all 4 years at Millbrook. Anyway, losing Ealey is so critical because no one pushes the ball like her and no one can defend a quick guard like her.
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
ScoobyWolf
I watched most of it. I was impressed with freshman Elissa Cunane.

We will really miss Ealey this year.
rmcwpups
ScoobyWolf said:

I watched most of it. I was impressed with freshman Elissa Cunane.

We will really miss Ealey this year.
I watched it too and agree with both of those statements.

Hunter showed flashes and will probably help a lot this year.

Leslie is one of the best players in the league imo.
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
The 17th-ranked NC State women's basketball team began a new year with a win for the 16th consecutive season on Wednesday evening, defeating the visiting Belmont Bruins by a final score of 77-62.

Five Wolfpack players scored in double figures on Wednesday evening, with newcomer Grace Hunter's 16 points on 8-11 shooting leading the way for both teams. She was joined in double figures by sophomore Kai Crutchfield (15 points), freshman Elissa Cunane (12 points on 4-4 shooting), junior Aislinn Konig (11 points), and graduate student Kiara Leslie (10 points). Konig and Leslie narrowly missed out on double-doubles, each grabbing nine rebounds.

NC State will be back in action at home on Sunday, Nov. 11 against Kent State. Tip-off between the Wolfpack and the Golden Flashes is scheduled for 2 p.m. from Reynolds Coliseum and will be broadcast live on ACC Network Extra.

link
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
The 17th-ranked NC State women's basketball team (1-0) will look to begin a new season with two consecutive wins for the ninth straight time on Sunday afternoon when Kent State comes to Reynolds Coliseum. Tip-off is scheduled for 2 pm from Kay Yow Court with live video coverage provided by ACC Network Extra.

SUNDAY PROMOTIONS
-Summer Camper Reunion Day.

SCOUTING THE GOLDEN FLASHES
-Kent State posted a 13-19 record last season and was projected to finish fourth in the East Division of the Mid-American Conference this year.
-Last season's leading scorer Jordan Korinek (19.8 ppg.) has graduated from the program.
-Kent State is coached by Todd Starkey, who is in his third season at the helm of the program. He earned MAC Coach of the Year honors after guiding the Golden Flashes to a 13-5 conference record and a WNIT appearance in 2017.

SERIES HISTORY (NC STATE LEADS 1-0)
-Sunday's game marks the second meeting between the programs.
-In the only prior meeting, NC State defeated Kent State 79-55 on Dec. 3, 1983 in Chapel Hill.

https://gopack.com/news/2018/11/9/womens-basketball-17-nc-state-hosts-kent-state-sunday-afternoon.aspx
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.