Atlanta Braves 2018

6,680 Views | 45 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Pack31
Pack31
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just wanted to start a Braves thread bc I can't take PP anymore and these free board threads were 1 of the few reasons I kept that membership too. I can't take Gridde, 247 biased rankings or those that bow at Griddes feet anymore. Omg. .....sooo, let's talk Braves and the current slide, trade options, what to do to wake the bats etc etc!
Wolfer79
metcalfmafia
Chop Nation! We need this win today.
Pack31
That is cool! That'll take u back for sure. Yes, badly need the W today. Up 4 now, Phils losing. I'd take a half game back at the break as bad as we've played the last 2 weeks.
Pack31
Half game back at the break, 10 games above .500, half game out of 1st. I'm happy with that, despite the recent slide. Start of the season, no none had us here. What's the thoughts on what we need, where we end up 2nd half? How agressive are we trying to win this year now? Sell out to do it or just a few small upgrades (financially only what we can do anyway prob) . I see we are front runners for Moose (KC). He'd be a power upgrade, otherwise, BA is equal to Camargo, prob less of a fielder, but would help protect Markakis and Freddie. Would like to trade Ender, move Acuna to center or get a rented CF for rest of the season. We have to have the guys carrying us right now (Albies Nick, Freddie) to continue on 2nd half and guys like Swanson, Acuna, Flowzuki etc to be a little more consistent at the plate. If the Phils upgrades and we stand pat, we will be 5-10 back seasons end and close to a wild card imo. Thoughts?
metcalfmafia
Pack31 said:

Half game back at the break, 10 games above .500, half game out of 1st. I'm happy with that, despite the recent slide. Start of the season, no none had us here. What's the thoughts on what we need, where we end up 2nd half? How agressive are we trying to win this year now? Sell out to do it or just a few small upgrades (financially only what we can do anyway prob) . I see we are front runners for Moose (KC). He'd be a power upgrade, otherwise, BA is equal to Camargo, prob less of a fielder, but would help protect Markakis and Freddie. Would like to trade Ender, move Acuna to center or get a rented CF for rest of the season. We have to have the guys carrying us right now (Albies Nick, Freddie) to continue on 2nd half and guys like Swanson, Acuna, Flowzuki etc to be a little more consistent at the plate. If the Phils upgrades and we stand pat, we will be 5-10 back seasons end and close to a wild card imo. Thoughts?
Moose is just what the doctor ordered right now. We need power to move the needle in the second half.

I'm torn on Ender. If we did move Acuna to CF, who would we put in LF? Culby?
Pack31
Culberson short term imo. He was playing well before Acuna came back. Can't sit Acuna though.
Pack31
Pick up Moose, make Camargo a utility man again, a start or 2 per week, Trade Ender and a prospect for a vet starter or a couple relievers/closer(worried about Viz's shoulder, 2 DLs in a month), move Acuna to center, Culberson to left. Call it a day and see what happens.
metcalfmafia
Say we land Moose...where would you guys insert him in the batting order?
Pack31
metcalfmafia said:

Say we land Moose...where would you guys insert him in the batting order?

Good ? bc he bats Lefty. Not sure we want Freddie he and Markakis in a row but our current 2 hit lefties pretty well. If Acuna was hitting now like before he got injured, Albies, Acuna, Freddie, Markakis, Moose, Flozuki, Swanson, Ender(he ain't hitting and if he does get on, have some speed on on front of Albies possibly)
Pack31
Well, looks like starter and bullpen help if anything now. I'm ok with that, if we can land a contollable starter. I don't dislike Tehran, but it's time to go. He's a 3, 2 at best starter on a good team. We've tried to make him an ace and it's just not there.
wolfpack4199
Pack31 said:

Well, looks like starter and bullpen help if anything now. I'm ok with that, if we can land a contollable starter. I don't dislike Tehran, but it's time to go. He's a 3, 2 at best starter on a good team. We've tried to make him an ace and it's just not there.
Agree 100% should have traded him when we valued him way too much. A lot of teams wanted him 2-3 years ago. Time to cut our losses with him
Wolfer79
Dodgers @ Braves on MLB Network in my part on Triangle,but it is Dodger tv broadside and Dodgers lead 3-0, bottom of 6.
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Pack31
Chipper is well deserved and a great Brave! Great espn article on Murphy earlier this week. Long read but worth it. I rem being around 10 or so in the early 80s and sitting center field at Fulton County watching Murph steal one over the fence and bring it back. He homered that game too. My first mlb game. Seats were so steep to me, I wouldnt stand up for the national anthem lol
Pack31
Unfortunately we in a bad funk right now and beginning the slide. At this point, unless it's and affordable vet like Beltre', doubt we add anyone that's not controllable and young/good enough to help next year. Players dropping in trades like flies now. Getting thin. Would like to see Tehran and Inciarte moved, even if for prospects if we don't right the ship by tuesday with a couple wins.
Wolfer79
metcalfmafia
Beat by the Dodgers again today.
Wolfer79
Might want to turn on TBS to watch 8th inning when Braves take the field.
Wolfer79
The Braves have agreed to acquire right-hander Brad Brach from the Orioles. Baltimore receives international signing bonus slot money in return.

Brach has gone 1-2 with 11 saves and a 4.85 ERA in 42 games this season. Brach will be a free agent following the 2018 season.

Pack31
Can we agree to just drop Tehran. Bring up Toussaint (sp?), Allard (tues start supposedly) and Fried, move Sanchez to long relief and roll with it. We aren't hitting for crap right now anyway. Start Newk, Folty, Allard, Fried and Toussaint and see where they're at.
Wolfer79
Pack31
Wolfer79 said:

Good move imo. Hasn't hit for avg this season but power is still there. Lol, I always trash talk a guy (Tehran) and he proceeds to get the W and an rbi single. Who should I bash today?
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
acslater1344
Acuna looks like he's seeing a softball out there right now. I also think he's shortened his swing a bit with his arms... but his hip turn is timed so perfectly that he seems to have even more power now. Scary.
Wolfer79
https://www.mlb.com/cut4/the-best-ejections-of-bobby-coxs-career/c-290141334

Five clips that show why Bobby Cox is MLB's all-time ejection king
Wolfer79
2018 Players' Weekend nicknames

https://www.mlb.com/news/2018-mlb-players-weekend-nicknames/c-289419008

Braves
Ronald Acuna Jr.: "SABANERO SOY"
Ozzie Albies: "PUCHI"
Jesse Biddle: "JB"
Brad Brach: "B-RAD"
Johan Camargo: "JC"
Shane Carle: "SHUGGA"
Rhiner Cruz: "CRUEZY"
Charlie Culberson: "CULBY"
Adam Duvall: "DUVY"
Ryan Flaherty: "FLASH"
Tyler Flowers: "MMBB"
Mike Foltynewicz: "FOLTY"
Freddie Freeman: "ANDREW"
Sam Freeman: "FREEZY"
Max Fried: "MAXIMUS"
Kevin Gausman: "GAUSY"
Ender Inciarte: "GAME ENDER"
Luke Jackson: "SKYWALKER"
Nick Markakis: "TTT"
Brandon McCarthy: "MAC"
A.J. Minter: "MINT"
Sean Newcomb: "NEWK"
Wes Parsons: "PARSONS"
Jose Ramirez: "RAMIREZ"
Anibal Sanchez: "ALEJO"
Mike Soroka: "ROCK"
Kurt Suzuki: "ZUK"
Dansby Swanson: "DANS"
Julio Teheran: "EL CABALLO DE OLAYA"
Jonny Venters: "JV"
Arodys Vizcaino: "ARODYS"
Dan Winkler: "WINK"

Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.