2018 FIFA World Cup

9,489 Views | 70 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Rob McLamb
Ripper
How long do you want to ignore this user?
NatePait94 said:

Rob McLamb said:

Croatia actually did some good things stat-wise. I think France and Croatia will probably both play a big part in the Euro 2020 as well. Both national teams are on the rise.

Croatia will see a dip as their players are averaged in the 30 year age range. Belgium and France are going to be strong the next 10 years

Agree on the Croatia dip. But they'll still be decent until they hit a new crop of stars. That little country keeps producing talent.

Belgium also loses many older guys as well. They will take a slight dip, but still be good.

France will be good for the foreseeable future.
Rob McLamb
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
NatePait94 said:

Rob McLamb said:

Croatia actually did some good things stat-wise. I think France and Croatia will probably both play a big part in the Euro 2020 as well. Both national teams are on the rise.

Croatia will see a dip as their players are averaged in the 30 year age range. Belgium and France are going to be strong the next 10 years
I don't think they dip in two or four years though. The thing is they could actually be a better team in 2020 yet not make it as far because the Euros while not a more glamorous tournament than the World Cup is certainly difficult to win. Zidane always says that winning the Euro 2000 was harder than winning the World Cup in 1998.
Twitter: @RobMcLamb

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.