FBI Hoops Scandal (Keatts says NCSU not involved)

3,098 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by WolvesWinNow
IseWolf22
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I couldn't find the old thread, but I saw this posted today:Article

Up to 50 programs now identified. I imagine the vast majority will be from the P5 schools. My question is who is NOT involved in that case? I hope we are not, but I would probably start with GT and BC in the conference.
WolvesWinNow
Curious if the Feds have info that commissioners and maybe NCAA personnel are somehow involved.
That to me would be huge.
But if half of the just released top 16 are involved. NCAA will have to change for better or totally disbanded.
Glasswolf
The same rules apply to this thread as the one on premium. Don't throw wild rumors out to see if it sticks. That includes player names and coaches. Discuss the details of the case as they are released. There are other schools that troll and they will run with the smallest bit of info you throw out and try to make it fact. Have a great discussion about what the implications WOULD be to college sports as this unfolds
WolvesWinNow
I just asked a question. The second part of my post is from the source quoted in the article.
Glasswolf
All we ask is keep it civil and try not to wildly speculate
Glasswolf
WolvesWinNow said:

I just asked a question. The second part of my post is from the source quoted in the article.
Nothing wrong with what you posted
IseWolf22
Glasswolf said:

The same rules apply to this thread as the one on premium. Don't throw wild rumors out to see if it sticks. That includes player names and coaches. Discuss the details of the case as they are released. There are other schools that troll and they will run with the smallest bit of info you throw out and try to make it fact. Have a great discussion about what the implications WOULD be to college sports as this unfolds
So can we discuss specific programs if we are all on the same page that this is speculation and no one has any legit info? I'd like to be able to discuss implications in the ACC.

For example, I dont think GT would be involved as they are pretty much the only P5 program not with UA/Nike/Adidas and I believe the administration there does a relatively good job of keeping an emphasis on academics compared to most programs.

I'll hold off on anything else until I am more clear on the rules.
WolvesWinNow
Gotcha. Thanks.
Have to admits Roy came out awfully fast denying unc is involved in any way. Hmmm like yogi said deja vu all over again.
WolvesWinNow
Just a question in general for anyone with experience with fbi. Would they actually release details right before the NCAA tournament starts to get maximum exposure or pressure on programs to cooperate?
Glasswolf
http://amp.newsobserver.com/sports/college/acc/nc-state/state-now/article200913584.html?__twitter_impression=true
WOLFDAC
I guess they should have asked Gott instead.
WOLFDAC
https://sports.yahoo.com/exclusive-federal-documents-detail-sweeping-potential-ncaa-violations-involving-high-profile-players-schools-103338484.html
Wolf74
Roy comes out denying in any way that they are involved, yet the Yahoo Exclusive report, down in the continued section, states that Tony Bradley is named. Also, if you look at the balance sheet listing of the payments, there is a Brendan Haywood listed. I remember one Brendan Haywood that played at a local triangle school a while back. I wonder is that is the same one?
NCStateFanForLife
https://sports.yahoo.com/black-market-diaries-emails-hoops-corruption-case-detail-inner-workings-sports-underbelly-030605930.html

Looks like the Gottfather left us one last parting gift on his way out the door...

"On Butch Pierre he never called me back but Gottfried and Orlando Early both called me over the weekend on separate matters."
WolvesWinNow
I trust more in Yow and Admin think they run a very tight ship.
As opposed to arizona. Miller's contract calls for him to get 85% of his pay even if he is fired with cause. To me that screams AD knew he was paying guys and was ok with Miller protecting himself if it ever go out. Never ever heard of university agreeing to that kind of contract before.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.