Football Recruiting class of 2019

6,134 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Steve Williams
packphinsfan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
2018 is done. We have McKay (OL) and Little (LS) committed and SEVERAL big time players interested. Let`s get this rolling!
packphinsfan
Sounds like some guys visited this past weekend including Drake Thomas, McKay (already committed and recruiting for us!), and Savion (not sure on spelling) Jackson. Great weekend for us.
packphinsfan
More info from the old recruiting thread, good stuff...

[url=https://insidepacksports.com/forums/8/topics/1097/0][/url]

cof17wolf
11:06p, 2/9/18
V

Here's my take on our top targets for 2019:

QB-- Very wide open right now. I think we've offered like 5 new QBs recently which is typically a sign that we're still trying to narrow down which players have serious interest in us.

RB-- Jamious Griffin, Quavaris Crouch, Zonavan Knight

Oline-- Tim McKay (incredibly weak OLine class for NC this year. we probably got the best prospect in the state with McKay)

WR-- JR Walker, Nolan Groulx (Wisconsin commit but I'm sure we'll still recruit him)

packphinsfan
One more from cof17wolf and his take on D recruiting...

[url=https://insidepacksports.com/forums/8/topics/1097/0][/url]

cof17wolf
In reply to cof17wolf 11:11p, 2/9/18
V

D Line-- Savion Jackson, Josh Harris, CJ Clark, Zovon Lindsay, Christian Rorie

LB -- Drake Thomas, Traveon Freshwater

DB-- Shyheim Battle, Khalid Martin

packphinsfan
Savion Jackson, Traveon Freshwater, and Drake Thomas could take our D over the top. The Southern Nash kid, Zanovan Knight said we were his leader, and McKay has now gotten his 4th star.
packphinsfan
Check the part about Knight. ZOVON Lindsay said we were his top school. What are the odds we could be recruiting a Zonovan and a Zovon?
RowanWolf
I'm not sure I remember a year with so much in-state talent on the defensive side. Great opportunity to elevate the program another notch.
packphinsfan
Agreed. And what is more amazing is we have a real shot at landing half of the top 10 in our state.Not a great one but a real one. We have an 8 or 9 win season? Very possible. I think (not sure) we are involved with all of the top 10 right now.
packphinsfan
Had no idea the #1 ranked QB in the nation was right down here in Charlotte. I think we offered first, but honestly I dont see us landing him. Glass, what are you thinking about us potentially landing 5 of the top 10? 7 of the top 15?
RunsWithWolves26
packphinsfan said:

Had no idea the #1 ranked QB in the nation was right down here in Charlotte. I think we offered first, but honestly I dont see us landing him. Glass, what are you thinking about us potentially landing 5 of the top 10? 7 of the top 15?

Are you talking about Howell?
packphinsfan
I think so. Goes to Sun Valley HS?
RunsWithWolves26
packphinsfan said:

I think so. Goes to Sun Valley HS?

We are very much in the kid for Howell
packphinsfan
If we could land him (and have 2 great QB recruits in back to back years?) that would be something.
Glasswolf
packphinsfan said:

Right now I think the one we have the lowest chance at is Crouch. Notice I didn't say zero chance. I wouldn't put anything past this staff. Just think right now he is a major long shot
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

packphinsfan
Glasswolf said:

packphinsfan said:

Right now I think the one we have the lowest chance at is Crouch. Notice I didn't say zero chance. I wouldn't put anything past this staff. Just think right now he is a major long shot
Wow. Glass, I`ll gladly take that.
GuerrillaPack
Glasswolf said:

packphinsfan said:

Does the fact that Malik Dunlap is Crouch's older brother greatly increase our chances?
Glasswolf
GuerrillaPack said:

Glasswolf said:

packphinsfan said:

Does the fact that Malik Dunlap is Crouch's older brother greatly increase our chances?
Yes
packphinsfan
Might we possibly let Crouch play LB? And are the mods going to pin this one to the top as 19 is where all the action is now?
packphinsfan
Any rumors of visits lately?
packphinsfan
Anyone visiting anytime soon?
packphinsfan
Even I am starting to hear rumors of a potential commitment soon from the northeastern part of NC...

Some might say "Matter of time..."
PackDaddy
Let's just say to answer your question, it's worth the ten bucks a month.
1989Pack
I see Drake Thomas has been reeling in offers lately, some from the big boys. Anyone know if we are still in pretty good standing with him? And are he and Peyton Wilson friends outside of the just recruiting process? Sure Hope his brother can help us reel him in.
Steve Williams
Staff
1989Pack said:

I see Drake Thomas has been reeling in offers lately, some from the big boys. Anyone know if we are still in pretty good standing with him? And are he and Peyton Wilson friends outside of the just recruiting process? Sure Hope his brother can help us reel him in.
Yes and Yes.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.