NC State Women's Hockey 2022-2023

862 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Icepack1
Icepack1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The women's hockey team has released the first part of their schedule, with 5 away games scheduled over the first two weekends in November. My guess is they're still trying to figure out where they'll play home games, so hopefully we'll see some of those next semester. I believe the WACCHL Tournament will still be in Winston-Salem, although I'm not sure on the dates. I'm not nearly as plugged in to the women's team as I am for the men, but I'll try to keep this thread updated with whatever information I can get throughout the season.

The Pack are coming off their first WACCHL title in program history after scoring a pair of upset wins over Georgetown and West Virginia in Winston-Salem last February. Leading scorer Emily Petersen (19G, 11A) and goaltender Veronica Heyl have both graduated, so some new faces will certainly need to step up this season. Check out the team website here.

2022 - 2023 Schedule (will update with results throughout season):

11/5 - High Point -- W, 6-5
11/6 - at Virginia Tech -- L, 3-2
11/12 - George Washington -- W, 8-2
11/12 - Tampa -- L, 10-0
11/13 - Virginia -- L, 12-6
1/28 - at Georgetown -- L, 8-1
2/5 - at Virginia -- W, 10-9
2/5 - at Virginia Tech -- W, 4-3

WACCHL Tournament (Winston-Salem Fairgrounds Annex)
2/18 - Virginia Tech -- W, 9-5
2/19 - Georgetown -- L, 5-2
Icepack1
Icepack1
It's opening night for the ladies. The Pack will face High Point and Virginia Tech in Roanoke this weekend. This venue isn't on LiveBarn, so not sure if any streaming will be available.

Icepack1
Solid win to open the season. Glad to see we can still generate some offense after graduating over half our scoring from last year.

Icepack1
Right back at it this morning against Virginia Tech, who lost to High Point earlier in the day yesterday. If there's a stream, it will be here.

Icepack1
Tough one. Pack were definitely the better team for 2 periods, but they seemed to run out of gas late. Also some really questionable calls in this one. Think this team will be just fine and certainly will have a chance to compete for another WACCHL title.

Icepack1
Icepack1
Icepack1
Pack went 1-2 this weekend. WACCHL appears to be quite a bit stronger this year. Virginia has obviously improved a ton, and Tampa seems to be well above the rest of the league. We'll have our work cut out for us if we want to compete for the title again this year.

As far as I know, this concludes the fall slate for the ladies. Hopefully we'll get a look at the spring schedule soon.

Icepack1
https://instagr.am/p/Cn4gFu8Oc4J
Icepack1
Icepack1 said:

https://instagr.am/p/Cn4gFu8Oc4J
Instagram link isn't playing nice; ladies are back in action tomorrow night at Georgetown. 7:10pm puck drop, streaming available on LiveBarn.
Icepack1
Icepack1
Icepack1
Pack win a back and forth battle in which both teams held a 3 goal lead. Nice win over a team who beat us soundly in the fall. Pack will face VT at 3:15 today.

Icepack1
Pack beat VT 4-3 and take both games on the road today. As far as I know, that will do it for the regular season. The Pack will face top seed Georgetown in the WACCHL Tournament in Winston-Salem on Feb. 18.

Icepack1
With the 2 wins over the weekend, the Pack have moved up to the 3 seed and will face 2 seed Virginia Tech in the semifinals on Feb. 18. Tickets available here.

Icepack1
Icepack1
Pack result from the ACCHL Tournament semifinal.

Icepack1
Pack fall in the final against a really good Georgetown team. Pretty good overall performance this weekend after some really tough games during the season.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.