NC State Women's Hockey 2021-2022

1,560 Views | 26 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Icepack1
Icepack1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The women's ice hockey team has posted a schedule on their website. I'm not sure if it's complete or not, but as of now there are 6 scheduled regular season games and a league tournament in Winston-Salem in February (same weekend as the men's tournament). Looks like home ice this season will be the Orange County SportsPlex in Hillsborough; admission is free. I'm not nearly as plugged in to the women's team as I am for the men, but I'll try to keep this thread updated with whatever information I can get throughout the season. First games are tomorrow night, so go support if you have a chance.

2021 - 2022 Schedule (will update with results throughout season):

10/16 - West Virginia -- L, 7-2
10/16 - West Virginia -- L, 7-0
11/20 - Virginia -- W, 12-1
11/20 - Virginia -- W, 8-1
1/14 - High Point -- W, 8-2
1/15 - at High Point -- W, 8-3
1/22 - at Georgetown - L, 6-3

WACCHL Tournament (Winston-Salem Fairgrounds Annex)
2/19 - Georgetown -- W, 5-2
2/20 - West Virginia -- W, 6-4

Some quick background on the program: this will actually be the 3rd season of play for the team, although this is good step up from 1 game played against George Washington in 2020 and 3 games played against Virginia Tech in 2021. The league website has 8 teams listed for this season (Georgetown, George Washington, High Point, NC State, Tampa, Virginia, Virginia Tech, West Virginia), but I'm not sure how well organized all of those teams are at this point. Haven't seen a roster for this season yet, but the player to watch is senior Emily Petersen (9G, 8A in 2021). Check out the team website here.
Icepack1
Icepack1
Icepack1
Icepack1
Icepack1
Icepack1
Icepack1
Pack pick up their first win of the season. Game 2 of the night coming up at 10:15pm.

Icepack1
Solid pair of wins today. Pack will wrap up the regular season on the road against Georgetown and George Washington on Jan. 22.

Icepack1
The Pack have added 2 games against High Point in January.
Icepack1
Team dropped new logo and jersey this morning. Would call it a substantial improvement.

Icepack1
Icepack1
Pack ride 7 first period goals to an 8-2 win over High Point. The two teams will do it again in Greensboro tomorrow at noon.

Icepack1
Pack blow open a close game with 4 goals in the first 5 minutes of the 3rd and sweep the weekend set against High Point. The ladies will wrap up the regular season on the road against Georgetown and George Washington next weekend.

Icepack1
The Winston-Salem Fairgrounds is the proud host of the ACCHL Championship tickets on sale!
Who: Atlantic Coast Collegiate Hockey League

When: February 18th-20th, 2022

Where: Winston-Salem Fairgrounds Annex

Tickets:

Tournament passes (All 3 days)

Adults $20 Students $10

Tickets per day:

Adults $10 Students $5 18 and under FREE

The Winston-Salem Fairgrounds welcomes back the ACC Hockey League Championship Tournament for its 3rd consecutive year at the Annex. Last year the Annex hosted 16 teams from across the east coast with the NC State Wolfpack claiming last year's championship.

Game Schedule:

Friday Games: 12pm, 3pm, 6pm, 9pm (Quarterfinals)

Saturday Games: 12:00 pm *(w), 2:30 pm *(w), 5:00pm, 8:00pm (Semifinals)

Sunday Game: 11:00 am *(w), 1:30 pm (Championship)

ALL SEATING IS GENERAL ADMISSION FOR THE TOURNAMENT

*(w) indicates first ever ACC Women's Championship Tournament Games

DOOR TIME is 30 min before the FIRST SCHEDULED Game of each day

All games will be broadcasted on HPU Hockey's Youtube
Icepack1
GW has canceled all club sporting events through the end of January, so the Pack will just play the 1 game tonight against Georgetown. This will probably be a pretty tough game for us, but it's the type of game we'll need to win come ACCHL Tournament time, so we'll see how it goes. Should be available to watch on LiveBarn (Gardens Ice House).

Icepack1
Good effort by the Pack, Georgetown is just a bit better. As far as I know, the Pack are done for the regular season and will resume action at the WACCHL Tournament in Winston-Salem (2/19-2/20). I will post any other information I gather before then.

Icepack1
Icepack1
The Pack will wrap up their season at the WACCHL Tournament in Winston-Salem. The full tournament schedule is as follows:

Saturday, Feb. 19 - Semifinals:

#2 Georgetown vs. #3 NC State -- 12:00 PM
#1 West Virginia vs. #4 George Washington -- 2:30 PM

Sunday, Feb. 20 - Final:

Semifinal 1 Winner vs. Semifinal 2 Winner -- 11:00 AM

Tickets can be purchased here.

All games can be watched here.
Icepack1
Icepack1 said:

The Pack will wrap up their season at the WACCHL Tournament in Winston-Salem. The full tournament schedule is as follows:

Saturday, Feb. 19 - Semifinals:

#2 Georgetown vs. #3 NC State -- 12:00 PM
#1 West Virginia vs. #4 George Washington -- 2:30 PM

Sunday, Feb. 20 - Final:

Semifinal 1 Winner vs. Semifinal 2 Winner -- 11:00 AM

Tickets can be purchased here.

All games can be watched here.
Update - the semifinal games have been flipped. The Pack will now play on Saturday at noon instead of 2:30.
Icepack1
Game day. The #3 seed Pack get the #2 seed Georgetown. The Pack fell to the Hoyas 6-3 last month, but I think this a team we can beat.

GuerrillaPack
Big win over Georgetown today in the semi-finals of the ACCHL tournament. They play in the championship game tomorrow at 11:00 am at the Winston-Salem Fairgrounds Annex, in the game right before the mens championship game in the same arena, which we should be in if we win in the SF tonight. If in the area, consider coming out to support them in person. I may be there. I made it out to the final in 2020.

"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
Icepack1
Really terrific win for the Pack against a team they struggled with last month. Emily Petersen led the scoring with 2 goals and 2 assists, while Veronica Heyl stopped 40 of 42 shots. Pack will get the top seed West Virginia in the final tomorrow at 11am.

GuerrillaPack
The NC State women's hockey team is on their way to winning the ACCHL Tournament Championship. They are up 5-2 after the end of the 2nd period. I just got here to the rink at the Winston-Salem Fairground Annex.
"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
GuerrillaPack
The ladies won 6-4. ACCHL Champions.
GuerrillaPack
Icepack1
The ladies stunned top seed West Virginia to claim their first ACCHL title. Veronica Heyl turned away 73 of 77 shots, and Emily Petersen led the scoring with 4 goals. Really an unbelievable tournament run; the Pack lost badly to both Georgetown and West Virginia in the regular season. This results this weekend show an incredible amount of growth. That will conclude the 2021-2022 season; the Pack will lose a number of key contributors from this team, but they certainly have plenty to build on for next season.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.