Tatyana Forbes (softball) Team Mexico at Summer Olympics

713 Views | 0 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Wolfer79
Wolfer79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Softball will be featured at the upcoming Summer Olympics in Tokyo for the first time since 2008, and NC State Softball will be represented. Former Pack OF Tatyana Forbes will be part of Team Mexico, which is playing in the Olympics for the first time in their history.

"Playing for Team Mexico has been an unbelievable experience," said Forbes. "Over the last five years, I have got to represent my family while traveling to different countries all over the world. There's nothing better than that.

"I have worked my whole life for this moment, and I could not be more blessed to have the opportunity to go to the Olympics in Tokyo!"

Concluding her Wolfpack career following this past 2021 season, Forbes ranks as NC State's career batting average leader (.423) and career on-base percentage leader (.484). She led the 2021 Wolfpack squad with 51 hits on the season, and had a team-best 15 multi-hit games. She earned ACC All-Tournament honors to conclude her NC State career.

A Redmond, Wash., native, Forbes played at both Coastal Carolina and FIU before transferring to NC State to play in the 2019 and 2020 campaigns.

Mexico qualified for the 2020 Olympics by winning one of two spots (along with Canada) in a qualification tournament for the Americas (the U.S. had already qualified).

The softball tournament will feature a single round-robin of the six teams in which each team will play one game against each other for a total of 15 games. These will be followed by a bronze medal game and a gold medal game. 17 games will be played in total.

Group stage games begin on July 21. Both the Bronze and Gold Medal games will be held July 27.
Wolfer79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Congrats to @Taty_Forbes & #TeamMexico as they will be going for BRONZE after their 4-1 defeat of Australia to wrap up the group stage.

Mexico will face Canada Tuesday at midnight (ET) on CNBC for the BRONZE medal.

: @Reuters https://t.co/qtvK06G766
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.