2020-21 NC State wrestling

16,057 Views | 216 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Wolfer79
SportManagementEngineer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
packgrad said:

No idea what happened with Trumble tonight. That was terrible. Almost wonder if it was intentional.
He's given up early takedowns multiple times this year. This time he did and got locked up tight.
Twitter: @JJwith2Jays
packgrad
SportManagementEngineer said:

packgrad said:

No idea what happened with Trumble tonight. That was terrible. Almost wonder if it was intentional.
He's given up early takedowns multiple times this year. This time he did and got locked up tight.

I had guests over so wasn't able to really pay a lot of attention. Thought he gave up an early takedown, and this came later. Either way he definitely got locked up like you said. Very disappointing result. Talked him up and was not expecting that. **Message board guy caveat... nothing negative meant about him. **** happens. They're on scholarship too. Just wasn't what I was expecting.
SportManagementEngineer
packgrad said:

SportManagementEngineer said:

packgrad said:

I had guests over so wasn't able to really pay a lot of attention. Thought he gave up an early takedown, and this came later. Either way he definitely got locked up like you said. Very disappointing result. Talked him up and was not expecting that. **Message board guy caveat... nothing negative meant about him. **** happens. They're on scholarship too. Just wasn't what I was expecting.

Yup he's going to have to learn to stay under control for all 7 minutes. He got a little loose against a veteran guy and paid the price. Luckily he gets a shot at redemption at ACCs and the dual was not close.
Twitter: @JJwith2Jays
Wolfer79
The #7 NC State wrestling team closed out the dual portion of its season with a 37-6 win over visiting Duke inside Reynolds Coliseum on Friday night. The Wolfpack (6-1, 4-1 ACC) won nine of the 10 bouts on the evening, and went for bonus points in five.

The dual started at 125 pounds and #5 Jakob Camacho once again opened with bonus points, as he scored all six takedowns in the bout and added in 1:57 of RT for a 14-5 major decision.

Fr. Ryan Jack got a pair of four-point near-falls and ended his bout in the second period with a 19-3 tech fall.

The Pack made it three straight to open the dual as #10 (at 133 pounds) Jarrett Trombley bumped up a weight class and claimed an 11-5 decision, with over two minutes of RT, at 141 pounds.

Fr. Ed Scott scored an upset at 149 pounds, as he used a headlock for a six-point move in the third period to score a 12-6 decision over #22 Josh Finesilver.

Fellow Fr. AJ Kovacs used a third period ride out, 1:30 total of RT, for a 4-2 decision.

At the intermission, NC State won the first five bouts and held an 18-0 lead.

#17 Thomas Bullard ended his bout in the first period, as he scored a pin 1:53 into his match at 165 pounds.

R-So. Alex Faison used a strong third period and came away with a 22-11 major decision at 174 pounds.

#4 Trent Hidlay received a forfeit win at 184 pounds.

Duke's lone win of the night came at 197 pounds, as Kaden Russel locked in a cradle and pinned #9 Isaac Trumble in the first period.

The Pack closed the night with a win at heavyweight, as #17 Deonte Wilson scored a 6-2 decision.

#7 NC State 37, Duke 6
125: #5 Jakob Camacho (NCSU) major dec. Logan Agin; 14-5 4-0
133: Ryan Jack (NCSU) tech fall Drake Doolittle; 19-3 9-0
141: #10 Jarrett Trombley (NCSU) dec. Patrick Rowland; 11-5 12-0
149: #31 Ed Scott (NCSU) dec. #22 Josh Finesilver; 12-6 15-0
157: AJ Kovacs (NCSU) dec. Brandon LaRue; 4-2 18-0
165: #17 Thomas Bullard (NCSU) fall Eric Carter; 1:53 24-0
174: Alex Faison (NCSU) major dec. Conor Becker; 22-11 28-0
184: #4 Trent Hidlay (NCSU) forfeit 34-0
197: Kaden Russell (DUKE) fall #9 Isaac Trumble; 0:44 34-6
285: #17 Deonte Wilson (NCSU) dec. Jonah Niesenbaum; 6-2 37-6

Up Next: The Pack will now look to win its third straight ACC Championship, as the Pack will be in post season action Feb. 28 inside Reynolds Coliseum.
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
.@PackWrestle ended its regular season in emphatic fashion, smashing the Duke Blue Devils 37-6, losing just one bout.

Next up for the Wolfpack will be the ACC Championship on Feb. 28.
@bryanpyrtle
https://t.co/e2DMJWbv8z
Wolfer79
Technician

.@PackWrestle No. 18 freshman Isaac Trumble has quickly made a name for himself.

"One of my coaches back at home, he told me, 'You go there and you find the biggest, meanest person and you give it to him'"
@bryanpyrtle
https://t.co/i3rJbFm8rq
Wolfer79
Technician

With 3 wrestlers entering as the No. 1 seed, @PackWrestle looks for its 3rd straight ACC Championship.

No. 3 Virginia Tech, which just beat the Pack on Feb. 5, will be the Wolfpack's main challenger for the throne.
@katpeters15
https://t.co/RQXIy4wWfw

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.