What are the expectations for our new AD?

2,500 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by ValleyWolf
Pack87
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Boo has been on the job 6 months, and there has been little comment about any plans or thoughts he has going forward. Much different from his predecessor, and that is not necessarily bad.

I am concerned that there seems to be just a lack of enthusiasm across all Wolfpack athletics right now. I get fans are bummed about this years football season, but doesn't seem like there is anything everyone can get excited about.

Just for discussion what initiatives would you like to see coming from the new AD, or if anyone has heard any specifics that would be even better. Whether its facilities, more money in specific areas, gameday improvements, etc. I don't want this to be a he needs to fire (insert coach here).
AirWolf
I thought DY did a great job as our AD. She was successful creating the director's cup as her measuring stick. It's easier to hire a wrestling, swimming, soccer,.... coach and give them the resources to be successful than to elevate the revenue sports. That takes a lot more resources for football.

I'm hopeful that Boo can raise financial resources for whole department especially the revenue sports. I don't think we get enough money from corporate sponsorship's as compared to Louisville for example. I have heard - don't know - that is Boo's forte. Hope what I heard is correct and he's very successful.
Red Terrors
I expect he will need to replace the football and basketball coaches within the next 1-2 years.
Then, I expect he will find excuses why we need donors to ante up and help with support so that he can make a "home run" hire.
Then, after he doesn't get this "home run" hire, he will need to spin it as the best that we can get under the circumstances and that we are building something here.
Then, he will have to unite the fan base.
Then, after a decade of underwhelming success, he will resign or move on and someone will have to continue the cycle.
Mr. O
We have an AD?

I haven't noticed.
Mr. O
Mr. O said:

We have an AD?

I haven't noticed.

Crickets...
ValleyWolf
Given the last couple of days, he looks like he will not rock the boat.
Pity, I hoped he came with a vision, now same old same old.
Pity
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.