Story Poster
Photo by Steve Murphy/IPS
NC State Baseball

Baseball’s Game With Campbell Postponed To Saturday At Noon

May 31, 2019

GREENVILLE, N.C. – After two lengthy delays due to rain and lightning, No. 15 NC State baseball’s game versus Campbell in the NCAA Greenville Regional at Clark-LeClair Stadium has been postponed to 12 p.m. Saturday.

The game was first halted at 2:21 p.m. due to lightning in the bottom of the eighth after a leadoff homer by Jonny Butler to cut NC State’s deficit to 5-4. Play resumed at 3:40 p.m., but 28 minutes later after the completion of the top of the ninth, the contest was paused again due to heavy rain.

Almost six hours later, the decision was ultimately made to play the final half inning at noon Saturday. The teams will resume play in the bottom of the ninth with no outs and the Camels holding a 5-4 advantage.

Fans will need to bring their “Session One” tickets to attend the rest of the NC State vs. Campbell game.

No. 9 East Carolina and Quinnipiac will play at 4 p.m. and the rest of the weekend schedule is to be announced. 

All games will be broadcast on ESPN3 and there will be a live audio stream on WKNC 88.1 FM.

Tags: Baseball
Discussion from...

Baseball’s Game With Campbell Postponed To Saturday At Noon

3,538 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by packman34
Rounder
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Where are we in the batting order? I believe Debo is up?
SportManagementEngineer
Rounder said:

(6) Debo, followed by the three pinch hitters we put in earlier that all struck out.
Twitter: @JJwith2Jays
packman34
SportManagementEngineer said:

Rounder said:

(6) Debo, followed by the three pinch hitters we put in earlier that all struck out.

I know right. I think Menchek is hitting in 8 hole. If can get one of 1st guys on, I would bunt guy into scoring position and at least give Menchek a shot. He hit well in WF game. Or either try and steal if have anyone fast on bench that can pinch run. Of course that's IF we can even get anyone on.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.