Do you remember your 1st weekend at NC State?

8,401 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by cowboypack02
Glasswolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I do! We had a keg party at Bragaw Hall. 22 kegs of beer...Free
PackFansXL
Since you remember it so well, I'm guessing you were a T-totaller back then.
Glasswolf
PackFansXL said:

Since you remember it so well, I'm guessing you were a T-totaller back then.
Um no...I enjoyed my share of the kegs. Could not afford the Pepsi's in the drink machine
PackMom
The first weekend apparently wasn't very memorable, but the first football game we beat ECU.
Wolfer79
all i remember is after going through Drop-Add, walking the campus on Saturday trying to figure out where my classes held and would I understand what was going on in my 8am Calculus class
PackMom
Now Drop-Add, I remember that VERY well. I could get dementia and not know who I am, but standing in those lines in Reynolds in the suffocating heat - that I will never forget.
Wolfer79
PackMom said:

Now Drop-Add, I remember that VERY well. I could get dementia and not know who I am, but standing in those lines in Reynolds in the suffocating heat - that I will never forget.
when I was in graduate school, the graduate assistants had to work Drop/Add for the department. All Day
wilmwolf
I do. It was extremely hot. No AC in the dorm. Wandered around campus, seeing my friends from high school in their dorms. Found the buildings that held my classes for my way too big of a first semester course load and realized I'd need to be running between a few of my classes to get to the next one. No keg parties. A guy I knew from high school had brought up a twelve pack of Heineken and he gave me a couple. It was a few weeks before I found out who had the fake IDs or knew upperclassmen to buy us beer. It was a time filled with great wonder and anticipation. Kinda scary too as a 17 year old that hadn't spent much time away from home prior to that.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
Radman
Glasswolf said:

I'm sure I was at the same party. Fall of 77 or 78?
ppack3
We bought supplies for our beer bong from Ferguson's Hardware and got hammered b4 seeing a couple of exotic dancers at a location that I will not devuldge. It was one heckuva college initiation.
pack99
I didn't get to room with a friend because I took too long to pick State over Wake Forest. I ended up rooming with an RA on the top floor of Bowen. He was very strange and there was no AC in that building. I spent the first two weeks crashing with friends in Tucker and then started rushing fraternities. I would ask every fraternity if I could move in the house as a pledge. I was that desperate for AC and a normal roommate. Lambda Chi was the first to tell me I could move in. Although living in the house as a pledge was...interesting...I definitely improved my situation and all ended well!
Wingscupped
Yessir..... my first night at State was the night of Mike Tyson's comeback fight against Peter McNeeley in 1995. I went with a buddy of mine to his brother's house at Falcon Ridge to watch it on pay-per-view with a bunch of older students. As a skinny 18 year old freshman, those 21-22 year old Senior girls and a free keg of beer made me fall in love with college from day one.
JonathanMetcalf
wilmwolf80 said:

I do. It was extremely hot. No AC in the dorm.

I know how difficult it is to live without AC in the summer season. AC is one of the most important devices in the whole HVAC system that plays a vital role in providing lower temperature. I have an HVAC system in my home, which is generally used for the heating, ventilation and air conditioning purpose. Having AC in the school, office, home, etc. is like one can increase their physical and intellectual activity.

Do not advertise other businesses on the message boards

Glasswolf
Radman said:

Glasswolf said:

I'm sure I was at the same party. Fall of 77 or 78?

Glasswolf
ppack3 said:

We bought supplies for our beer bong from Ferguson's Hardware and got hammered b4 seeing a couple of exotic dancers at a location that I will not devuldge. It was one heckuva college initiation.
It wasn't the Keg was it? LOL
Wolfer79
ppack3 said:

bonus points if you got a date with one of the dancers

Glasswolf
Wolfer79 said:

ppack3 said:

Maybe My Apartment Lounge

ncsupack1
Yes and no....lol....had a great time tho..
Glasswolf
Wolfer79 said:

ppack3 said:

Can you define "date"?
Wolfer79
Glasswolf said:

Wolfer79 said:

ppack3 said:

Can you define "date"?

let's just use the definition of "spent money on and talked"
JeffreyDurkin
First weekend at State was also the same date as the first Lollapallooza. I barely got my parents out of the room and back in their car before a large group of friends crashed the place and we started partying for the concert. It was a great way to start my college years!
NCSUBill
'68 in Bragaw. Parents gone, welcome kegger.

Kept trying to figure out how to get ac eindow unit set up.... Powers that be said no. It would have helped entire suite.

ZAXPACK15
pack99 said:

I didn't get to room with a friend because I took too long to pick State over Wake Forest. I ended up rooming with an RA on the top floor of Bowen. He was very strange and there was no AC in that building. I spent the first two weeks crashing with friends in Tucker and then started rushing fraternities. I would ask every fraternity if I could move in the house as a pledge. I was that desperate for AC and a normal roommate. Lambda Chi was the first to tell me I could move in. Although living in the house as a pledge was...interesting...I definitely improved my situation and all ended well!
Glad to know there's another LXA brother on the site!
SportManagementEngineer
Transferred in as a sophomore after a year at ECU (I know, probably shouldn't have dicked around so much in high school). Got lucky to live in Bragaw with a buddy as his roommate situation fell through.

I'm sure we made our way to a random party that weekend. Did not get laid like my first night in Greenville, ha.
Twitter: @JJwith2Jays
ppack3
Glasswolf said:

ppack3 said:

It wasn't the Keg was it? LOL
It was at a Frat
Go State!
ppack3
Wolfer79 said:

Glasswolf said:

Wolfer79 said:

ppack3 said:

Can you define "date"?

let's just use the definition of "spent money on and talked"
I participated in the show but, alas, no date.
Go State!
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
PackMom
Wow! I was just thinking about how many years it's been since we took our youngest to the Legacy Luncheon.
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.