North Korea Summit Thread June 12, 2018

1,768 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by PackBacker07
BP Cox
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Both Trump and Rocket Man are about to meet tonight around 9 pm EST. They will meet for 2 hours alone (with translators) before both envoys will be allowed into the room.

Whoever thought that it could possibly be Donald Trump and Dennis Rodman that would end the Korean War.

All joking aside I'm most interested in seeing how the topic of human rights gets addressed with the country and leaders. To be sure they're not just gonna sweep all those decades of crap under the rug????

For everyone's sake I hope it's a successful summit. I'd say the same if it was Obama, Bush, Clinton, Jefferson, etc. The world will be a better place if this can be resolved peacefully.
IPS Photojournalist
@BPCox_
TraCha4
^ I agree with this. For me it's less about politics and more about humanity.
statefan91
bpcox said:

Both Trump and Rocket Man are about to meet tonight around 9 pm EST. They will meet for 2 hours alone (with translators) before both envoys will be allowed into the room.

Whoever thought that it could possibly be Donald Trump and Dennis Rodman that would end the Korean War.

All joking aside I'm most interested in seeing how the topic of human rights gets addressed with the country and leaders. To be sure they're not just gonna sweep all those decades of crap under the rug????

For everyone's sake I hope it's a successful summit. I'd say the same if it was Obama, Bush, Clinton, Jefferson, etc. The world will be a better place if this can be resolved peacefully.
Sounds like nothing related to human rights came up...
BP Cox
Staff
statefan91 said:

bpcox said:

Sounds like nothing related to human rights came up...
No but you know it has to. Too much has been done and even though the majority was done by his father and grandfather, the piper still has to be paid at some point for that.

I'm just wondering if it really was the restrictions the Trump Admin put on NK that caused them to come to the table or something else? I know once China stopped working with them it left them on an island.

Wondering if we did something covertly to get his attention...like sent black ops into Un's house and swapped all his towels out with Trump Hotel towels and linens.
IPS Photojournalist
@BPCox_
PackFansXL
Perhaps the intervention included a genuine Hendu bathrobe to seal the deal.
GuerrillaPack
So the talking point that the communist Lamestream media decided upon this time is to whine about "muh human rights". Since when do they care about human rights? You know, like the right to life (abortion), our right not to be spied on by our government in violation of the 4th Amendment, our right to self defense (gun rights), etc.

I have a hard time believing that the Leftist-controlled Establishment media truly cares if a communist dictator in North Korea is oppressing his people.

PackBacker07
Sounds like we gave quite a bit for relatively nothing in return (at least at the moment). And I agree with BP, how can you speak to Un without human rights being at least brought to the table?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.