Fishing and Hunting

26,217 Views | 133 Replies | Last: 13 days ago by ncsupack1
ncsupack1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Any of y'all into fishing and or hunting? Getting the boat ready for some bass fishing tomorrow at Harris, been a couple of months since I last went. Got me thinking how many on here like doing these kinda things.
wolfpack1437
Been fishing at Harris all year. Water temps in low 50s right now with a decent stain. A few males shallow and fish starting to slowly move. Caught a couple 8#s Friday on 6xd between 16-20 FOW. Been a decent jig bite the last several weeks-- not good numbers but good size. Water has rapidly moved from mid 40's to the low 50s in just the last week. In mid January after the big cold snap where it didn't break freezing for like a week, the creeks were iced over and I saw water temps in upper 30's for the first time I can ever remember
wolfpack1437
Also they are redoing the Hollomans ramp so it's not open and the Crosspoint ramp has been a zoo
ncsupack1
^ thanks for letting me know...and thanks for the report.
wolfpack1437
No problem, let us know how you do today
ncsupack1
Didn't fair so well. Thinking of Falls Saturday, try something different.
wolfpack1437
ncsupack1 said:

Didn't fair so well. Thinking of Falls Saturday, try something different.

I struggled out there today too. Cold rain Sat must have knocked them back a bit
bullet21xrd
Fished Saturday at Jordan and finished 5th with 22.79lbs. First and second had over 30lbs. The bass are chewing at Falls too.Had 2 over 8lbs yesterday. Going to Jordan again Saturday morning for half day.
wolfpack1437
bullet21xrd said:

Fished Saturday at Jordan and finished 5th with 22.79lbs. First and second had over 30lbs. The bass are chewing at Falls too.Had 2 over 8lbs yesterday. Going to Jordan again Saturday morning for half day.

They shallow on Jordan? They just started rushing the bank this afternoon in Harris
bullet21xrd
It was won in 2' of water and I'm sure they will be this weekend. I caught mine on 5'-7' staging. Same depth at falls as well.
wolfpack1437
bullet21xrd said:

It was won in 2' of water and I'm sure they will be this weekend. I caught mine on 5'-7' staging. Same depth at falls as well.

It's crazy at times how different Harris can fish from those 2 lakes . I caught them pretty well on Harris today, including an 8 and a 6, but they just aren't staging hard yet. Can catch one here and there on a chatterbait or senko shallow but not consistent yet. My 2 big fish today came on deep diving jerkbaits around breaks adjacent to spawning flats. However that bite is just as inconsistent as the shallow bite. Water temps in the low to mid 60's in several places but they just aren't as eager to rush the bank as in years past--- likely has a lot to do with the really low water levels and the fact that they sprayed and killed everything growing in 10 foot or less. The several deep spots I'd been catching them off all winter have basically shut off....fish still there and more showing up every day but they refuse to bite. I'll be shocked if that tournament this Saturday is won deep. Unless something changes dramatically in the next 36 hours or so, there isn't even a single fish on the spot those two 40+lb bags were caught on last spring
ncsupack1
We're is the tournament? Heading to Harris today?
wolfpack1437
ncsupack1 said:

We're is the tournament? Heading to Harris today?

Harris. Stay far far away
ncsupack1
Well I went and caught just one. Three pounder, very busy
wolfpack1437
~35 pounds won the tournament. Will be interesting to hear the other weights and how they were caught
ncsupack1
wolfpack1437 said:

~35 pounds won the tournament. Will be interesting to hear the other weights and how they were caught
Yeah, we left before the weight in. Slow day for us, kinda hard to figure out right now.
Steven
Saltwater fishing just waiting will not be long before it's cobia time
I’m stevethepackfan from TOS
jnbwolf
Fisherman here. I fish mostly Crappie with Catfish and Bass occasionaly on Wylie mostly. I hit the crappie hard all fall and early winter, but havent been out much in the last month or two. That is about to change! Ill post reports.
wolfpack1437
ncsupack1 said:

wolfpack1437 said:

Yeah, we left before the weight in. Slow day for us, kinda hard to figure out right now.

8lbs got a check so it was pretty slow for everyone but 2 guys. Guy who had the 2 40lb bags last year zeroed
ncsupack1
wolfpack1437 said:

ncsupack1 said:

wolfpack1437 said:

8lbs got a check so it was pretty slow for everyone but 2 guys. Guy who had the 2 40lb bags last year zeroed

Didn't know that. Guess lighting didn't hit twice.
wolfpack1437
Anybody been out enjoying the sun and warmth of the last week? Fish were on the bed at Harris all last week so it made for some good times sight fishing
wolfpack1437
Nobody else fishing right now? Figured this thread would perk up with the arrival of Spring
NatePait94
Kicked off trout season this past weekend. Caught a whole mess of Brooks and rainbows in the Tuckaseegee (Jackson County side).

Back home now and the Mrs and I will be pounding Lake McIntosh on the banks here soon
ncsupack1
wolfpack1437 said:

Nobody else fishing right now? Figured this thread would perk up with the arrival of Spring

Haven't been in a couple of weeks. Thinking about this coming up weekend.
ZAXPACK15
I'm heading up to Weldon on Friday to fish the striper run on the Roanoke. Anyone else fished there this week?
NatePait94
I've never done that before. Let me know how it turns out?
ZAXPACK15
I've been doing it the third weekend in April for years and usually always get a group of 8 of us, split into two boats. If the fish are there, you'll catch 20-25 apiece easily. If they are slow coming up river, then you might catch 10-15, thus why I was asking if anyone knew if the big schools of fish had made it that far up river yet. I'll give you a report once I get back but I've never been disappointed, even in "bad years".
NatePait94
Awesome! Thank you very much!
ZAXPACK15
Other than being a little windy it was a good day on the river. We divided 10 of us into two different boats and caught 110 fish between the two of vessels. The fish were smaller than normal but we got our keepers (mostly between 18 and 20 inches) and one slot sized fish at 23 inches. If you want to go up there the next month will be the peak. We used live and cut bait on a leader off of the bottom fyi. Good luck to you!
NatePait94
Thank you for that info
ncsupack1
Last two weekends I haven't done so hot at Falls. Caught a few today, but couldn't put together a pattern. How has everyone else been fairing?
bullet21xrd
Won the Collins Bass For Cash on the Chowan river 2 weeks ago with 5 for 24.88 and big fish of 7.69. Last Thursday a storm came through our place at Kerr lake and brought a 100 y/o oak down on the boat shelter. Total loss of the pontoon,ski boat and 1 golf cart!
NatePait94
That's awful. I hate to hear that
ncsupack1
bullet21xrd said:

Won the Collins Bass For Cash on the Chowan river 2 weeks ago with 5 for 24.88 and big fish of 7.69. Last Thursday a storm came through our place at Kerr lake and brought a 100 y/o oak down on the boat shelter. Total loss of the pontoon,ski boat and 1 golf cart!

Sorry to hear that.
bullet21xrd
Appreciate that! Tree was removed Monday and Tuesday. Boat shelter on Wednesday. The pontoons were mashed flat and the top cap on ski boat was separated from the hull. Both trailers were on the ground with tires blown out. Now waiting for insurance company do their deal. While I wait I will be spending a lot of time pre- fishing on on the Roanoke.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.