How do we get this "water cooler" board to become more active?

3,175 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by ncsupack1
PackFansXL
How long do you want to ignore this user?
With the regular season of football coming to a conclusion, how do we get a little bit of activity on this board?
Suggestions?
Cole's commandments:

1) You get out what you put in
2) Treat everyone the right way and stand for something
3) Never accept mediocrity in anything
toddl
Staff
Trolls.

But kinda seriously, trolling and responding to trolls is pretty much how the internet operates. We're not just gonna sit around and have pleasant conversations very often.
PoleD
Not really sure but I think it is important if the site is to grow. People (like myself) come here, see its kind of dead and then wonder if this is the activity on the free board what is the pay side like?

For those of you that do pay, does the pay side have enough activity to warrant the fee?
TraCha4
Add another thread like Motor Boating. Call it Hump Day.
cowboypack02
I would be more active if the water cooler was more active. Unless there is something up I don't look at the sports side but I look on this side because I enjoy the discussion
ncsupack1
I was hoping it would be more active, but I must admit I don't miss the pissing and fighting all the time....I guess for it to be more active more need to engaged.
ncsupack1
PoleD said:

Not really sure but I think it is important if the site is to grow. People (like myself) come here, see its kind of dead and then wonder if this is the activity on the free board what is the pay side like?

For those of you that do pay, does the pay side have enough activity to warrant the fee?
The pay side is very worth it imo.... not a ton of activity but active, very good info and plus there is chat.
waxhaw
Definitely worth the money.
FuzzyRed
I don't really see this board as a major draw for the site, just a nice extra.

I sure don't miss the politics and other pissy BS from PP. Whatever happens here, I hope we can avoid that mess. Maybe we can just do what smart folks everywhere do - leave politics and religion out of it.

Good stuff to talk about: eating, drinking, outdoor recreation, home maintenance, etc.

Maybe someone needs to start a good diesel vs gasoline, Ford vs Chevy vs Toyota, or propane vs charcoal thread.
toddl
Staff
FuzzyRed said:

Good stuff to talk about: eating, drinking, outdoor recreation, home maintenance, etc.

Maybe someone needs to start a good diesel vs gasoline, Ford vs Chevy vs Toyota, or propane vs charcoal thread.

Meat is murder.
Drinkers have no self control.
Hunters are evil.
K, maintaining your house is a good thing.
Diesel and gas are both evil.
Try driving a reasonable car instead of a ridiculous truck.
Meat is murder, again.

There's some starting points for good conversation.
FuzzyRed
toddl said:

FuzzyRed said:

Meat is murder.
Drinkers have no self control.
Hunters are evil.
K, maintaining your house is a good thing.
Diesel and gas are both evil.
Try driving a reasonable car instead of a ridiculous truck.
Meat is murder, again.

There's some starting points for good conversation.
I agree with 2.5 of these statements. Guess which ones!
ncsupack1
FuzzyRed said:

I don't really see this board as a major draw for the site, just a nice extra.

I sure don't miss the politics and other pissy BS from PP. Whatever happens here, I hope we can avoid that mess. Maybe we can just do what smart folks everywhere do - leave politics and religion out of it.

I hear ya. Don't miss that stuff on PP.... although I do like talking about drinking and grilling.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.