Gary Hahn Suspended

15,532 Views | 218 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Marco
wolf howl
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm done here at IPS and at State if you can't have an opinion or voice that dissents from the woke. It's ridiculous. Refuse to give my money to people that want to control narratives.
Francis
Agree with you. Woke crowd got indoctrinated in public schools and can't tell the difference between communism and capitalism.
KKandDD
"I'm done here at IPS"

-guy posting on IPS
KKandDD
Have none of y'all worked jobs? When you say dumb **** there are consequences, it's a fairly simple concept. It has nothing to do with politics, ideology, whatever you want to call it.

Gary hopefully won't and shouldn't be fired over it but he goofed and Learfield did something about it. Big whoop. Readjust your tin foil hats and settle down.
wolf howl
KKandDD said:

"I'm done here at IPS"

-guy posting on IPS
Sorry you don't understand how subscriptions work. Get mom to teach you.
KKandDD
And yours can teach you irony
wolf howl
KKandDD said:

Have none of y'all worked jobs? When you say dumb **** there are consequences, it's a fairly simple concept. It has nothing to do with politics, ideology, whatever you want to call it.

Gary hopefully won't and shouldn't be fired over it but he goofed and Learfield did something about it. Big whoop. Readjust your tin foil hats and settle down.
I've been in senior leadership in fortune 40 companies for years but please tell me how the "real world" works. LOL

You and other snowflakes were butt hurt by him saying "illegal aliens". Let's all be real and agree that's not offensive in any way, shape or form and then reassess the situation.
Packchem91
wolf howl said:

KKandDD said:

"I'm done here at IPS"

-guy posting on IPS
Sorry you don't understand how subscriptions work. Get mom to teach you.

Lol, how exactly are you being restricted here enough to threaten to resign?
You're being allowed to comment that you think Gary should be able to say any stupid thing he wants without recourse.
Others disagree. That's the way the board is supposed to work. Sure, the thread was removed from the sports board, but it had turned into a non sports debate
GuerrillaPack
wolf howl said:

I'm done here at IPS and at State if you can't have an opinion or voice that dissents from the woke. It's ridiculous. Refuse to give my money to people that want to control narratives.
And how many years now has the Left been using sports to shove the "Black Lives Matter" and LGBTQ agendas down our throats? The Left is not against injecting politics into sports. They blatantly use sports to promote their ideological and political agendas. They only have a problem with it when someone in sports voices a conservative, right-wing, or anti-Establishment viewpoint, and then they mobilize to destroy that person's life and career.

Would they suspend or fire a sports commentator for voicing a "political" opinion that aligns with the ideological Left -- such as supporting gun control (eg, Bob Costas, others), supporting covid vaccine mandates, or support for amnesty for illegal aliens? Of course not. There are sports commentators on ESPN and many other networks making political statements every day -- only these are political statements that align with the Leftist Establishment agenda.

It's a blatant double standard. It's only a "problem" when a sports commentator voices right-wing or anti-Establishment viewpoints. If they voice Leftist or Establishment views on air, then it's no problem at all.

Those on the far Left are taking full control of our society/culture -- running most big companies, universities, Establishment media. And they do not believe in freedom of speech. Their agenda is to suppress and censor their opposition as much as possible, and taking it even further to now destroying the lives and careers of those who oppose their far Left communist agenda (ie, "cancel culture").
"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
KKandDD
I'm a snowflake? I frankly don't care about the situation. Gary can get suspended, fired, continue to call games until he croaks. I do not care. He played a stupid game and got a stupid prize. The world will continue to turn.

Y'all are the ones freaking out. If you're such a big shot in the corporate world, then you'd know the employer can deal with this situation how they please.
Packchem91
wolf howl said:

KKandDD said:

I've been in senior leadership in fortune 40 companies for years but please tell me how the "real world" works. LOL

You and other snowflakes were butt hurt by him saying "illegal aliens". Let's all be real and agree that's not offensive in any way, shape or form and then reassess the situation.

Send an email to your entire organization on Tuesday about a new "fill in the blank" to be installed in southern Texas where all the illegal immigrants are, and see how that goes over for you , lol.

I can't imagine an industry where an out-of-context comment that is dripping in political sentiment like that would not draw extremely negative reaction.

Context matters. Discussion of illegal immigration is a major topic and should be able to be discussed, but when you tie a comment completely out of context, you reap what you sow

wolf howl
KKandDD said:

I'm a snowflake? I frankly don't care about the situation. Gary can get suspended, fired, continue to call games until he croaks. I do not care. He played a stupid game and got a stupid prize. The world will continue to turn.

Y'all are the ones freaking out. If you're such a big shot in the corporate world, then you'd know the employer can deal with this situation how they please.
I'm not freaking out, I'm simply withholding my money to organizations that allow voices to be censored. Enough is enough. If you support that then good for you, you're allowed, but if anyone has a shred of dignity and doesn't stand for what they think is right and supports those they oppose, then they're the fool.

IPS decided to lock a thread because they were afraid it was too political that the freaking voice of the Pack for decades was suspended for saying something NOT CONTROVERSIAL or offensive then that's their right as they own the site. It's also my right not to support that decision.

As their business model I'm sure they don't want to rock the boat but to look the other way means you're agreeing, and I do not and will not.
GuerrillaPack
KKandDD said:

"I'm done here at IPS"

-guy posting on IPS
You have reading comprehension problems? Did you see where he stated "if you can't have an opinion or voice that dissents from the woke".
"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
KKandDD
GuerrillaPack
KKandDD said:

If Gary would have said "down in El Paso where the poor undocumented migrants are trying to get a better life", in sympathy for them...then there would be no problem, right?

It's not "dumb" to use the term "illegal alien". That's just a factual, accepted, widely-used term for what those people are.
wolf howl
Packchem91 said:

wolf howl said:

KKandDD said:

Send an email to your entire organization on Tuesday about a new "fill in the blank" to be installed in southern Texas where all the illegal immigrants are, and see how that goes over for you , lol.

I can't imagine an industry where an out-of-context comment that is dripping in political sentiment like that would not draw extremely negative reaction.

Context matters. Discussion of illegal immigration is a major topic and should be able to be discussed, but when you tie a comment completely out of context, you reap what you sow

ESPN literally does this every day. Every single day. Gun control. "Racism". You name it. It is 100% allowed IF it follows the leftist playbook. Name a SINGE instance where someone went too far on the left on air with their opinions and got canceled. Please.

And, again, "illegal aliens" isn't offensive. LOL It's the legit term for people that are in ANY country illegally. JFC
GuerrillaPack
KKandDD said:

James and company offer an incredible service to State fans and put out top notch content. They'll be just fine. Maybe I'll up my donation a few bucks a month to make up for your absence! Take care.
To their credit, James and company do not censor people for their ideological views.

You seem to be in the distinct minority here in supporting the suspension of Hahn.
KKandDD
wolf howl said:

KKandDD said:

I'm not freaking out, I'm simply withholding my money to organizations that allow voices to be censored. Enough is enough. If you support that then good for you, you're allowed, but if anyone has a shred of dignity and doesn't stand for what they think is right and supports those they oppose, then they're the fool.

IPS decided to lock a thread because they were afraid it was too political that the freaking voice of the Pack for decades was suspended for saying something NOT CONTROVERSIAL or offensive then that's their right as they own the site. It's also my right not to support that decision.

As their business model I'm sure they don't want to rock the boat but to look the other way means you're agreeing, and I do not and will not.

James and company offer an incredible service to State fans and put out top notch content. They'll be just fine. Maybe I'll up my donation a few bucks a month to make up for your absence! Take care.
Brown is Red
GH is well past his prime. Many State fans that are supporting him today have commented in the past that it's past time for him to retire. He's been slipping for a while.

Is there an illegal alien issue at our southern border? Yes, there has been for decades.

Did Gary Hahn need to make the comment? No.

If he had just reported the score and moved on, no one would think twice. We'd just be arguing over the FB and BB games. I don't consider his comment to be untruthful, and only borderline insensitive. If he was playing a broadcaster in a comedy and made the comment, I would probably laugh. It was still a dumb thing to say on air. He should've known that comment like that would likely cost him his job.
KKandDD
GuerrillaPack said:

KKandDD said:

To their credit, James and company do not censor people for their ideological views.

You seem to be in the distinct minority here in supporting the suspension of Hahn.

Supporting? Nah, not really. Not for or against. Does it surprise me? No. Does it upset me? Also no. I'm not a snowflake, I don't get wrapped around the axle over things that really don't impact my day to day (minus State sports, unfortunately).
wolf howl
KKandDD said:

wolf howl said:

KKandDD said:

I appreciate your history lesson but I've been around since the Nando days or whatever it was called WAY back in the history so I'm aware of the info provided. It's very well done otherwise I wouldn't be a customer for decades at this point. Point still stands, if Pack nation can't support Hahn then I can't support them.
wolf howl
Brown is Red said:

GH is well past his prime. Many State fans that are supporting him today have commented in the past that it's past time for him to retire. He's been slipping for a while.

Is there an illegal alien issue at our southern border? Yes, there has been for decades.

If he had just reported the score and moved on, no one would think twice. We'd just be arguing over the FB and BB games. I don't consider his comment to be untruthful, and only borderline insensitive. If he was playing a broadcaster in a comedy and made the comment, I would probably laugh. It was still a dumb thing to say on air. He should've known that comment like that would likely cost him his job.
If he'd commented on a shooting and said we needed gun control, would he have been suspended? We both know the answer.
GuerrillaPack
wolf howl said:

Brown is Red said:

If he'd commented on a shooting and said we needed gun control, would he have been suspended? We both know the answer.
Or how about, for example, if a sports commentator says they support the transgender agenda and allowing biological men to compete as a "woman", such as that swimmer? No one would bat an eye.

But what about the opposite? What if a sports commentator spoke out against that? Would the regressive Left commietard mob come after them, squealing for them to be fired? Of course.
KKandDD
wolf howl said:

KKandDD said:

wolf howl said:

KKandDD said:

I appreciate your history lesson but I've been around since the Nando days or whatever it was called WAY back in the history so I'm aware of the info provided. It's very well done otherwise I wouldn't be a customer for decades at this point. Point still stands, if Pack nation can't support Hahn then I can't support them.

I am sure this will be disappointing news for "Pack nation" to hear, but we all fully support you in whatever you decide.
BP Cox
Staff
GuerrillaPack said:

KKandDD said:

Correct and thank you for pointing this out. Many times I will receive a notice to review a flagged post. 99% of the time it is either someone just being a butthole trolling or people literally disagreeing with someone's post and they flag it.

We have lost the ability to agree to disagree, not take things so seriously, or in some cases just to have a backbone or ignore someone.

Sometimes we might let some conversations go too far, but I feel this forum gives members ample ability to voice their opinions regardless of their angle. As long as there is no threatening language or threats of violence, folks can speak their minds more or less.
IPS Photojournalist
@BPCox_
wolf howl
Agreed which is my heart burn on it being locked in the sports thread.

I've never one time in decades of being on message boards "flagged" anyone as I don't care that much. It's your opinion on a message board, no big deal. People are idiots everywhere which is fine. I just don't like that we don't support one of our own in Hahn because it's not a leftist narrative.
910wolf
I get the argument that it wasn't the appropriate time or place for the comment.

But I've seen people call this a racist comment. Have we really gotten to the point that people think "Illegal aliens" is racist? It's a factual term.
KKandDD
It's not remotely close to being a racist comment. That's absurd. It was unprofessional, unnecessary, and completely random, but not racist.
Werewolf
Brown is Red said:

I agree with u almost 100%..... I think:

- GH is "past his prime" not "well past his prime"
- "borderline insensitive" by today's standards, yes, but the two words "illegal" and "alien" are true and correct
#Devolution #Expand Your Thinking #Eye of The Storm #TheGreatAwakening
Oldsouljer
Werewolf said:

Brown is Red said:

- "borderline insensitive" by today's standards, yes, but the two words "illegal" and "alien" are true and correct
Agree, but whether they'll support a wrongful termination suit is at least questionable.
wolf howl
KKandDD said:

It's not remotely close to being a racist comment. That's absurd. It was unprofessional, unnecessary, and completely random, but not racist.
Do you say the same every time ESPN spouts their woke values? Gun control, racism, etc.? Or we driving on a one way street here?
Werewolf
Oldsouljer said:

Werewolf said:

Brown is Red said:

Agree, but whether they'll support a wrongful termination suit is at least questionable.
That company can do as they choose. I'm just glad I don't reside or am employed in that environment. I could never see myself returning to the RTP area for that reason alone; its changed dramatically since I left in the 80s.
MrStateFanGuy
wolf howl said:

LOL at this poster literally threatening to cancel this website and his university over opinions that dissent from his. Talk about wanting to control narratives.
Werewolf
MrStateFanGuy said:

wolf howl said:

LOL at this poster literally threatening to cancel this website and his university over opinions that dissent from his. Talk about wanting to control narratives.
He's standing up for the right to speak freely. Something we're all too ready to give up. IPS does a fantastic job with allowing free speech here.......

I'd been banned on twitter for 4-5 years until recently. Facebook took me down numerous times for freely speaking and I managed to discontinue posting such that I was restored from FB jail. Later, FB determined I was participating and sharing info via MESSENGER and removed my account permanently. You just don't get it I'm sure.
wolf howl
MrStateFanGuy said:

wolf howl said:

LOL at this poster not understanding the original thread was locked to suppress discussion over the literal voice of the Wolfpack being suspended. My entire point is it should not have been locked where it was at. We can't support our own when it's remotely inconvenient.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.