Town of Kenly Police officers resign

3,371 Views | 36 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by TheStorm
wuffpack90
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Have yall seen this? Thoughts?
BBW12OG
Stereotypes exist for a reason......

Interpret that as you will. Same story, same M.O. different town.

I'm sure after she was hired she had some sort of "celebratory party" in her honor thrown by her. Wouldn't be surprised if she didn't set up a GoFundMe page in order to help her pay for her party in her honor.

Damn shame that people like this are allowed to get away with things like this without being called out for it. But, if anyone calls them out they are called a raaaayyyyyyccccccciiiiiiiisssssttttttt.......

You know... the left's go to line.
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
- Thomas Jefferson
hokiewolf
BBW12OG said:

Stereotypes exist for a reason......

Interpret that as you will. Same story, same M.O. different town.

I'm sure after she was hired she had some sort of "celebratory party" in her honor thrown by her. Wouldn't be surprised if she didn't set up a GoFundMe page in order to help her pay for her party in her honor.

Damn shame that people like this are allowed to get away with things like this without being called out for it. But, if anyone calls them out they are called a raaaayyyyyyccccccciiiiiiiisssssttttttt.......

You know... the left's go to line.
do you know personally why the reasons where for the mass resignations? I don't see any specifics in the couple of news stories I've seen. I'm just asking because it may have formed your conclusion, not trying to start anything.

I dont think I can jump to that conclusion until all the facts are known. But it is certainly a strange situation.
Originator of the Tony Adams Scale
BBW12OG
Google is your friend.
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
- Thomas Jefferson
hokiewolf
BBW12OG said:

Google is your friend.
Well I looked and the resignations were for a hostile work environment. That can mean a lot of different things. The new Town Manager could just not be a good manager, it could also mean a disagreement in policy or budget, or something else. It's not a clear reason for me personally to make a judgement. But it is clear everyone seems to be skirting the issue without giving actual info
BBW12OG
Yeah searching out the truth that may not fit the MARXIST PARTY'S narrative is tough...........
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

- Thomas Jefferson
hokiewolf
I think you're jumping to a conclusion that may or may not be correct. Isn't that what you preach to me about a whole host of issues? Now that I'm taking your advice that is also incorrect?
BBW12OG
Here's what I'm telling you. Do your own damn research. There's enough out there about her, her employment history etc....

You just, as always, want to be a pain in the ass.

Last response to you. Once again you got on a thread to make it about you and kill it. Good job.
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

- Thomas Jefferson
Bell Tower Grey
I understand it all began over the service of an eviction notice. Allegedly, the tenant complained to the city manager, who then aligned herself with the tenant. Things rapidly escalated from there. However, the working relationships between the manager and town employees wasn't good from early on. This incident was the last straw for those that resigned.

This is far from being over. Others, including the manager, will most likely be gone when all is done.
BBW12OG
Bell Tower Grey said:

I understand it all began over the service of an eviction notice. Allegedly, the tenant complained to the city manager, who then aligned herself with the tenant. Things rapidly escalated from there. However, the working relationships between the manager and town employees wasn't good from early on. This incident was the last straw for those that resigned.

This is far from being over. Others, including the manager, will most likely be gone when all is done.
That was the final straw... she came in with a horrible resume. Look up her tenure in South Carolina....

Look up "diversity hire" and you'll see her picture.
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

- Thomas Jefferson
caryking
BBW12OG said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

That was the final straw... she came in with a horrible resume. Look up her tenure in South Carolina....

Look up "diversity hire" and you'll see her picture.
Dang, Kenly is too small of a town to deal with this stuff... Can't we all just get along?
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
hokiewolf
Bell Tower Grey said:

Appreciate the extra context.
Bell Tower Grey
I have family living in the area; and, also have several friends that are from Kenly that I still keep in contact with on a regular basis.

I know her background. I also know two of the others involved. There is quite a bit going on that hasn't, and may never, come out. It's a sad and unfortunate situation all the way around.

Again, this is far from over.
packofwolves
Fwiw….interview with the police chief last night. It's only one side of the story.

Some of those write ups against him, if true, are petty complaints.
BBW12OG
Bell Tower Grey said:

I have family living in the area; and, also have several friends that are from Kenly that I still keep in contact on a regular basis.

I know her background. I also know two of the others involved. There is quite a bit going on that hasn't, and may never, come out. It's a sad and unfortunate situation all the way around.

Again, this is far from over.
I have family in a similar small town in central NC that elected a mayor of similar background. She won because people thought the mayor who had won for 50+ years would win as usual. Well, he didn't.

Keep in mind being a Mayor is nothing more than a "figurehead" position with little to no input other than possibly breaking a tie and chairing meetings. They can make suggestions but that's it.

In her first meeting with the board she asked, "When will the mayor be moving out the Mayor's residence so I can move in...." True story. She held a "congratulatory party", for herself as a fundraiser for her re-election campaign.... I could go on for hours on this but you get the gist.

After two years of hearing her badmouth the Police Department and every other group that didn't align with her absurd opinions and beliefs she lost in a landslide. Promptly began filing lawsuits....

Watch what happens here. I know she was hired and not elected so it's not apples to oranges. There is however one common denominator. The sense of entitlement that certain demographics have and if they don't get what they want it is because of some "-ism." FACT.
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

- Thomas Jefferson
wuffpack90
Bell Tower Grey said:

I don't think thats true, a sheriff deputy would serve eviction notice not a Kenly Police officer.
BBW12OG
wuffpack90 said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

I don't think thats true, a sheriff deputy would serve eviction notice not a Kenly Police officer.
It absolutely is true. In some small towns the towns actually own residences and low-income rental buildings. With small towns the County Sheriff Departments and Town cops/police work together and sometimes their duties overlap.

But, since you said it wasn't true why don't you enlighten us to why that didn't happen.

I know for a first hand FACT town cops in the town I grew up in serve eviction notices to the residents of an old Middle School that is owned by the Town and used as low-income housing. The rent is based on what they can pay but they still have to pay something. Some of the rents are less than $100 per month but they have to pay. If they don't pay they get notices and after 90 days they are served eviction notices by the town cops. FACT.

So to say that's not true without giving a basis for your claim seems "pissy."
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

- Thomas Jefferson
Bell Tower Grey
I stand by my statement.
caryking
I'm beginning to believe a complete collapse of society is around the corner..

Joe Biden
griff17matt
caryking said:

Kenly truly is the canary in the coal mine
caryking
griff17matt said:

caryking said:

Hey, Kenly is the beacon of America! Don't sell that town short…

Joe Biden
griff17matt
caryking said:

griff17matt said:

caryking said:

I live like 15 minutes from there. Trust, I know all about Kenly lol
packwest
BBW12OG said:

wuffpack90 said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

It absolutely is true. In some small towns the towns actually own residences and low-income rental buildings. With small towns the County Sheriff Departments and Town cops/police work together and sometimes their duties overlap.

But, since you said it wasn't true why don't you enlighten us to why that didn't happen.

I know for a first hand FACT town cops in the town I grew up in serve eviction notices to the residents of an old Middle School that is owned by the Town and used as low-income housing. The rent is based on what they can pay but they still have to pay something. Some of the rents are less than $100 per month but they have to pay. If they don't pay they get notices and after 90 days they are served eviction notices by the town cops. FACT.

BBW -- not disagreeing with some of the general points you've made, because they may be true, but the Kenly PD doesn't serve civil paperwork. That's JCSO. Incident may have occurred and been a separate issue between town manager and JSCO. Chief Gibson with Kenly PD is generally a good man and was well liked.
wolf howl
Read about this story yesterday and was not surprised. You've got many officers and other town employees resigning, many long time employees. In a small town like that you don't just quit a job you've had for decades without some pretty serious issues.

My hope is, the facts will be shared publicly and not covered up, whatever they may end up being.
caryking
griff17matt said:

caryking said:

griff17matt said:

caryking said:

Griff, the only thing I know about Kenly is: they have an auto auction... other than that, I'm just messing around.

Joe Biden
WarrenPeace
caryking said:

griff17matt said:

caryking said:

griff17matt said:

caryking said:

Griff, the only thing I know about Kenly is: they have an auto auction... other than that, I'm just messing around.

Damn fine truck stops.
packofwolves
Maybe Kenly should have done more homework when hiring for the position.

https://www.blythewoodonline.com/2017/05/richland-county-council-at-work/
griff17matt
caryking said:

griff17matt said:

caryking said:

griff17matt said:

caryking said:

I picked up what you were putting down.

Never been to the auto place but I know a ton of used car guys go there religiously. Kenly-95 truck stop is a once a week go-to with a family like mine. Not a ton going on but I prefer that.

Whoever hired this lady should for sure lose their job(s).
BBW12OG
packwest said:

BBW12OG said:

wuffpack90 said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

BBW -- not disagreeing with some of the general points you've made, because they may be true, but the Kenly PD doesn't serve civil paperwork. That's JCSO. Incident may have occurred and been a separate issue between town manager and JSCO. Chief Gibson with Kenly PD is generally a good man and was well liked.
No problem... I was just saying that the poster said "it didn't happen" doesn't know if it did or didn't.

I know each Town Police Department deals with situations differently and many make lemons out of lemonade. Hell, some of the Town Cops in the town I grew up in do everything from traffic stops, carrying groceries to cars for the elderly to serving warrants to acting as "temporary bailiffs" if the bailiff is running late tending to his chicken houses!! True story....

Small towns have to adapt and overcome. This $hi T bag of a human is nothing but a damn race baiting woke clown. Wonder what party she votes with????
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

- Thomas Jefferson
wolf howl
packofwolves said:

Her game is suing people for discrimination which, if she's fired by Kenley, will 100% happen here too.

Certainly agree whoever made the decision to hire her should be fired.
Tootie4Pack
wolf howl said:

packofwolves said:

Her game is suing people for discrimination which, if she's fired by Kenley, will 100% happen here too.

Since Kenly has the Council - Manager form of local government , the Kenly Town Council did the hiring. The Manager reports directly to the Council. The Council is supposed to leave the decision making process regarding Department Heads to the Manager, and And then the department heads are supposed to do the hiring and managing of the department so they are in charge of. With assistance from the human resources department when they go through the hiring process for other employees.
BBW12OG
wolf howl said:

packofwolves said:

She got to this point in her career for a few reasons:

• black female
  • somewhat "educated"
  • decent set of knee pads

Pretty sure she read "How To Get Ahead in Life" by Horizontal "Cackling Hyena" Harris....

I cleaned it up for fear of being banned.... LOL... it would have been a little crass but funny and true.
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

- Thomas Jefferson
hokiewolf
BBW12OG said:

wolf howl said:

packofwolves said:

She got to this point in her career for a few reasons:

• black female
  • somewhat "educated"
  • decent set of knee pads

Pretty sure she read "How To Get Ahead in Life" by Horizontal "Cackling Hyena" Harris....

I cleaned it up for fear of being banned.... LOL... it would have been a little crass but funny and true.
I somewhat agree with you here that after additional info, this person seems like a horrible person who shouldnt be a town manager, but where I disagree with you is that your post paints a broad brush with respect to black women in positions of authority that I don't think is fair.

Certainly black women like this lady exist in the world, as do all other types and men and women who are start as bad ambitious employees and work their way up through back channels to become bad ambitious managers that do not treat colleagues and subordinates with grace, dignity, and respect
Wolfer79
WPTF reports Town Manager's contract canceled last night (fired) and none of the officers that resigned will be rehired
Bell Tower Grey
Lot of recovery work to be done in Kenly administration now. Hopefully, wiser choices of folks with an understanding of the area and its' needs will be made. A lot of good for the town and general area could come from this if these things happen.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.