The Economy

16,053 Views | 257 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Werewolf
caryking
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I don't know if everyone has been keeping up with China…. They have 350M+ people in lockdown over there. A large percentage of these lockdowns are in and around the biggest ports in the world.

It appears, not only are we going to see another increase in inflation; we will also see a shortage of goods, in the coming months. I suggest we all start paying attention to this.

BTW, let's make this become the new thread for talking the economy and politics. Mods, allow us to prove we can be adults in our conversations…
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
WarrenPeace
Beck had a video on his show the other day of people in China in what is their Central Park just screaming and crying in starvation.
TheStorm
caryking said:

BTW, let's make this become the new thread for talking the economy and politics. Mods, allow us to prove we can be adults in our conversations…
LOL. I think you would probably be fine starting another "Biden Administration - Part 2" thread... I'm sure the reason that it was locked, was 100% about my smartass comment in the first post - and not the actual name of the thread itself.

Fortunately, we're past all that now.

GuerrillaPack
The inflation we are seeing is insane. Of course the gubbamint numbers are cooked and fake, but they are admitting it's the worst in at least 40 years. No way it's 9% or whatever they are saying. More like 15-20% per year now. We may soon be approaching hyperinflation, especially if the federal government continues to borrow like crazy. The cause of this extreme inflation is them increasing the national debt by almost $10 trillion over just the last couple years, to now over $30 trillion.

They've also slaughtered over 27 million chickens and turkeys in just the last few weeks in the U.S. over a "bird flu outbreak", which is probably as shady/suspect as the Wu Flu pLandemic. So, there's another reason to see even higher costs for food, and shortages.

Of course, all of this is by design. The goal of the NWO/communist rulers is to destroy the middle class, destroy the economy, and make us all an enslaved serf class. And eventually, they would like to starve us out, as they are doing to the Chinese people right now with those draconian lockdowns.

This is why it's wise to live out in the country and out of the big cities, where you are more outside of the control of a tyrannical government, and can grow your own food/livestock, etc.

"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
Steve Videtich
caryking said:

I don't know if everyone has been keeping up with China…. They have 350M+ people in lockdown over there. A large percentage of these lockdowns are in and around the biggest ports in the world.

It appears, not only are we going to see another increase in inflation; we will also see a shortage of goods, in the coming months. I suggest we all start paying attention to this.

Which is all the more reason to stop enabling China so much and empower the US to produce anything and everything that the future needs.

Everything this administration has done has backfired against the best interest of the US. Pretty sure a lot is intentional.
Glasswolf
Really people! Someone flagged every post? I'm starting to think someone is mixing up the like function and the flag function. Damn
hokiewolf
Those Kensington folks are starting to look really stupid instead of just stupid.
Originator of the Tony Adams Scale
Oldsouljer
Steve Videtich said:

caryking said:

Which is all the more reason to stop enabling China so much and empower the US to produce anything and everything that the future needs.

Everything this administration has done has backfired against the best interest of the US. Pretty sure a lot is intentional.
Depending on the communists for so much stuff including sensitives like pharmaceuticals was as stupid as the Eurotrash becoming addicted to Russian oil. Fed hasn't got the guts to do what the Russian central bank did a few weeks ago…..skyrocket interest rates to combat the Ruble's crash, and the dollar which is momentarily strong due to safe haven demand, will tank without those draconian rate hikes. They'll talk tough but without raising rates above 4% and my silver will go for $100/ounce next year.
Steve Videtich
Glasswolf said:

Really people! Someone flagged every post? I'm starting to think someone is mixing up the like function and the flag function. Damn

Can you temporarily change the function to see who's doing it?
caryking
Steve Videtich said:

Glasswolf said:

Also, if the board functionality allows, have the person that flagged it be identified. (Same as what Steve just posted) Also, I saw where you posted (Glass) someone flagged James' latest story on where we are…. This is crazy!

Actually, just remove the flag all together..

Joe Biden
Macumbe
Per the conversation of not relying on China, Russia, etc - has anyone thought of the idea of doing away with the federal corporate taxes - in an effort to grow manufacturing. I bring it up because many companies with a good accountants can work around loopholes, depreciation, etc to make these minimal anyway. (I'm not an accountant or a business major but have owned a small company) - so curious what others think?

If you look at South Carolina, the BMW plant has generated 3 to 5 'secondary' jobs outside of those actually working for BMW so SC investment has paid off greatly. So think that we should help make it easier for companies to manufacture in USA vs sending overseas. My opinion is a majority of the middle class were primarily made up of manufacturing based employees and those that support it.

I hear people complain about programs hurting the middle class - but really not much about how to grow it.
GuerrillaPack
Macumbe said:

Per the conversation of not relying on China, Russia, etc - has anyone thought of the idea of doing away with the federal corporate taxes - in an effort to grow manufacturing. I bring it up because many companies with a good accountants can work around loopholes, depreciation, etc to make these minimal anyway. (I'm not an accountant or a business major but have owned a small company) - so curious what others think?

If you look at South Carolina, the BMW plant has generated 3 to 5 'secondary' jobs outside of those actually working for BMW so SC investment has paid off greatly. So think that we should help make it easier for companies to manufacture in USA vs sending overseas. My opinion is a majority of the middle class were primarily made up of manufacturing based employees and those that support it.

I hear people complain about programs hurting the middle class - but really not much about how to grow it.
I support that. But even more so than that, income taxes on individuals should be abolished.

Are people aware that taxation on income is LITERALLY a Marxist/Communist invention? Read the 2nd plank of the Communist Manifesto. It reads that they want, "A heavy progressive or graduated income tax" (see here and scroll to the bottom of the page with the 10 planks numbered).

This amounts to a taxation on your wages, or your labor. What this means is that the government is saying it has the "right" to confiscate the work of your hands, and your time and energy and your work. This is pure evil. It's wicked.

And the true goal of communism is not to create some "utopia" where there is "social justice" by confiscating people's labor and work and "re-distributing the wealth". No. The true goal of Marxism is nefarious. Their real goal is to collapse the economy and ENSLAVE the masses. That's why they want private property ownership abolished. Their true aim is to create an impoverished class of serfs who are easy to control, and subjugate, and eventually "exterminate".

And, by the way, property taxes are also a Marxist-Communist invention. Read plank #1, which calls for "Abolition of property in land and application of all rents of land to public purposes." We don't truly own land. We just rent it. If you don't pay the rent ("property tax"), then the government confiscates your land. Because the government is the true owner.
"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
BBW12OG
caryking said:

Steve Videtich said:

Glasswolf said:

Also, if the board functionality allows, have the person that flagged it be identified. (Same as what Steve just posted) Also, I saw where you posted (Glass) someone flagged James' latest story on where we are…. This is crazy!

Actually, just remove the flag all together..
I for one think that the flag feature should have "flagged by" as well.

Pretty sure it wouldn't be hard to figure out who has a stick up their rear end and is doing all the flagging. Made it clear this weekend.

As far as the economy goes... Sleepy Joe and his band of merry idiots own it.
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
- Thomas Jefferson
Glasswolf
We are making suggestions to James.
Glasswolf
Someone is either being a smart ass or they've confused the like a post function with the flag a post function
hokiewolf
Glasswolf said:

Someone is either being a smart ass or they've confused the like a post function with the flag a post function
Hopefully it's the latter
Macumbe
IGP, thank you for the response, I can't intelligently respond about Marxism/communism...but my thought is that the more people working, the more income tax paid....if it's true 50% of workers essentially pay no taxes, then a goal would be to increase that percentage with jobs they'd make enough so they pay taxes...manufacturing would do that.
cowboypack02
Glasswolf said:

I'm not gonna lie Glass...I kinda wanted to flag this comment just to screw with you...

Sorry for the extra work buddy
cowboypack02
GuerrillaPack said:

Macumbe said:

I support that. But even more so than that, income taxes on individuals should be abolished.

Are people aware that taxation on income is LITERALLY a Marxist/Communist invention? Read the 2nd plank of the Communist Manifesto. It reads that they want, "A heavy progressive or graduated income tax" (see here and scroll to the bottom of the page with the 10 planks numbered).

This amounts to a taxation on your wages, or your labor. What this means is that the government is saying it has the "right" to confiscate the work of your hands, and your time and energy and your work. This is pure evil. It's wicked.

And the true goal of communism is not to create some "utopia" where there is "social justice" by confiscating people's labor and work and "re-distributing the wealth". No. The true goal of Marxism is nefarious. Their real goal is to collapse the economy and ENSLAVE the masses. That's why they want private property ownership abolished. Their true aim is to create an impoverished class of serfs who are easy to control, and subjugate, and eventually "exterminate".

And, by the way, property taxes are also a Marxist-Communist invention. Read plank #1, which calls for "Abolition of property in land and application of all rents of land to public purposes." We don't truly own land. We just rent it. If you don't pay the rent ("property tax"), then the government confiscates your land. Because the government is the true owner.
100% on both the corporate and individual income taxes.

I'm all for a consumption tax, even up to 10-15% on everything that you buy one time, but the recurring taxes like your income taxes, vehicle taxes, property, taxes and what not are just a joke.

Does that mean that there will be less money for the government, absolutely. With that being the case the government should shrink their spending to match.

Like GP said I shouldn't go out and spend 500K on a house, pay taxes on all of the material and labor, and then turn around and have to pay the government for the privilege of living there every year as well. I'm building in Perquimans County and after i finish building i'm going to need to pay .62% of the value of the home yearly to be able to live there. That ain't right.
Glasswolf
cowboypack02 said:

Glasswolf said:

I'm not gonna lie Glass...I kinda wanted to flag this comment just to screw with you...

Sorry for the extra work buddy
It's fine. Someone has already taken up that task lol
caryking
cowboypack02 said:

GuerrillaPack said:

Macumbe said:

100% on both the corporate and individual income taxes.

I'm all for a consumption tax, even up to 10-15% on everything that you buy one time, but the recurring taxes like your income taxes, vehicle taxes, property, taxes and what not are just a joke.

Does that mean that there will be less money for the government, absolutely. With that being the case the government should shrink their spending to match.

Like GP said I shouldn't go out and spend 500K on a house, pay taxes on all of the material and labor, and then turn around and have to pay the government for the privilege of living there every year as well. I'm building in Perquimans County and after i finish building i'm going to need to pay .62% of the value of the home yearly to be able to live there. That ain't right.

Property taxes are the most unamerican idea in out country's history. Think about this, personal property is one of the foundations of our founding. Taxing property essentially says "you never own your property". If you don't pay your property taxes, what will the government do?

Dang GP, I should have read your entire post…

Joe Biden
GuerrillaPack
cowboypack02 said:

I shouldn't go out and spend 500K on a house, pay taxes on all of the material and labor, and then turn around and have to pay the government for the privilege of living there every year as well. I'm building in Perquimans County and after i finish building i'm going to need to pay .62% of the value of the home yearly to be able to live there. That ain't right.
Absolutely. Think about elderly retired people. They've worked all their life, and finally think they can just kick back and relax. Say they live in a $400,000 house (the U.S. median price). If the property tax is 1.5%, then they have to come up with $6,000 per year just for the "privilege" of the government allowing them to continue to live in their house, and if it's not paid the government will confiscate their home. It's wrong to do it to anyone...but it's more apparent when highlighting how it affects the retired.

Property tax, like the income tax, is just a way for our Marxist-run government to confiscate the wealth of the people. It's THEFT. Pure and simple. It's wealth confiscation, and then siphoning off that wealth to whomever the government wants. And in our case, most of it is going to pay the interest on the national debt to a cabal of international bankers who own the Federal Reserve system. The Federal Reserve is a private banking system -- privately-owned. This is the top of the hierarchy of elites who own and control our nation.

mrcpack17
Property taxes fund roads, schools, law enforcement, fire depts., etc.

Look, I don't like paying them either but let's not go on acting like Uncle Sam isn't turning around and using that money on things we like and depend on. Is there waste? Of course. But to nix property taxes would cause a whole host of infrastructure issues. Unless you guys don't like that stuff, which I guess some of you ultra libertarians probably actually don't like that stuff.
GuerrillaPack
mrcpack17 said:

Look, I don't like paying them either but let's not go on acting like Uncle Sam isn't turning around and using that money on things we like and depend on. Is there waste? Of course. But to nix property taxes would cause a whole host of infrastructure issues. Unless you guys don't like that stuff, which I guess some of you ultra libertarians probably actually don't like that stuff.
Public schools...another Marxist creation right out of the Communist Manifesto. It's plank #10, and reads "Free education for all children in public schools." (see all 10 planks at bottom of page here).

We had a totally private education system in the United States prior to the introduction of public schools in the latter part of the 19th century (due to Marxist influence). And we functioned just fine. In fact, private high schools and universities are superior in quality to the government-run schools. We also had a totally private health care system in this nation at one time, which was superior to the system once the government got involved.

The government should not be involved in most of the things it is, which would drastically lower the amount of money needed to fund it. Also, for the funding that is needed, you don't need it to be taxes on our labor and our property. There are other types of taxes. We have the right to the fruits of our work and labor, and the right to our property. The government does not have the "right" to destroy our wealth and confiscate our property.

How about coming up with other things to tax, instead of our right to our labor and property? How about taxing and confiscating the property of illegal aliens? How about taxing criminals, or tariffs and taxing certain imports of goods into the country?

Do you realize that we functioned as a nation for well over 100 years without property taxes or income taxes? How did we do it? For one, we had a MUCH MUCH smaller government. And two, they funded the government via other sources -- such as tarrifs and other types of taxes, which are explicitly mentioned in the Constitution as means to fund the federal government.

The fundamental concept here should be that people only have to pay for their own stuff, and stuff that they use. Have toll roads, where only people who use the roads pay for them. It is immoral and unjust to tax people and confiscate their wealth, to pay for other people's stuff (eg, health care, schooling, welfare checks, etc). That is theft.
cowboypack02
mrcpack17 said:

I'm not saying that we shouldn't pay taxes. I'm saying there should be a 1 time cost when I buy something and then that be it for that.

Lets use my 500K house as an example. A 10% tax on that house is 50K. Let me pay that one time and then be done for it instead of bleeding me dry until the day I die. After that I should be able to pass it down to my kids without them having to pay some kind of estate tax on that because i've already bought it. Instead i'll pay 4-5 K a year for the rest of my life for something i've already paid. It ain't right.

caryking
GP, I 100% agree with your post. MRCPack, I don't think anyone is saying a tax isn't needed. Actually, we all know the Federal and State constitutions allows for collecting taxes on certain powers they have; so, collecting taxes and GP's point on property can mutually exist.

I think our property tax is with out county, correct?

Joe Biden
Macumbe
My original point was that I think gov't should do whatever it must do to get companies to bring manufacturing back....then collect taxes on the wages of more people working & higher incomes. Hopefully, if more people pay taxes, then each person's tax rate should go down...not to mention people also getting off the gov't handouts.
cowboypack02
Macumbe said:

My original point was that I think gov't should do whatever it must do to get companies to bring manufacturing back....then collect taxes on the wages of more people working & higher incomes. Hopefully, if more people pay taxes, then each person's tax rate should go down...not to mention people also getting off the gov't handouts.
Unfortunately that isn't the way that it works. If the government collects more in taxes they're just going to spend more, not cut the tax rates. In fact you'll have politicians saying that the taxes need to be higher
Packchem91
Glasswolf said:

I'd bet lots of $$ it's someone who has been whining about the flags and the policing of the sites, trying to make it a pain in the butt of the mods
PackFansXL
Macumbe said:

Your point is sound. I will have to do some research to find the article, but National Review had a piece last year showing corporate taxes are paid by the employees in lost wage growth, customers in higher prices, and stock holders. In general, it's the little people who get squeezed by Democrats' insistence on demonizing corporate profits.
Packchem91
Steve Videtich said:

caryking said:

What is preventing anyone from starting up a chips plant and striking deals with the auto manufacturers (and appliance manufacturers if you've tried to buy those lately) now?

Glasswolf
Packchem91 said:

Glasswolf said:

I'd bet lots of $$ it's someone who has been whining about the flags and the policing of the sites, trying to make it a pain in the butt of the mods
No, the guilty party confessed. It's all good though
PackFansXL
Packchem91 said:

Steve Videtich said:

caryking said:

What is preventing anyone from starting up a chips plant and striking deals with the auto manufacturers (and appliance manufacturers if you've tried to buy those lately) now?
down has proven their instincts correct. They are spending Carl Sagan money on new fabs as we speak.
If you are referring to semiconductors, nothing except time. Here in Texas, we have several massive new fabs under construction. TI was one of the last to cede manufacturing to TSMC. This chip slowdown has proven their instincts correct. They are spending Carl Sagan money on new fabs as we speak.
hokiewolf
cowboypack02 said:

Macumbe said:

Unfortunately that isn't the way that it works. If the government collects more in taxes they're just going to spend more, not cut the tax rates. In fact you'll have politicians saying that the taxes need to be higher
agree there is a spending problem not a tax revenue problem in this country federally.
caryking
cowboypack02 said:

Macumbe said:

Outside of 2020 including this year…. The federal government has receipts of more money than it ever has. This is not a revenue problem, this is a spending problem!!!

Joe Biden

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.