Parents Defending Education Reveals Latest Progressive Tactics

5,084 Views | 75 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Steve Videtich
PackFansXL
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Parents Defending Education

Quote:

Parents from West Hartford contacted us at Parents Defending Education because of concern over the district's focus on group identities in grades K through 5, including transgender content in kindergarten. The standards and mentor texts are in the document below:

One parent said, "I am troubled by When Aidan Became a Brother (4th grade) which is full on gender theory, that the sex you're assigned at birth is "wrong" and you're actually a boy. This is being presented as factual to very young children."

Parents also report that they have been told by district officials that they are not allowed to opt out of this curriculum.
This is a national organization of parents who are concerned about the radical agenda forced on their children in public school systems across the country. You can read their comments and see the materials used.
PackFansXL
https://www.nationalreview.com/news/schools-push-radical-gender-ideology-under-guise-of-social-emotional-learning-parents-warn/

Quote:

A life-long Democrat, Spiegel joined the fray over the school reopening issue. Her activism grew after her son started complaining about the weekly social-justice-heavy SEL lessons, curated by each individual teacher and administered to high-schoolers county-wide. One question on a quiz caught her eye: "How do you feel when you see two men kissing?" she said it read, paraphrasing. The choices were "A.) Aggressive, B.) Passive aggressive, C.) Neutral, or D.) None of the above," she said.

Given that the district never explained the purpose of the SEL lessons, Spiegel and many of her fellow moms felt like the lessons were either a waste of their kids' precious instruction time or a manipulative tactic to diagnose a bigotry problem in the schools that didn't exist.
Quote:

An HCPSS teacher and parent told National Review that she pulled one of her kids out of the school system and put the child into Catholic private school, even though she still teaches in the district, "because we didn't want to put her through this."

Corroborating Spiegel and Kim's account, the teacher said that her daughter "basically didn't have math for a year." And when she did, her daughter's teacher took 20 minutes of the 45-minute class period to talk about Black Lives Matter "almost every single day," coinciding with the racial riots in the wake of George Floyd's murder in the summer of 2020.

Her daughter would ask her teacher, facetiously, "Isn't this algebra class?" and the social-justice tangents would stop for a day or two, but then start back up again, she said.

At one point her daughter's teacher told the students they'd have to skip an important unit of algebra because they "didn't have time," she added. Similarly, her son attended cell meetings every week to discuss white privilege, being an ally to the gay community, and the like, she claims.

"CRT-lite is what I would call it. It's not high-level academic but it's watered-down CRT," she said.
School choice may be the only solution parents will have. Even Democrats are embracing school choice.
Steve Videtich
I would love to know if these things are being taught in the private schools that these elites are sending their kids to.
FlossyDFlynt
For the life of me, I cannot understand the democrats current stance with education. The whole "dont say gay" narrative in Florida is one of the biggest examples of gaslighting I have seen in a long time. They were already going to struggle in November, but if they go all in here, they are going to get wiped out across the board
Steve Videtich
FlossyDFlynt said:

For the life of me, I cannot understand the democrats current stance with education. The whole "dont say gay" narrative in Florida is one of the biggest examples of gaslighting I have seen in a long time. They were already going to struggle in November, but if they go all in here, they are going to get wiped out across the board

Feels like the extreme left is resigned to that fact and is trying to get as much through in the next 9 months as possible.
hokiewolf
Steve Videtich said:

I would love to know if these things are being taught in the private schools that these elites are sending their kids to.
Actually yes! There are a lot of articles out there about parents revolting at NYC elite private schools because of curriculum like this.
Steve Videtich
hokiewolf said:

Steve Videtich said:

Actually yes! There are a lot of articles out there about parents revolting at NYC elite private schools because of curriculum like this.

Good, then it's not just a public school issue. Surprised that the NYC elite are upset by it.
cowboypack02
Steve Videtich said:

hokiewolf said:

Steve Videtich said:

Good, then it's not just a public school issue. Surprised that the NYC elite are upset by it.
Because those NYC elite folks know that your cant actually be successful in the world if you focus on the social justice stuff and not on things like science, math, history, and other such subjects.
hokiewolf
Steve Videtich said:

hokiewolf said:

Steve Videtich said:

Partially agree with Cowboy's post above, but also this is what happens when half-baked academia ideas get introduced into the main stream. That's really the issue to me with these social justice initiatives.
Steve Videtich
cowboypack02 said:

Steve Videtich said:

hokiewolf said:

Steve Videtich said:

Because those NYC elite folks know that your cant actually be successful in the world if you focus on the social justice stuff and not on things like science, math, history, and other such subjects.

That was my thought. I figured they would be teaching their kids economics and how to run a business. If things like this continue, school choice is going to be a big hot button.
cowboypack02
Steve Videtich said:

cowboypack02 said:

Steve Videtich said:

hokiewolf said:

Steve Videtich said:

That was thought. I figured they would be teaching their kids economics and how to run a business. If things like this continue, school choice is going to be a big hot button.
If most schools are focused on this I think you'll see a huge surge in parents wanting to use the money that governments are now using for schools to fund home schooling instead.

North Carolina spends about 9100 per year on a kid in school. You telling me that I can't take that 9100 and find a teacher that is willing to tutor my child for that? I would go even further...if this would happen your going to have teachers through the elementary grades teach 10-20 kids and pocket that 90K a year and for courses that are more specialized a couple of teachers can each get together to teach 30-40 kids with each one having their own subject.

Teachers complaining about the pay scale here in NC would probably hop all over that

Steve Videtich
cowboypack02 said:

Steve Videtich said:

cowboypack02 said:

Steve Videtich said:

hokiewolf said:

Steve Videtich said:

That was thought. I figured they would be teaching their kids economics and how to run a business. If things like this continue, school choice is going to be a big hot button.
If most schools are focused on this I think you'll see a huge surge in parents wanting to use the money that governments are now using for schools to fund home schooling instead.

North Carolina spends about 9100 per year on a kid in school. You telling me that I can't take that 9100 and find a teacher that is willing to tutor my child for that? I would go even further...if this would happen your going to have teachers through the elementary grades teach 10-20 kids and pocket that 90K a year and for courses that are more specialized a couple of teachers can each get together to teach 30-40 kids with each one having their own subject.

Teachers complaining about the pay scale here in NC would probably hop all over that

Interesting thought! I'll have to ask my wife her thoughts on something like that.
Packchem91
FlossyDFlynt said:

This is why I've been arguing the last 2 years, as frustrating as it is that Biden/Dems were in charge, and despite the fact half the country was worn out from Trump.....America's government system is the best in the world. By far.

Self-correcting. The Dems had narrow control, helped by a huge influx of moderates who switched over to "elect the lesser of two evils", and then went rogue left. So now, America reacts, and it will swing back the other way.

I know some here will disagree -- strongly -- but I pray it stays more moderate, and not swinging too far one way or the other. Both of the "others" are equally dangerous, IMO.

Going too far to push an agenda in the schools that most Americans just don't want, and demonstrating that you don't care, you're going to do it anyway....you deserve to lose.
cowboypack02
Packchem91 said:

FlossyDFlynt said:

This is why I've been arguing the last 2 years, as frustrating as it is that Biden/Dems were in charge, and despite the fact half the country was worn out from Trump.....America's government system is the best in the world. By far.

Self-correcting. The Dems had narrow control, helped by a huge influx of moderates who switched over to "elect the lesser of two evils", and then went rogue left. So now, America reacts, and it will swing back the other way.

I know some here will disagree -- strongly -- but I pray it stays more moderate, and not swinging too far one way or the other. Both of the "others" are equally dangerous, IMO.

Going too far to push an agenda in the schools that most Americans just don't want, and demonstrating that you don't care, you're going to do it anyway....you deserve to lose.
I agree with you Chem. Our governance is like a pendulum, as long as it stayed in the middle then you didn't get wild swings one way or another. Unfortunately we have started getting extreme swings one way or another. I think we went pretty far left under Obama, then it swung just as far right with Trump, and now we've got a bit further left with Biden than we did with Obama.

Unfortunately when this happens the moderate members of your political spectrum tend to get pushed one way or another and the extremes stand out more. This also happens when the media starts picking winners and losers like they have been doing

Obama preached hope and change, and with that he pulled in tons of people to vote for him. During his presidency we went towards things like the Paris Climate accords, Dreamers, larger amounts of illegal immigrants being allowed in, and more money being pushed towards more left leaning causes. Of course you also had the media being left and holding up more of the leftist ideals and demonizing folks on the right.

From that we got Trump, who took what the media was doing and rode that to an victory in 2016. Trump worked to undo everything that Obama did, and since we no longer use the legislative branch of our government for what its supposed to be used for he could do that. If things like the dreamers act, the Iran deal, and the Paris climate accords had been passed through the legislature as they should of then you wouldn't of had this swing. From there Trump started pushing his agenda, which was very much right leaning, and the media villainized him for it. Unfortunately for the country Trump could point to the media and say that everyone was out to get him and his followers, and you know, he wasn't entirely incorrect. All this did was to push folks who supported Trump further right.

Now we have Biden, and then pendulum has swung back further left than it had with Obama. Instead of using congress like it should be, Biden has continued the tradition of ruling (and I mean that) by executive fiat. Unfortunately for Biden and the democrats, even though the presidency swung back left, the changes in actual legislative body didn't change that much with the democrats losing seats in the House and only picking up 2 in the Senate. This means that when we start to get the swing back in November because of how hard the democrats have been pushing left it's going to swing really far right.

I think the challenge is going to come when the swing goes one way, and then it doesn't come back far enough to balance things out. With the middle starting to disappear its bound to happen sooner instead of later (almost happened in 2020). I happen to think it's going to go to the right and not come back, but that's just my line of thinking. What happens when the republicans win in November and then carry the white house in 2024? I can predict it...voting changes such as a national ID to vote and court changes to keep the democrats from changing voting laws at the last moment. From there then what? What happens if democrats no longer think that its possible for them to win at the ballot box...same if the swing stays on the left? That won't end pretty...
Steve Videtich
cowboypack02 said:

Packchem91 said:

FlossyDFlynt said:

I agree with you Chem. Our governance is like a pendulum, as long as it stayed in the middle then you didn't get wild swings one way or another. Unfortunately we have started getting extreme swings one way or another. I think we went pretty far left under Obama, then it swung just as far right with Trump, and now we've got a bit further left with Biden than we did with Obama.

Unfortunately when this happens the moderate members of your political spectrum tend to get pushed one way or another and the extremes stand out more. This also happens when the media starts picking winners and losers like they have been doing

Obama preached hope and change, and with that he pulled in tons of people to vote for him. During his presidency we went towards things like the Paris Climate accords, Dreamers, larger amounts of illegal immigrants being allowed in, and more money being pushed towards more left leaning causes. Of course you also had the media being left and holding up more of the leftist ideals and demonizing folks on the right.

From that we got Trump, who took what the media was doing and rode that to an victory in 2016. Trump worked to undo everything that Obama did, and since we no longer use the legislative branch of our government for what its supposed to be used for he could do that. If things like the dreamers act, the Iran deal, and the Paris climate accords had been passed through the legislature as they should of then you wouldn't of had this swing. From there Trump started pushing his agenda, which was very much right leaning, and the media villainized him for it. Unfortunately for the country Trump could point to the media and say that everyone was out to get him and his followers, and you know, he wasn't entirely incorrect. All this did was to push folks who supported Trump further right.

Now we have Biden, and then pendulum has swung back further left than it had with Obama. Instead of using congress like it should be, Biden has continued the tradition of ruling (and I mean that) by executive fiat. Unfortunately for Biden and the democrats, even though the presidency swung back left, the changes in actual legislative body didn't change that much with the democrats losing seats in the House and only picking up 2 in the Senate. This means that when we start to get the swing back in November because of how hard the democrats have been pushing left it's going to swing really far right.

I think the challenge is going to come when the swing goes one way, and then it doesn't come back far enough to balance things out. With the middle starting to disappear its bound to happen sooner instead of later (almost happened in 2020). I happen to think it's going to go to the right and not come back, but that's just my line of thinking. What happens when the republicans win in November and then carry the white house in 2024? I can predict it...voting changes such as a national ID to vote and court changes to keep the democrats from changing voting laws at the last moment. From there then what? What happens if democrats no longer think that its possible for them to win at the ballot box...same if the swing stays on the left? That won't end pretty...

This is a sincere question. What is considered a far right agenda? Anyone can answer, I don't care. I would just like to hear thoughts on this. Thanks in advance!
cowboypack02
Steve Videtich said:

cowboypack02 said:

Packchem91 said:

FlossyDFlynt said:

This is a sincere question. What is considered a far right agenda? Anyone can answer, I don't care. I would just like to hear thoughts on this. Thanks in advance!

I probably should of stated better what I meant. When I say far right I think about things like lower taxes and energy independence. When I think about the left wing agenda CRT, higher taxes, and open borders come to mind
hokiewolf
The America First agenda
Steve Videtich
hokiewolf said:

The America First agenda

Okay, you can't just say America First agenda. That's the lazy way out. What do you consider far right, specifically?
bigeric
September 17, 1787.
(I'm a little to the right here).
Like I said, if you cant get hyped for the Carolina game, why are you here?
-Earl Wolff-
Steve Videtich

"I probably should of stated better what I meant. When I say far right I think about things like lower taxes and energy independence. When I think about the left wing agenda CRT, higher taxes, and open borders come to mind"

Okay, so lower taxes and energy independence are far right agendas?
Steve Videtich
bigeric said:

September 17, 1787.
(I'm a little to the right here).

Lol
cowboypack02
Steve Videtich said:

"I probably should of stated better what I meant. When I say far right I think about things like lower taxes and energy independence. When I think about the left wing agenda CRT, higher taxes, and open borders come to mind"

That's what they tell me...
Steve Videtich
cowboypack02 said:

Steve Videtich said:

That's what they tell me...

When I think of far right or far left agendas, I think of things that are mostly in the minority of opinions and the majority view as troublesome for our country. But, I guess even that is up for debate.
hokiewolf
Steve Videtich said:

hokiewolf said:

The America First agenda

Okay, you can't just say America First agenda. That's the lazy way out. What do you consider far right, specifically?
the nationalist and populist stances that have crept into the Republican Party, the persons or groups who hold extreme nationalist, xenophobic, racist, religious fundamentalist, or other reactionary views.

For which btw, I dont include anyone here in that definition
Steve Videtich
hokiewolf said:

Steve Videtich said:

hokiewolf said:

The America First agenda

the nationalist and populist stances that have crept into the Republican Party, the persons or groups who hold extreme nationalist, xenophobic, racist, religious fundamentalist, or other reactionary views.

I don't disagree with that. I just feel a lot of that is propaganda by the left and the media. Yes, it does exist though. All the same, there's a certain level that goes the other way as well. I think it's just made worse by the media being involved in the propaganda against the right.
hokiewolf
Steve Videtich said:

hokiewolf said:

Steve Videtich said:

hokiewolf said:

The America First agenda

I don't disagree with that. I just feel a lot of that is propaganda by the left and the media. Yes, it does exist though. All the same, there's a certain level that goes the other way as well. I think it's just made worse by the media being involved in the propaganda against the right.
Agree, I think both sides are broad side defined by the extremes, with the extreme on the left driving a better narrative with the help of the media.
PackFansXL
https://www.nationalreview.com/news/a-moms-fight-to-save-her-daughter-from-trans-orthodoxy-at-school/
Quote:

Theresa remembers the rage in her daughter's eyes.

The twelve-year-old insisted she was now a boy. Her new name was Leo. Her mother, not ready to accept this, was a "transphobe," and that is why everybody hated her.

Theresa's daughter had a history of anxiety and depression, but this was new. It was just weeks earlier, in mid-December 2020, that she first told her mom she no longer felt like a girl. Counselors at the local mental-health facility affirmed her feelings, and they urged Theresa and her husband to identify their daughter by her new name and pronouns.

Leaders of her daughter's middle school told Theresa that while they couldn't change her daughter's name and gender in official records, they would refer to her as a boy and by her new chosen name, Leo, if that's what her daughter wanted. "We're an advocate for the child and not the parent," they told her, Theresa recalled. To Theresa, the school-district leaders were usurping her and her husband's rights as parents.

Theresa and her husband sued the school district last year, alleging that district leaders had violated their constitutional rights as parents. The lawsuit, filed by the Wisconsin Institute for Law & Liberty and the national Alliance Defending Freedom (ADF), is one of a growing number of legal challenges popping up across the country pushing back on school districts with policies that shut parents out from decisions regarding kids' gender identification at school. Similar lawsuits are being brought in states including California, Florida, Maryland, and Virginia.

To progressive trans advocates, not immediately affirming a child's new gender identity is a form of abuse. Earlier this year, teachers in Eau Claire, Wisc., were instructed by "diversity" staffers from a local college to hide their students' changing gender identities from their parents on the grounds that "parents are not entitled to know," and that it is "knowledge that must be earned," according to leaked training documents.

"I told her, 'I'm not telling you that you can't be transgender. I'm not telling you that you can't be a boy. I'm telling you that you can't change your name and your gender right now,'" she said. "You have a lot of underlying issues that need to be addressed before you make the decision that you were born in the wrong body. I understand that all these people around you are appeasing you and giving you want you want, and I'm not doing that, and that makes you angry. But I am your best friend. I am looking out for your best interest."

Her daughter just seemed to grow angrier.

Theresa said she was told that if the school district didn't identify her daughter by the name and pronouns of her choice, they could be accused of discrimination because of new Biden-administration executive orders about gender and sex.

Theresa never sent her daughter back to that school. She considered parochial school, but her daughter balked, fearing she would be "damned to hell" because she now identified as a lesbian.

Theresa didn't send her daughter back to her Rogers therapist after her month of outpatient care ended. She took away her daughter's access to social media. And after a couple of weeks, she said, her daughter's demeanor began to revert back to where it was before.

One day, Theresa said, she came home and found her daughter in the kitchen talking with her dad. "She was like, 'You know, Mom, I'm really sorry. Affirmative care really messed me up. They really made me hate you and Grandma. I know that you love me, and you just want what's best for me,'" Theresa said. "She's just a completely different kid."

Theresa said her daughter now sees a therapist they vetted well. They work well together, and her daughter is doing better. The family bought a new home in another school district, and her daughter is going to school there. She said her daughter no longer identifies as a lesbian or a boy, though she would be free to do so in her new school.
Thankfully, this mother took a cautious approach and requested outside expertise who could thoroughly evaluate her daughter before too much affirmative therapy was applied to her case. As of article publication, we have a more normative result and the family, including the daughter, seems happy.
PackFansXL
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/spencerbrown/2022/04/13/atlanta-public-schools-doubling-down-on-stacey-abrams-election-indoctrination-n2605813

Quote:

As Townhall reported previously, an organization launched by failed Georgia gubernatorial candidate Stacey Abrams was involved in Atlanta Public Schools' election curriculum that taught a slanted version of reality aimed at demonizing election security laws that enjoy majority support among Americans even Democrats.

Loeffler continued, criticizing the district: "The truth is, Atlanta Public Schools are not interested in civics, or basic voter registration. Instead, they are working with the liberal New Georgia Project to indoctrinate and transform students into progressive activists."

That's not hyperbole, either. As a 2021 profile in Fast Company reveals, the New Georgia Project is just woke activists marauding as civic leaders. The piece talks about how NGP will "hire drag queens to come out and perform on election day," believes "voter suppression is the number one priority for the Republican Party," and wants to convert voters into "members, activists, and organizers who show up with us on our campaigns" that all run in one partisan direction.
PackBacker07
Who/what are "the elites?"
Y'all means ALL.
Steve Videtich
PackBacker07 said:

Who/what are "the elites?"

It took me a minute to find the post you were referring to. When I say elites, I usually mean the long term establishment politicians that have been in politics for a long time, and have become extremely wealthy during that time.

In this case it's those folks, plus non politician wealthy, that are vocally pushing for public schools to just accept all of the hot button topics debated these days.

Threw me off. That was a couple weeks ago. Lol
PackBacker07
Yes, sorry lol. I don't venture into this spluge zone very often. So in your definition, would this be all politicians who have held "life long" appointments, or similar? Political affiliations be damned?
Y'all means ALL.
Steve Videtich
PackBacker07 said:

Yes, sorry lol. I don't venture into this spluge zone very often. So in your definition, would this be all politicians who have held "life long" appointments, or similar? Political affiliations be damned?

Yes
caryking
Steve Videtich said:

PackBacker07 said:

Yes
Packbacker, I am with Steve on this. This is not party exclusive at all. At one point, people would refer to these people as the "Deep State". I think a better name is "Administrative State" because they are up in your grill with it now.

Example: both Bill Barr and Chris Wray said the 2020 election was the safest election in history (or completely safe and fair). Now, the statement may be true; so, please provide us with the analysis that was done to have them come to the conclusion. I've gotten to the point where I don't trust anything these people say, so, please provide how they came to this conclusion.

Another example of Barr: in his latest Book (I paraphrase), he said that the media should be shamed for not making the Hunter Biden laptop a real issue when it came forward. The problem with that is he had a copy of the hard drive all the way back late 2019.

If people like Hokie (in which we know he voted for Trump) would have seen Trump fire more of these type of people and/or never brought them into his administration, they may have a different opinion. BTW, I'm not a Trump apologist as I have made it clear where I have issues with his policies.

Also, I have heard many people say: not Trump, give me DeSantes…. Folks, Desantes is in peoples face as much as Trump ever did. He is a no none-sense personality. That personality will be attacked as being very dogmatic real quick. Just look at the questions being asked on the Disney action!
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
PackFansXL
So far, DeSantis has handled himself well while being under attack by Progressive media for over a year. They identified him as the clear candidate to crush and have campaigned against his every move. Soon he will have to deal with Trump. The only question is how ugly that will get.
BBW12OG
PackFansXL said:

So far, DeSantis has handled himself well while being under attack by Progressive media for over a year. They identified him as the clear candidate to crush and have campaigned against his every move. Soon he will have to deal with Trump. The only question is how ugly that will get.
Ideally President Trump becomes the "ad hoc spokesman" for candidates that need/want him and he continues to fund raise for the GOP.

Trump/DeSantis 2024 would crush Sleepy Joe/Legs Up "Cackling Hyena" Harris
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
- Thomas Jefferson
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.