Accident at Siler City Burger Joint Kills 1, Injures Several

1,322 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Bell Tower Grey
Bell Tower Grey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Johnson's is a cheeseburger institution in Siler City. Velveeta laden burgers. They only grind and cook a certain amout of meat each day. When it's gone, they close. This is a terrible thing to happen

https://abc11.com/johnsons-drive-in-siler-city-crash-into-building-car/11100020/
Tootie4Pack
Bell Tower Grey said:

Johnson's is a cheeseburger institution in Siler City. Velveeta laden burgers. They only grind and cook a certain amout of meat each day. When it's gone, they close. This is a terrible thing to happen

https://abc11.com/johnsons-drive-in-siler-city-crash-into-building-car/11100020/

Yes it is. Great folks who've been cooking them the same way for decades.
ncsupack1
Sad. Never been but sad to hear.
TheStorm
What's even crazier to read is that the dining room is still closed due to the pandemic...
griff17matt
TheStorm said:

What's even crazier to read is that the dining room is still closed due to the pandemic...

Really? That's crazier than a car crashing into a building and killing someone? Some of you people, I swear...
hokiewolf
griff17matt said:

TheStorm said:

Really? That's crazier than a car crashing into a building and killing someone? Some of you people, I swear...
I'm not sure the pandemic is the continued reason the dining room is closed. For sure the building is paid for, and I think the owners may have stumbled on a better operating model and just decided to roll with that.
Originator of the Tony Adams Scale
Bell Tower Grey
hokiewolf said:

griff17matt said:

TheStorm said:

I'm not sure the pandemic is the continued reason the dining room is closed. For sure the building is paid for, and I think the owners may have stumbled on a better operating model and just decided to roll with that.
Please don't drag the covid fight into this; it really has gotten past old.

The owner said they really didn't have room for the social distancing that was required. If you've ever been there you'd understand. It's a galley style place - counter with maybe 10 - 12 stools, and behind that 3 - 4 booths. Because of the style, they've always done a good call in / walk up trade, so it's no surprise this model is working for them now.

Again, I hate it for all involved. Very sad.
TheStorm
hokiewolf said:

griff17matt said:

TheStorm said:

^ Hey, I'm just quoting the article and that's exactly what it said.

^^ Don't be so dramatic. Stuff like that is in the news all the time and nowhere did I infer that I didn't care that someone got killed... Some of you people and your faux outrage, I swear...
Packchem91
Bell Tower Grey said:

Terribly sad.
I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often. I was at home/garden store this morning, and when I pulled in, a group of folks were helping pull an elderly lady out of the drivers seat -- where she had somehow plowed her SUV up over a curb, thru shrubs, and over an aluminum fence on the border of the business.
Fortunately, no one was out shopping for the pottery where she ended up.

She was fine, just very embarrassed, just made a mistake and hit the wrong pedal, I suppose.
Packchem91
hokiewolf said:

griff17matt said:

TheStorm said:

The "Chic-Fil-A" Way! All the businesses that knew (or quickly learned) how to do a drive-thru / take out model have done well!
CLTWolf
Been going to Johnson's since I was little with my dad. I always try to work in a stop there on the way to a game or some other reason to go to Raleigh. My wife even tries to recreate the Johnson goodness bc she knows I love'em so much.

It's tighter than a ticks ass in there and would be extremely hard to put any distance between customers and have more than just a handful at a time. The takeout model is definitely a better option for them, IMO. Plus, the regulars love to just sit and BS and take up space.
*Wolfpack Baseball - 2021 *NCAA COLLEGE WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!
*Congrats to the 10 win 2021 Wolfpack football team!
Bell Tower Grey
Updated. SUV driver charged. Looking at his mug shot, he seems pretty content with himself, despite being bandaged up.

https://www.cbs17.com/news/local-news/driver-charged-in-wreck-that-killed-1-injured-3-at-restaurant-in-siler-city/
Bell Tower Grey
Wake County pastor was victim

https://www.cbs17.com/news/local-news/wake-county-news/wake-county-pastor-idd-as-man-killed-when-car-plowed-into-siler-city-burger-joint/
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.