60 Minutes - FDNY on 9/11

735 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Packchem91
Packchem91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Some of you may not be fans of 60 Minutes....but if you get a chance, watch the episode from tonight on the FDNY on 9/11. Moving. Emotional. Powerful. Gut wrenching. And honor-filled, for those men and women who pursued helping others even though they knew it was likely they could die.

Also, I thought the NFL did a really nice job today with its remembrance of 9/11 and 9/12. Also powerful. Voiced over by Steve Buscemi, who was a NYFD member. National anthem at all the 1pm games sung by a daughter of one killed that day. Moving stuff.

hokiewolf
I occasionally watch the 9/11 documentary by Gedeon and Jules Nadet around the anniversary. Powerful stuff and shows the bravery of those who entered the towers that day knowing that they weren't going to make it back out.
Steve Williams
Staff
Watched 60 minutes last night. Incredible. Can't say enough about the bravery those men showed.
packwest
Packchem91 said:

Some of you may not be fans of 60 Minutes....but if you get a chance, watch the episode from tonight on the FDNY on 9/11. Moving. Emotional. Powerful. Gut wrenching. And honor-filled, for those men and women who pursued helping others even though they knew it was likely they could die.

Also, I thought the NFL did a really nice job today with its remembrance of 9/11 and 9/12. Also powerful. Voiced over by Steve Buscemi, who was a NYFD member. National anthem at all the 1pm games sung by a daughter of one killed that day. Moving stuff.

Did not know that Buscemi was former NYFD. Also read that he showed up at his old station and volunteered in the aftermath. Good dude.
gtman49
Little one got to stay up past her bedtime because I was so engrossed in it. Great stuff.

Could not believe the playing of the videos with audio during the time of so many people jumping. Horrible.
Packchem91
gtman49 said:

Little one got to stay up past her bedtime because I was so engrossed in it. Great stuff.

Could not believe the playing of the videos with audio during the time of so many people jumping. Horrible.
The one shot with 3 bodies falling...and the thuds when others hit that rooftop where the FDNY was working were extremely disturbing. I'd think that is PTSD-causing type stuff for those who were there.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.