Spectrum

1,751 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Oldsouljer
pack95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Thinking of switching to Spectrum for home internet and phone. Current provider (AT&T) is horrible and download speed is 6 mbps. Any feedback on Spectrum?
RDUwolfpack
I just swapped to ATT Fiber. Been great so far. Spectrum was okay for us. Just too pricey for me.
wolfman18
I've had it for 6+ years now. Personally I don't have too many complaints, but I also don't think it's the best/fastest.

Just keep and eye on your bill, they'll constantly raise it. Which I'm sure all do.
dogplasma
Have not had a problem with performance or customer service with Spectrum, but I think it is pricey. Have been starting to wonder about Google Fiber, just haven't looked into it.
pack95
dogplasma said:

Have not had a problem with performance or customer service with Spectrum, but I think it is pricey. Have been starting to wonder about Google Fiber, just haven't looked into it.
I pay $150/month for 6 mbps dsl internet and home phone and $120/month for dish network

Spectrum offered TV, 200 mbps internet, and home phone for $140/month

I would save $130/month. The only issue is if I can get it where I live. They are sending a crew out to verify.
ncsupack1
We've got Spectrum with no issues.
WolfQuacker
pack95 said:

dogplasma said:

I pay $150/month for 6 mbps dsl internet and home phone and $120/month for dish network

I would save $130/month. The only issue is if I can get it where I live. They are sending a crew out to verify
Those are 2004 metrics dude. I thought DSL was completely dead. I pay $75/m for Spectrum 200Mbps and see 450 consistently. In my current house, where we've lived for 6 years, I don't think we've had an outage outside of latenight maintenance windows. But, I HATE Spectrum due to their rate jacking prior to cutting the cable, so I'm considering Google Fiber now. You really need to do SOMETHING though dude, lol.
pack95
WolfQuacker said:

pack95 said:

dogplasma said:

I would save $130/month. The only issue is if I can get it where I live. They are sending a crew out to verify
Those are 2004 metrics dude. I thought DSL was completely dead. I pay $75/m for Spectrum 200Mbps and see 450 consistently. In my current house, where we've lived for 6 years, I don't think we've had an outage outside of latenight maintenance windows. But, I HATE Spectrum due to their rate jacking prior to cutting the cable, so I'm considering Google Fiber now. You really need to do SOMETHING though dude, lol.

I would love to do something, but if Spectrum isn't an option, the only thing I could do is satellite. And I have heard that is horrible. I live in the sticks…
Oldsouljer
wolfman18 said:

I've had it for 6+ years now. Personally I don't have too many complaints, but I also don't think it's the best/fastest.

Just keep and eye on your bill, they'll constantly raise it. Which I'm sure all do.
This! I use them because I need to bundle to satisfy four adults in my house. The minute it drops to two adults, I'll ditch Spectrum in a minute because of their constant rate hikes
wolfman18
Oldsouljer said:

wolfman18 said:

This! I use them because I need to bundle to satisfy four adults in my house. The minute it drops to two adults, I'll ditch Spectrum in a minute because of their constant rate hikes
It's a pain to do, but I'd call and threaten to switch if they did not lower my bill. They'd always lower it for me, can't speak to others. Just recently, the HOA took over internet/cable, so I don't have to worry about that anymore.

My parents had the same issue with AT&T a few years ago (rate hikes). They went back to spectrum.
wilmwolf
I was one of the first customers for their internet service when they were beta testing it probably two decades ago. The service has for the most part been good and reliable for that time. The customer service has been consistently awful for that same period of time.

I dread making any changes or anything going wrong with the account. Made some changes earlier this year, and went into the store and walked the person through what I wanted to do, what equipment I was turning in, what my new charges were going to be, and got confirmation that it was all right. Come bill time, it's a cluster ****. Took three months and multiple calls to straighten it out, and there's probably still something screwed up I haven't found yet.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
WolfQuacker
pack95 said:

WolfQuacker said:

pack95 said:

dogplasma said:

I would love to do something, but if Spectrum isn't an option, the only thing I could do is satellite. And I have heard that is horrible. I live in the sticks…
Under those circumstances, 100% spectrum. I don't see how you live with 6mbps, but I'm sure it's just something you learn to work around. Of course, I WFH with video conference calls, as well as my wife... so bandwidth isn't optional.
pack95
WolfQuacker said:

pack95 said:

WolfQuacker said:

pack95 said:

dogplasma said:

Under those circumstances, 100% spectrum. I don't see how you live with 6mbps, but I'm sure it's just something you learn to work around. Of course, I WFH with video conference calls, as well as my wife... so bandwidth isn't optional.

It isn't easy with two boys wanting to play Xbox and stream everything they watch on TV. I long for the days of three channels and no smart phones…. Life was so much simpler.
Oldsouljer
I recall when I was growing up that the entertainment content was better and more varied with three airwaves channels versus the several hundred channels of crap I have now.
pack95
Spectrum isn't an option unless I am willing to pay $12K to run the line to my house. Guess I am stuck with 6mbps.
dogplasma
Twelve thousand?? Where do you live, Siberia?

Also, I just heard that Google Fiber no longer has a TV service in NC. So much for that.
Oldsouljer
Your silver lining is that you can't get Spectrum.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.