Today is International Dog Day - Let's See Yours

2,565 Views | 28 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Oldsouljer
Bell Tower Grey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
These two are the best companions anyone could ask for. Sully is the yellow female; Case is the black male. Now 10 and 8 years old, respectively, they are great dogs. Any other dog folks here?

Glasswolf
Paisley Ann
Pack00

Maddie
SexualChocolate

packgrad
Jerricho... aka 82
jkpackfan
Packchem91
Henry

Packchem91
A day like today....a week like this week....and a year like this last year, our dogs really should be celebrated for the value and happiness and loyalty they bring into our lives.
Bell Tower Grey
Packchem91 said:

A day like today....a week like this week....and a year like this last year, our dogs really should be celebrated for the value and happiness and loyalty they bring into our lives.
Amen to that.
Mormad
Bentley and Callie

cowboypack02
Baby and the pup
SportManagementEngineer
Bojangles the Bernedoodle
Twitter: @JJwith2Jays
dogplasma

Packchem91
Bojangles looks like he is is saying "why do you have that stupid talking thing in your hand instead of handing me a biscuit"
bgr3
Our Carolina dog broke one of legs last November playing ball in the yard and we had to have it amputated. We were concerned about her getting enough play and feeling satisfied by going on shorter, more frequent walks and as her face illustrates here, we have nothing to worry about. She finds plenty of ways to get that State bandana dirty in the yard.
89_Grad
Oahu and Lanai. Brother and sister
Oldsouljer
Carolina dogs are rare, where'd you get yours?
mrcpack17

AlleyPack

bgr3
She's by no means pure Carolina dog lol. My fiance adopted her from a rescue in Winston Salem, wasn't seeking out a Carolina dog in particular but fell in love with her big ears, in her words lol.
SportManagementEngineer
This is my favorite thread on this website.
Twitter: @JJwith2Jays
Oldsouljer
bgr3 said:

She's by no means pure Carolina dog lol. My fiance adopted her from a rescue in Winston Salem, wasn't seeking out a Carolina dog in particular but fell in love with her big ears, in her words lol.
She looks close to pure. Their genetics are fascinating, supposedly very different from all other modern dog breeds. It is theorized that they are the remnant of the dogs that came across the frozen over Bering strait with the first humans in the Americas. Today, those still in the wild are found only in the coastal swamps of the Carolinas and Georgia. They are snake hunters and in the wild are known for their peculiar motions while going after their reptile prey.
AlleyPack
Oldsouljer said:

bgr3 said:

She looks close to pure. Their genetics are fascinating, supposedly very different from all other modern dog breeds. It is theorized that they are the remnant of the dogs that came across the frozen over Bering strait with the first humans in the Americas. Today, those still in the wild are found only in the coastal swamps of the Carolinas and Georgia. They are snake hunters and in the wild are known for their peculiar motions while going after their reptile prey.

This is ours which we believe to be at least part Carolina Dog.

Oldsouljer
Could be. Believe it or not, it's something about the eyes rather than the ears that makes me think you're possibly correct. Handsome dog.
bgr3
I have done just a little research and they are fascinating dogs. My fiance thinks shes mixed some but I am not sure to what degree. She has most of the traits and behaviors of Caroling dogs but not all of them.
Oldsouljer
bgr3 said:

I have done just a little research and they are fascinating dogs. My fiance thinks shes mixed some but I am not sure to what degree. She has most of the traits and behaviors of Caroling dogs but not all of them.
Well, if she keeps snakes out of the yard, she's a keeper
FlossyDFlynt
I can finally add to this thread. Granted, she is only a foster, but I do enjoy having her around. Meet Coco
Bell Tower Grey
FlossyDFlynt said:

I can finally add to this thread. Granted, she is only a foster, but I do enjoy having her around. Meet Coco

Cute dog. Thanks for fostering. Even though we have our 2, we also foster occasionally. Warms your heart to see a happy, content dog. Even more when they go to a permanent home with folks that know what joy the love of a dog can bring.
IseWolf22
AlleyPack said:

Oldsouljer said:

bgr3 said:

This is ours which we believe to be at least part Carolina Dog.

We got a DNA test on this one and he came back with 1/8 of 5 different dogs and 3/8 "unknown". We believe there is some Carolina dog in that 3/8

I also have a Beagle mutt

Oldsouljer
Definitely looks to be at least part "Dixie dingo".
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.