Old Tuffy

1,999 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by fitz89
Craddock
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Does Harris Teeter no longer carry? Haven't seen it in ages.
I do sometimes find it at Publix though.
wilmwolf
I don't see it in my teeter these days. I think after the initial run on it demand dropped off. I like it, but a lot of the snobbier beer drinkers I know were disappointed, I guess because it wasn't an IPA. I rarely drink more than a couple beers a month, so the last twelve pack of it that I bought just ran out. I would definitely buy more if I see it, and hope to have a few in Carter Finley this year.
Sierrawolf
I'm a huge NC State fan and wanted to love it...but it just didn't taste very good. Plus, every time I drank it they lost so I just stopped buying it.
RunsWithWolves26
WalMart has it in Jacksonville
Bell Tower Grey
I thought it was a good hot day, light drinker. Not bad coming out of a tub of ice water with rock salt to cool it off, especially after watching the guys take care of the yard on hot days. I see it in the Pig occasionally.
IseWolf22
It's an above average lager but at it's price point, there are a ton of better craft alternatives. IMO a lager needs to be cheaper due price of the competition and low ABV
wilmwolf
For me, I really don't care what it costs relative to other beers. I'm drinking it because it's an NC State branded beer, not because of its relative value. Being able to watch an NC State sporting event while drinking an NC State branded beer is the appeal to me. If I want something high ABV, I've got an entire room full of bourbon that does just fine. If I want a better craft beer, I would patronize several of the people I know who are in that industry.
Ellesdad
I can't find it here in Winston-Salem anymore. Bummer. I really liked it.
TheStorm
It really did kind of suck though as far as the taste went... maybe they are working on "New Tuffy" as we speak.
Oldsouljer
That'd be nice. Life is too short to waste on crappy beer.
ncsupack1
It was a okay beer. I'm a cheap beer drinker but now that someone mentioned it, I haven't seen it in some time.
fitz89
fitz89
Locations

https://www.newbelgium.com/beer/finder/?latitude=35.7795897&longitude=-78.6381787&search_dist=5&beer_flavor_number=476&limit=50
Go State!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.