What was your first car?

4,067 Views | 49 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by PackFansXL
Bell Tower Grey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ncsualum05 said:

Does it have to be cool? I had a 1998 2-door sporty Honda Accord. New body style with spoiler. It was white. Good back seat memories as well. Not as cool as some of the cars in this thread but hey I have no complaints.
Cool? Naw, man. The vast majority of first cars were not cool. You can ask my sister....she wasn't working at the time she turned 16, but was job hunting. Our dad bought her an AMC Pacer

Damn thing looked like this.
WolfInTheWeeds
97 GMC Sierra Regular can, short bed, hunter green. Still have it. Only about 175K on it. Wouldn't sell it for anything. They don't make trucks like it anymore.
MayorStoner
1983 Oldsmobile Delta 88

PackDaddy
dogplasma said:

This car, this color.

Eric?
wofpac
1959 Vauxhall. Paid $150 for it. Faded battleship gray. Red leather interior(well worn). 4 on the column!
Inexpensive transport. We had some great times in that rag. Lasted 3 years.
Ground_Chuck

1974 F-100 Ranger

Not quite as nice as this one, but it was close.
FourOaksWolf
1972 Ford Pinto. A death trap POS. But it did get me to school, work, ball practice and trips to Raleigh my freshman year. I survived it.
CALS Alumni
caryking
ciscopack said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

ciscopack said:

1974 Dodge Charger SE - 440 cu. in. (incognito with a Wolfpack #1 plate on the front)

I look at that and see red and white, with a gold "21" painted on the side.
Gorgeous ride, pal.
I'd give a right nut to have it back and trick out the motor, brakes and ride. Maybe take it to Dave Kindig or Chip Foose.
The question is: who would you choose between the two? They are both very talented...
cowboypack02
1991 hyundai excel. It was a beater but the back seats laid down for plenty of room. My second car was a 1988 mercury sable I paid 500 bucks for
Bell Tower Grey
pineknollshoresking said:

ciscopack said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

ciscopack said:

1974 Dodge Charger SE - 440 cu. in. (incognito with a Wolfpack #1 plate on the front)

I look at that and see red and white, with a gold "21" painted on the side.
Gorgeous ride, pal.
I'd give a right nut to have it back and trick out the motor, brakes and ride. Maybe take it to Dave Kindig or Chip Foose.
The question is: who would you choose between the two? They are both very talented...
They're both talented; as I posted earlier, I'd go with Foose first, then Kindig. Tough choice, but Foose was the first custom designer that I actually saw and took interest in his creations. As the song says, "First impressions".
TraCha4
1995 Mazda 929
pack99
'88 Chevrolet Corsica. Good first car to get me through high school and a couple small fender benders.
caryking
In 1982, I got my first car. It was a 1972 Datsun 240Z. Parents helped secure financing and I paid for the monthly payments. I remember not being able to make a payment; so, my parents made it on my behalf. Guess who drove it that month? I never made that mistake again...
PackFansXL
In 1976 my father found a good deal on a pea green 1970 Monte Carlo. I had to make the payments and buy the insurance. I made many road trips between State and my house in that car. Sold it after graduation and bought an Audi. That was a big mistake!
Bell Tower Grey
PackFansXL said:

In 1976 my father found a good deal on a pea green 1970 Monte Carlo. I had to make the payments and buy the insurance. I made many road trips between State and my house in that car. Sold it after graduation and bought an Audi. That was a big mistake!
Like this one?

This one has a 350 V-8, 32,639 miles, and is listed at $15, 995. Call 704-598-2130
PackFansXL
Nice pic! Thanks for posting this.
Mine was very much like that except it had the lame color matching hubcaps and a dark green vinyl top.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.