What was your first car?

4,084 Views | 49 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by PackFansXL
Bell Tower Grey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I was fortunate enough to have two. My mom had a 1974 Pontiac Grand Prix that was mine to drive whenever I wanted. I was able to buy a 1975 MG Midget outright, and wound up driving it almost all the time. Drove the GP whenever it was more than a date and me.

My Grand Prix had a black landau top instead of white. My MG looked exactly like the one pictured.

Thinking back, I'd love to have both of them back today. Lotta memories with both of those cars.
wilmwolf
1992 Mustang LX. It was a sports car to the insurance company, but definitely wasn't under the hood with a 4 cylinder automatic. It was only four years old at the time of purchase and I was beyond grateful to have anything with four wheels and a radio. I drove the hell out of it for 7 years, including my time at State
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
Steve Williams
Staff
1976 Cutlass Supreme. Damn I wish I could find that car.
Mormad

mdreid

WPNfamily
This glorious ******* right here got me laid for the first time! 1984 Volvo 740
statefan91

1992 Ford Explorer. I loved that car even when the serpentine belt snapped on me while I was driving.
IseWolf22
2002 Toyota Tundra
tuffy1006

1990 subaru justy.

I let all my friends drive it until one of them thankfully totaled it. Had it all of 6 weeks before it was wrecked. 92 Geo Storm was my next car. Much better car even tho it was still down the totum pole of cars.
82TxPackFan
Worked my rear end off throwing newspapers & cutting grass to get it.

AlleyPack
(edit)
Actually, THIS was my first car. (and not this exact one, but something close)

Glasswolf
1965 mustang

2nd car was a bit more powerful

1972 GTO Judge

Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

SexualChocolate
2 tone(brown and tan)1981 Honda Accord Hatchback with the automatic choke.
bigeric
1960 Chevrolet Biscayne, monkey puke green.
SportManagementEngineer

2003 Hyundai Santa Fe
Twitter: @JJwith2Jays
dwanna
87 Toyota Camry. That thing was a trooper. Had those rubber bumpers like mail trucks.

And the shoulder seat belts that moved automatically with the door. The car had an emergency latch to release those and it made a crazy sound when pulled, so I had fun scaring people with that.
Daviewolf83
In high school, I drove my father's old Datsun 240-Z. It was the same color as this picture. Inline-6 engine and four speed, manual transmission. Eventually, it was handed down to my brother. My dad had to get on a waiting list to purchase the car and you took the color that arrived at the dealership.

The first car I purchased was a silver, Mazda RX-7. I loved this car and the rotary engine was so smooth when you accelerated.

Bell Tower Grey
IseWolf22 said:

2002 Toyota Tundra

I'd love to find one of those now just for my daily knock around vehicle. Big fan of the Toy trucks, up until they decided to keep the same body style for the last umpteen years.

PackDaddy
Bell Tower Grey said:

IseWolf22 said:

2002 Toyota Tundra

I'd love to find one of those now just for my daily knock around vehicle. Big fan of the Toy trucks, up until they decided to keep the same body style for the last umpteen years.

I can sell you an '07 Tacoma. One owner 100,000 miles
wilmwolf
I thought that since my first car was 25 years ago, this thread would make me feel old, but it's done the opposite, lol.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
Bell Tower Grey
PackDaddy said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

IseWolf22 said:

2002 Toyota Tundra

I can sell you an '07 Tacoma. One owner 100,000 miles
Thanks for the offer. I prefer a Tundra, but If I don't find one I like within the next few months, I may get back to you. Post a pic?
Bell Tower Grey
wilmwolf80 said:

I thought that since my first car was 25 years ago, this thread would make me feel old, but it's done the opposite, lol.
What's old, is new again, brother!
ciscopack
1974 Dodge Charger SE - 440 cu. in. (incognito with a Wolfpack #1 plate on the front)

Bell Tower Grey
ciscopack said:

1974 Dodge Charger SE - 440 cu. in. (incognito with a Wolfpack #1 plate on the front)

I look at that and see red and white, with a gold "21" painted on the side.
Gorgeous ride, pal.
ciscopack
Bell Tower Grey said:

ciscopack said:

Gorgeous ride, pal.
I'd give a right nut to have it back and trick out the motor, brakes and ride. Maybe take it to Dave Kindig or Chip Foose.
Bell Tower Grey
ciscopack said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

ciscopack said:

Gorgeous ride, pal.
I'd give a right nut to have it back and trick out the motor, brakes and ride. Maybe take it to Dave Kindig or Chip Foose.
Lol, sounds like you've sat in my den with me, sharing a drink and watching motorhead shows. Watching Fantom Works right now. And for the record, I'd go Foose first and Kindig next.
IseWolf22
Bell Tower Grey said:

IseWolf22 said:

2002 Toyota Tundra

It was a fun car to drive around in highschool. Unfortunately I have not had a truck since
SexualChocolate
Just got a 2019 Tacoma and I love it!
griff17matt
Bell Tower Grey said:

ciscopack said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

ciscopack said:

Gorgeous ride, pal.
Lol, sounds like you've sat in my den with me, sharing a drink and watching motorhead shows. Watching Fantom Works right now. And for the record, I'd go Foose first and Kindig next.

I think I'd want Joe Martin working on mine but to each their own.

First car was a 95 mustang convertible red with a black top. Had it for like 6 month until a dip**** crossed the center line on Thunder Road in Rutherford County and side swiped me. Traded cars with my dad and got a 97 Acura CL. Loved both those damn cars.
dogplasma
This car, this color.
Tootie4Pack
1975 Camaro. Worked in the tobacco fields to save up to be able to buy this car. A sweet ride with Jensen speakers and an 8-Track Player.
A 3- speed with no air conditioning.
st8ofdenial
Turned 16 in '93 and had a 1988 Chevy Beretta. I remember thinking, in 5th grade, that they were so cool because the door handle was "hidden" in the door frame. Then that's what my parents find for my 1st car.

ciscopack
griff17matt said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

ciscopack said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

ciscopack said:

Gorgeous ride, pal.

I think I'd want Joe Martin working on mine but to each their own.

First car was a 95 mustang convertible red with a black top. Had it for like 6 month until a dip**** crossed the center line on Thunder Road in Rutherford County and side swiped me. Traded cars with my dad and got a 97 Acura CL. Loved both those damn cars.

Joe is really good too!
TheStorm

1975 Fiat X-19... mine was the shade of a normal turd (darker brown than this) with the black stripe down the side and the Targa Top.

(Damn it. The picture shows up on my post, but as soon as I click "save" it does this.)
ncsualum05
Does it have to be cool? I had a 1998 2-door sporty Honda Accord. New body style with spoiler. It was white. Good back seat memories as well. Not as cool as some of the cars in this thread but hey I have no complaints.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.