What's more aggravating?

1,420 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by waynecountywolf
Bell Tower Grey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Checking out at the grocery store and someone is fiddling with coupons, trying to figure out which one's they will use - and then not being ready to pay when totaled out....OR, folks checking out from the store then trying to decide which lottery tickets / scratch offs they want?

I was in HT earlier today and the coupon / checkout maven was in full bloom. Stopped to get gas on the way home; went inside to get a soft drink and the lottery line was 9 deep. I put the drink back and just walked out. Both situations were maddening.
packgrad
Definitely the grocery store for me. Convenience store if I'm just getting a drink, I'll turn around as soon as I walk in if there's a line. But the damn grocery store, I have to temper my hate fire when people don't even get their **** ready to pay. Then when it's time, they fumble like they're surprised they have to pay. Then dig out random coupons. Then try to find the card they want to use. I want to ask, *** were you thinking about when he was ringing up your $250 of cheetos, frozen pizzas and, cherry 7 ups? You have to pay MFer! What weee you doing all this time? Hell, I get my card out as soon as I'm in line and have it ready. Worst case, I'll get it out when the cashier starts, if I'm using a cashier.

Self checkout has become a location of frustration for me as well. Even with the old folks, as much as I love them and they deserve our respect. But dammit, y'all have been going to grocery stores longer than all of us. You've seen how these things work for a long damn time. It's not freaking hard. If you can't do it, put your things back in your cart and get back in line with the rest of the ignants.
wilmwolf
Self checkout and pay at the pump are your friends. I worked in a grocery store during college, and I can scan and bag my groceries faster than the cashiers anyway. Only time I ever go in the gas station is if I'm on a long trip and need some sunflower seeds or something.

I know that way back in my days as a cashier there was nothing worse than a person with a stack of coupons and a checkbook. I don't mind if people use coupons, but those extreme coupon people who wipe out shelves get on my nerves. To be honest, people in stores in general get on my nerves, so I try to go when the store is less busy if possible.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
Bell Tower Grey
ww, I don't usually go into the c-stores either; just thought I wanted a soft drink today. "Thought" being the key word there. I guess today that folks were spending more than they should have been due to the lottery jackpot.

As far as the grocery store, I've begun using the online ordering / drive up feature so I don't have to go in there, either. I really like and appreciate that.
Glasswolf
My biggest complaint is people that still write a check at the grocery store. They wait till everything is rung up and almost bagged then they start to write the check People....You know what store you are at, you know the date and you know what name to sign. All you should have to write is the written amount and the box amount. Same with a debit or credit card. I give them my rewards card and once the first item is scanned it insert my card. I help bag and by the time they are finished scanning I'm bagged and waiting on my receipt.

Hell I don't even have checks anymore!
griff17matt
I give people with kids in tow more grace than those alone or with other adults or even teens. WIC stuff is frustrating too and I say that as someone who relied on it to get by when my daughter was born. It's embarrassing holding a line up because of that too. Generally, I try to be understanding at the grocery store. Convenience Stores need to be more convenient than they currently are.
Tobaccoroadsportscafe
I think gas station is more frustrating, because if I'm inside a gas station that means I'm unbelievably thirsty, or really really need to eat a snickers bar.
ciscopack
Bell Tower Grey said:

Checking out at the grocery store and someone is fiddling with coupons, trying to figure out which one's they will use - and then not being ready to pay when totaled out....OR, folks checking out from the store then trying to decide which lottery tickets / scratch offs they want?

I was in HT earlier today and the coupon / checkout maven was in full bloom. Stopped to get gas on the way home; went inside to get a soft drink and the lottery line was 9 deep. I put the drink back and just walked out. Both situations were maddening.
You saved money missing the lottery ticket line; I have the single Megawinner.
Bell Tower Grey
ciscopack said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

Lol. Things are getting too convenient for the old guy. The grocery thing, some states let you buy lottery online, home liquor delivery, etc, Friend, if you win then please float me just enough to build my ultimate outdoor kitchen.
ciscopack
Bell Tower Grey said:

ciscopack said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

Lol. Things are getting too convenient for the old guy. The grocery thing, some states let you buy lottery online, home liquor delivery, etc, Friend, if you win then please float me just enough to build my ultimate outdoor kitchen.
Will do for food
acslater1344
The biggest point of frustration for me is when you get in a 3-4 person line and EVERYONE in front of you is buying lotto tickets. What should be a 2 min wait turns into 10 and it's the worst. But that's life I guess lol.

That and when folks are using self checkout but they're acting like it's a futuristic machine that was just invented yesterday. Cmon yall it aint that hard.
Bell Tower Grey
ciscopack said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

ciscopack said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

Will do for food
Done! mi cocina es tu cocina
waynecountywolf
C store. I will walk right out. There should be another clerk/line to handle them.
Now, if I had ice cream in the cart-maybe then the grocery.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.