Raleigh dog kennels - any recommendations?

830 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Civilized
Civilized
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hey guys, got a problem, and a question.

Gotta head out of town Saturday for some family stuff and got an email yesterday that the kennel northwest of Raleigh that we've used for 15 years is shutting down immediately. They were great - our dogs loved being there and they had big indoor/outdoor dog runs and lots of land for the dogs to play/run on.

Anybody got any Raleigh-area kennel recommendations for a big boxer mix? We can always take him to our vet for boarding but he hates the vet and I don't love taking somewhere he hates and will essentially be in a cage for a couple of days other than when he's being walked.

Would much prefer a bigger place further out in the country, ideally headed south or southeast from Raleigh, that has some good outdoor play space and where you can tell they treat their pups well.

Thanks in advance for an advice!
waynecountywolf
Eli's Friends across from Wilber's BBQ in Goldsboro (if headed that direction).

https://www.elisfriends.org/
Tell Barrett that Gracie and Zeus' Dad sent you
IseWolf22
I've used Wag in the past to find someone to come by my house a couple times a day.
gtman49
Pupsi in Cary near Woody's is a pretty good place. Dogs get to play outside all day as part of their stay.
mrcpack17
Suite paws is solid in east Raleigh, owners love animals and it's a big place.

Dog diggity is great in north west Raleigh as well but they are a smaller outfit.
Civilized
Great recommendations guys, thanks so much.

Will be ringing a few of these tomorrow to see if they've got room on short notice.

Thank you!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.