Peloton

1,796 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by packgrad
packgrad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Considering getting one. Owners, thoughts? I can stay motivated so I'm not worried about that. Just looking for something different that I can do at home. Running has lost its luster for me, and I'm not a fan of riding bikes on streets.
IseWolf22
packgrad said:

Considering getting one? Owners, thoughts? I can stay motivated so I'm not worried about that. Just looking for something different that I can do at home. Running has lost its luster for me, and I'm not a fan of riding bikes on streets.
The bike itself is great quality if you like to spin. I got it as a present for my wife, but I ride it once a week myself. She loves everything about it, but the instructors are a little too "peppy" for my taste.
Ground_Chuck
You don't have to use their bike. Monthly fee is much cheaper if you don't (40 vs 14).

You can save a good bit by buying a different bike and still using their app.
WPNfamily
Get the bike. The competition is fun. I did ride 156 this morning.
gtman49
Take a look at the MYX Bike...same thing for half the price. Your monthly subscription ($29) allows for 5 riders. That's what I have and it has been great.
WolfpackCPA
I have a Pelaton and it has a lot of other classes besides just riding as well.
Civilized
Got a little "Cult of Crossfit" thing going on with it but the people I know with one love them.

A client just got one in the last few months and a lady that works on my wife's team did too. They've got all the accessories, gear, etc. They're definitely drinking the kool-aid but you're not going to care about any of that.

Can't speak to the bike's quality relative to other spin cycles.

They're pricey but investing in your health is one of the best investments you can make. Even at that price, you use it 2-3 times a week over the next couple of years and you're getting great value relative to a nice gym membership.

I've got a pretty good gym built in my basement. To get my heart rate up I can do HIIT, and prefer riding my bike outside to a spin cycle, but do want the ability to do cardio inside for a change or when the weather is bad. Thinking about a Concept rower.

Let us know how it turns out if you decide to take the plunge.
statefan91
I don't have the bike, but use the app on my Apple TV / iPad + my Keiser m3+ stationary bike. I really like the classes a lot, once you find an instructor or two that you like then you're in good shape (I recommend Jess Sims, easy on the eyes too). I have a few sets of dumbells / exercise mat / bike and it's served me well during COVID.

I also do some of the running classes outside. They have normal audio only classes but you can also do their tread classes outside and just modify for your speed / pace / environment.
packgrad
They're 8-10 weeks out. I ordered one. I have that amount of time to reconsider, plus the 30 days they give you. Figured I could use that time to deliberate instead of thinking about it then waiting 2-2.5 months to get it.
statefan91
I'd recommend staying on top of the tracking for the timing, have heard of backups / delivery challenges.
WPNfamily
Ride 157 today at lunch time. I am working from home this week and it is awesome being able to eat lunch and then run upstairs to get a ride in. I usually ride in the morning before I head to the office, or at night after work. I like neither of those. The midday ride was perfect today.

I am thinking about ordering a second one for in my office. I have a shower at work so I can at least not stink all day!
SportManagementEngineer
The wife got one back in June. Didn't think I'd use it as I had never done a spin class before, but now that I'm working from home I carve out time each day to do it. I'm not sure that I'm seeing results in my body, but I have friends who have lost a good amount using it regular.
Twitter: @JJwith2Jays
packgrad
WPNfamily said:

Ride 157 today at lunch time. I am working from home this week and it is awesome being able to eat lunch and then run upstairs to get a ride in. I usually ride in the morning before I head to the office, or at night after work. I like neither of those. The midday ride was perfect today.

I am thinking about ordering a second one for in my office. I have a shower at work so I can at least not stink all day!

If you want another one, better go ahead and order. My delivery date is in 3 months. Hopefully it comes sooner.
WPNfamily
SportManagementEngineer said:

The wife got one back in June. Didn't think I'd use it as I had never done a spin class before, but now that I'm working from home I carve out time each day to do it. I'm not sure that I'm seeing results in my body, but I have friends who have lost a good amount using it regular.

It's fun and you can make it competitive if you want. I will say this my blood pressure in so much better. I was running 145/90 before I started riding. Now I run 127/70. If nothing else I have seen the benefit.
WPNfamily
packgrad said:

WPNfamily said:

If you want another one, better go ahead and order. My delivery date is in 3 months. Hopefully it comes sooner.

Wow that is insane!!!
packgrad
WPNfamily said:

SportManagementEngineer said:

It's fun and you can make it competitive if you want. I will say this my blood pressure in so much better. I was running 145/90 before I started riding. Now I run 127/70. If nothing else I have seen the benefit.

Those BP numbers are speaking to me. Good stuff. I wish I hadn't waited so long to decide.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.