SCOTUS refuses to hear UNC-Cheat case on sexual assault info

2,327 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by caryking
BBW12OG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Now.... this could get very interesting. How many athletes' names will be on this list? How much cover has Roy, Mack, Fedora provided over the last few years?

https://www.wral.com/supreme-court-allows-ruling-to-stand-unc-must-release-records-of-students-disciplined-for-sexual-assault/19466887/
FlossyDFlynt
UNC admins

BBW12OG
What's surprising is that WRAL the loony left wing bastion is leading the charge against UNC-Cheat!!! How's that for irony?
AlleyPack
They've had four years to scrub those records.
I highly doubt you're going to see any sort of "athletics-damning" info released.
Misterree
Yeah, UNC has perfected how to cheat.
BBW12OG
AlleyPack said:

They've had four years to scrub those records.
I highly doubt you're going to see any sort of "athletics-damning" info released.

Yes..... that is some high level scrubbing if it was run through the Orange County DA. Wouldn't doubt it a bit with all the alums in county government. You'd almost ponder the thought that they are there for instances just as we have here.
caryking
Misterree said:

Cheating is a crazy allegation. You have to show the evidence, right? How can a group of people (State fans in this instance) believe such a crazy allegation.

I guess if people say it enough, it must be true...
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
PaperWolf
My man DK...

"There are 106 miles to Chicago, we have a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses...Hit it!"
BBW12OG
Could be Dan's last hoorah!!! He won't have a job if he covers it and names...names...
Pacfanweb
pineknollshoresking said:

Misterree said:

Cheating is a crazy allegation. You have to show the evidence, right? How can a group of people (State fans in this instance) believe such a crazy allegation.

Um....UNC basically admitted to cheating.

Their defense was, "Yeah, we had these classes, but you (the NCAA) have no power to tell us they're fake. So unless we admit they were fake, which we're not going to do, you can't punish us"

And the NCAA said "You're correct, we can't rule they were fake. HOWEVER, you (UNC) already admitted they were fake when SACS punished you and put you on probation. Here's the letter where you admitted it"

And UNC said "Nah, that was a typo or miscommunication"

And the NCAA, instead of saying "Right, nobody believes that, BOOM", they said "Oh, well I guess that settles it, then. We're done here"

Quite a bit different than what's going on with the election, where loads of allegations have been thrown, and been disproven but a certain percentage of people still believe since "it's been reported so widely". Huge difference.
caryking
Pacfanweb said:

Misterree said:

Um....UNC basically admitted to cheating.

Their defense was, "Yeah, we had these classes, but you (the NCAA) have no power to tell us they're fake. So unless we admit they were fake, which we're not going to do, you can't punish us"

And the NCAA said "You're correct, we can't rule they were fake. HOWEVER, you (UNC) already admitted they were fake when SACS punished you and put you on probation. Here's the letter where you admitted it"

And UNC said "Nah, that was a typo or miscommunication"

And the NCAA, instead of saying "Right, nobody believes that, BOOM", they said "Oh, well I guess that settles it, then. We're done here"

Quite a bit different than what's going on with the election, where loads of allegations have been thrown, and been disproven but a certain percentage of people still believe since "it's been reported so widely". Huge difference.
Pacfanweb, that was supposed to be a parody of sorts....

Joe Biden
Pacfanweb
Fair enough.
caryking
Pacfanweb said:

Fair enough.
I have stated it before...

We all have our beliefs (some call these conspiracy theories) and no one knows what's completely true. How many times most of us said something like:

• John Swofford has it out against NC State. Then, we go on and show facts to support the claim
  • The refs only work for the Bluebloods. Then, we go on and show facts to support our claims

I think its funny how those claims (which truly be called conspiracy theories) can be true (in our eyes) whether they are or aren't; however, the Trump supporter claims can't be... They are called gullible, sheep, or whatever...

Joe Biden
PackPA2015

Pacfanweb said:

Fair enough.

We all have our beliefs (some call these conspiracy theories) and no one knows what's completely true. How many times most of us said something like:

• John Swofford has it out against NC State. Then, we go on and show facts to support the claim
  • The refs only work for the Bluebloods. Then, we go on and show facts to support our claims

I think its funny how those claims (which truly be called conspiracy theories) can be true (in our eyes) whether they are or aren't; however, the Trump supporter claims can't be... They are called gullible, sheep, or whatever...
I think the consequences of said theories/ideas/whatever you want to call them are vastly different. I don't see State fans acting on those said theories and storming the ACC offices (at least we hope not). Whether you have believed the Trump side or have been more of the BLM side during this past summer, those theories/ideas/whatever you want to call them have pushed people to act on them and sometimes violently.

Not saying this to promote more and more political debate or aggravate anyone.
caryking
PackPA2015 said:

Pacfanweb said:

Fair enough.

I think the consequences of said theories/ideas/whatever you want to call them are vastly different. I don't see State fans acting on those said theories and storming the ACC offices (at least we hope not). Whether you have believed the Trump side or have been more of the BLM side during this past summer, those theories/ideas/whatever you want to call them have pushed people to act on them and sometimes violently.

You missed the point.

If you'd like to, we can debate the actions of Democratic lawmakers calling people to do acts of aggression...

Joe Biden
IseWolf22
Cool
Government records belong to us all. Transparency is always a good thing
Pacfanweb

Pacfanweb said:

Fair enough.

Well, the difference is you can prove that the claims of fraud in the election are not true. It's been done.
Nobody really cares if an athletics commissioner told some refs on the side to call it against a particular team.
Everybody cares if our democratic election process had a problem with it or not. There's a huge difference.

There's plenty of data out there that you could choose to believe indicates the ACC has it out for NC State.
But you can't outright prove it. Not unless some referees start talking or something.

The claims about the election were made before the election even happened. Trump was crying fraud and rigged before election day. So it's no surprise that once he lost, he said the same things.
But the difference comes in the proof. People/Trump alleged specific things about this election... Servers seized, some lady counting ballots three times, dead people voting, Etc.

All three of those things in particular have been proven beyond any shadow of a doubt to be untrue. Yet Trump is still saying those exact same things, in the face of proof that they didn't happen.
He literally mentioned all three of those things in the call to the Georgia Secretary of State.
And then refused to listen to any explanation to the contrary.

So you really can't make the comparison... There's no stone cold proof about the ACC vs NC State. There's plenty of data that could be read that way... But some people might also say we just haven't been very good. The difference is probably somewhere in the middle, I would say. But that's not the case with the election. There was either fraud ... Or there wasn't. You can go through each specific instance and they either cannot prove their claim, or the claims have been disproved.
wilmwolf
Congrats on tanking this thread before it got to a second page. Would make the PP people proud.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
caryking
Pacfanweb said:

Pacfanweb said:

Fair enough.

Well, the difference is you can prove that the claims of fraud in the election are not true. It's been done.
Nobody really cares if an athletics commissioner told some refs on the side to call it against a particular team.
Everybody cares if our democratic election process had a problem with it or not. There's a huge difference.

There's plenty of data out there that you could choose to believe indicates the ACC has it out for NC State.
But you can't outright prove it. Not unless some referees start talking or something.

The claims about the election were made before the election even happened. Trump was crying fraud and rigged before election day. So it's no surprise that once he lost, he said the same things.
But the difference comes in the proof. People/Trump alleged specific things about this election... Servers seized, some lady counting ballots three times, dead people voting, Etc.

All three of those things in particular have been proven beyond any shadow of a doubt to be untrue. Yet Trump is still saying those exact same things, in the face of proof that they didn't happen.
He literally mentioned all three of those things in the call to the Georgia Secretary of State.
And then refused to listen to any explanation to the contrary.

So you really can't make the comparison... There's no stone cold proof about the ACC vs NC State. There's plenty of data that could be read that way... But some people might also say we just haven't been very good. The difference is probably somewhere in the middle, I would say. But that's not the case with the election. There was either fraud ... Or there wasn't. You can go through each specific instance and they either cannot prove their claim, or the claims have been disproved.
I think its safe to say... we just disagree...

Joe Biden
PackPA2015

PackPA2015 said:

Pacfanweb said:

Fair enough.

You missed the point.

If you'd like to, we can debate the actions of Democratic lawmakers calling people to do acts of aggression...

10-4. Maybe I did. Just didn't see the comparison I thought you were making.

UNC sucks. Carry on.
caryking
PackPA2015 said:

PackPA2015 said:

Pacfanweb said:

Fair enough.

You missed the point.

10-4. Maybe I did. Just don't see the comparison I thought you were making.

UNC sucks. Carry on.
Will do...

Joe Biden
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.