Trump Biden Polls

72,536 Views | 810 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Civilized
Bas2020
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AlleyPack said:

I'm an independent, but I'll tell you right now that I have a couple of close friends who are going to vote for Trump -- but in no way are they broadcasting that fact. (lots of people do make it well known, sure, but I'm just saying that I think lots DO NOT)

And the reason why each of them said they're choosing to stay quiet?
They don't want to get blasted/attacked/demonized by people they know who are radical leftists.

(another caveat -- not all liberals are "radical leftists"... but there are definitely a lot who will quickly call someone a racists/sexist/whatever-ist if they find out that person is voting for Trump)

One guy -- his wife's whole extended family is Liberal. He said it's just not worth the hassle and headache, and when one of them cornered him he told them he's voting for Jorgensen. (which even that has caused him some of the "you might as well vote for Trump!" grief, LOL)

I think a lot of voters simply don't want to deal with the insanity of that radical faction, and thus they keep quiet.
To co-workers, to random pollsters, to whomever.
Again -- this is based on several very direct anecdotes I've personally observed.

That's why you don't see Trump yard signs within the city limits or the burbs as much . People don't want loons screwing with their house or property like they damaged downtown Raleigh .
PackDaddy
Civilized said:

WPNfamily said:

My sister is Trump all the way. She is my business partner and knows why Trumps policies are right for our business. Her husband is a die hard liberal. She told him she voted for Biden just to keep home front happy. She is a great example of a closet Trump voter. There are a lot more closet Trump voters out there because of the lefts intolerance. The term silent majority didn't come to be for no reason.

She lied to her husband about who she voted for?

*** is the point in even being married?
Civilized
PackDaddy said:

Civilized said:

WPNfamily said:

My sister is Trump all the way. She is my business partner and knows why Trumps policies are right for our business. Her husband is a die hard liberal. She told him she voted for Biden just to keep home front happy. She is a great example of a closet Trump voter. There are a lot more closet Trump voters out there because of the lefts intolerance. The term silent majority didn't come to be for no reason.

People, man.
Andrew4343
I haven't voted yet but definitely lie to just about everyone about who I plan to vote for. I have friends/associates who support both candidates and I typically say what they want to hear. It's just not worth the aggravation, I get enough political ads from both sides already, don't want to hear anymore from people I know.

Civilized said:

PackDaddy said:

Civilized said:

WPNfamily said:

People, man.
packgrad
WPNfamily said:

My dad and step mother are polar opposites politically. They can't talk politics at all.
WPNfamily
Civilized said:

WPNfamily said:

Correct sir
GuerrillaPack
PA

Trump 46.5%
Biden 47.2%

82TxPackFan
Civilized said:

82TxPackFan said:

Civilized said:

82TxPackFan said:

ncsualum05 said:

Will be reposting daily until election. I'm owning it for better or worse.
Whether you are celebrating, or eating crow, likely depends on Trafalgar's estimates of "shy" Trump voters. It's obvious that most polls don't include this adjustment in their numbers,

I hope you're celebrating like it's 1999 in a week or so!

Obviously accurately gauging Trump support is critical to accurate polling.

Not much evidence of shy Trump voters though.

https://morningconsult.com/form/shy-trump-2020/

2,400 voters polled, half via live phone interviews and half online.

"Shy Trump" effect only gave Trump a +1% bump.

I think the bigger issue in 2016 was undersampling of non-college-educated white men. Did pollsters correct for that polling bias in 2020? We'll see in a few days.
LOL at the "poll" to identify the amount of silent Trump voters. Will likely be more than a few days before we know the results given the legal challenges that will be brought forward.

What's wrong with that poll?
Many Trump supporters don't want anything to do with anyone they perceive as mainstream media types. Therefore they will either not participate in the poll, or some of them might even lie about their choices just to screw with the pollster
GuerrillaPack
Interesting poll results here:

GuerrillaPack
This is INCREDIBLE. Watch this HUGE Trump rally in Los Angeles --with over half the crowd consisting of African-Americans and hispanics. Around 18-25 minutes into the video you can really see how massive the crowd is.

There is this one huge fit/muscled black guy nicknamed "MAGA Hulk" who has become a celebrity of sorts, who can be seen at the front of the crowd.

packgrad
The Girl Scouts had to delete a tweet congratulating ACB for being the 5th woman on the Supreme Court because the left became so unglued. That is why people don't answer polls honestly. Today's Democrat is one incorrect answer from rioting and trying to destroy your life.
Mormad
packgrad said:

The Girl Scouts had to delete a tweet congratulating ACB for being the 5th woman on the Supreme Court because the left became so unglued. That is why people don't answer polls honestly. Today's Democrat is one incorrect answer from rioting and trying to destroy your life.

Disgusting behavior
TheStorm
RunsWithWolves26 said:

Noticed some talk about texas and georgia being in play. That would be interesting. Also, noticed a couple of articles about the polls potentially not being right but that could help biden. Found that line of thinking somewhat odd. Do the national people know something the regulars don't? Are they setting up the people to not be shocked by results? Interesting times we are living in. Regardless nothing will shock me on election night. I got all I shock I could ever need 4 years ago.
You must not have been around during Hunt v Helms, or Gantt v Helms... or Gantt v Helms 2 even for that matter...

But Civilized thinks the polls have been accurate up until the one "fluke" in 2016...

I do think that Cooper will win in NC though... those Tarheel Blue ties and signs will pull him through. Kind of like a Typo.

But Sleepy Joe might as well be declared DOA in the old North State.

It. aint. happening. here. or Texas. or Georgia.
packgrad
Apologies if this has been posted here or elsewhere on the forum, but this is hilarious. And spot on.

Pacfanweb
Mormad said:

packgrad said:

Disgusting behavior
That's absolutely ridiculous. They were simple celebrating one of the biggest accomplishments a woman can make in government.
What's been very clear is this: I've seen Republicans all saying nice things about RBG and how "even though we might disagree she was one hell of a lady", things to that effect.

But the left cannot do the same for ACB.

Then Youtube recommended to me for some reason, a debate between Reagan and Mondale. It was basically funny quips by Reagan. Downright friendly, compared to what we see today.

People have forgotten how to act.
Civilized
Pacfanweb said:

Mormad said:

packgrad said:

Disgusting behavior
That's absolutely ridiculous. They were simple celebrating one of the biggest accomplishments a woman can make in government.
What's been very clear is this: I've seen Republicans all saying nice things about RBG and how "even though we might disagree she was one hell of a lady", things to that effect.

Then Youtube recommended to me for some reason, a debate between Reagan and Mondale. It was basically funny quips by Reagan. Downright friendly, compared to what we see today.

It's obviously more complicated than that.

The act of RGB dying isn't partisan and people are almost universally deferrent to respecting the dead, across parties, societies, etc.

In sending that tweet, the Girl Scouts were encouraging their members to celebrate a highly contentious and partisan event in the midst of a fierce election cycle. Half the country or more thinks her nomination never should have even happened.

If the roles were reversed, you'd be hearing the exact same stuff from the right. There's no way the right would be magnanimous about a highly liberal, contentiously nominated justice being congratulated by a youth organization their kid is in just two days after she was approved.

ETA: Case in point, was the right magnanimous about Kamala being tapped as VP? That was decried as racist by the right on this board and elsewhere.

Was ACB being tapped as the next justice a sexist nomination since Trump only considered women?
Civilized
WPNfamily
Civilized said:

Pacfanweb said:

Mormad said:

packgrad said:

Disgusting behavior

It's obviously more complicated than that.

The act of RGB dying isn't partisan and people are almost universally deferrent to respecting the dead, across parties, societies, etc.

In sending that tweet, the Girl Scouts were encouraging their members to celebrate a highly contentious and partisan event in the midst of a fierce election cycle. Half the country or more thinks her nomination never should have even happened.

If the roles were reversed, you'd be hearing the exact same stuff from the right. There's no way the right would be magnanimous about a highly liberal, contentiously nominated justice being congratulated by a youth organization their kid is in just two days after she was approved.

ETA: Case in point, was the right magnanimous about Kamala being tapped as VP? That was decried as racist by the right on this board and elsewhere.

Was ACB being tapped as the next justice a sexist nomination since Trump only considered women?

The girl scouts are celebrating a woman! You know GIRL scouts, a WOMAN. Damn this cancel culture and their feelings.

Social media gives to many idiots a platform. I miss the 90's and 2000's.
Civilized
WPNfamily said:

The girl scouts are celebrating a woman! You know GIRL scouts, a WOMAN. Damn this cancel culture and their feelings.

So the right would have celebrated a liberal woman nominated and approved under these circumstances, especially as much as they decry identity politics?

Sure they would have.
cowboypack02
Pacfanweb said:

Mormad said:

packgrad said:

Disgusting behavior

I was listening to Tom Lambert yesterday on 103.7 and he did a call with the Trump Women bus. RBG came up and all of the ladies there were very complementary of what she had accomplished.

The left talks about diversity and holding up minorities and women, but in all actuality that only happens if those people will hold the mantle for causes that the left believe in. Any individual thoughts and disagreements with the group think there at all really leads to quite a bit of ugliness by the folks who claim to support everyone.

I hope everyone noticed last week how 50 cents was treated when he brought up that he was voting for Trump. You had a white woman go after a black man about his beliefs very publicly and no one blinked an eye....now imagine if that same scenario played out with a black man saying he was going to vote for Biden and a white republican woman went after him for it.....we'd still be hearing about it this week......folks on the left only care about your diversity if you have a lack of diversity when it comes to your beliefs....
cowboypack02
Civilized said:

WPNfamily said:

So the right would have celebrated a liberal woman nominated and approved under these circumstances, especially as much as they decry identity politics?

Sure they would have.
I heard a group of Trump supporting women, including Lara Trump and Ronna McDaniel, celebrating the accomplishments of RBG just yesterday afternoon.

I have never seen a group of republicans go after a woman the way that democrats have for thinking something different....
WPNfamily
Civilized said:

WPNfamily said:

Sure they would have.
I am not saying that. I am saying that cancel culture is bull***** I am saying that a group like girl scouts taking that down because of the left or right is down right stupid! Left and right are both radical in ways. but being names to the supreme court is a HUGE accomplishment. Girl scouts have it right.
ncsualum05
packgrad said:

Apologies if this has been posted here or elsewhere on the forum, but this is hilarious. And spot on.

That is awesome. Great ad. I've heard her speak before I guess she's part of the next conservative wave of commentators. Pretty hot too if I do say so.
Civilized
cowboypack02 said:

Civilized said:

WPNfamily said:

Sure they would have.
I heard a group of Trump supporting women, including Lara Trump and Ronna McDaniel, celebrating the accomplishments of RBG just yesterday afternoon.

I have never seen a group of republicans go after a woman the way that democrats have for thinking something different....

RBG isn't the proxy. She's older, and she died. It's easy to be magnanimous about that; there was nothing contentious or partisan about her death.

Kamala is a far better proxy, although ACB is even more contentious than Kamala since she was nominated and approved essentially unilaterally by one party. In a presidential election both parties have a fair opportunity to show up and vote a candidate in.

If Biden/Harris win, a tweet two days later from the Girl Scouts congratulating Kamala on becoming the first black female vice president would be met with the same type of complaints from the right, even moreso probably because we all know identity politics are sexist/racist.
Cthepack
Cthepack
Civilized
Cthepack said:

Kamala is ridicules for her actions and what she supports. If the Girl Scouts congratulate her half the country would be upset because they would interpret the Girl Scouts ti support kamal's beliefs.

The Girl Scouts had to take a post down for congratulating ABC and your defense is not due to ACB's beliefs but what was done to get a Supreme Court judge In place at this time.

Huge difference.

ACB's nomination was not simply a procedural concern. She worries the left because of her extremely conservative past writings and rulings.

How is the Girl Scouts congratulating ACB not seen as analogous? They're supporting the nomination of an extremely conservative judge to the bench, using contentious means during a nasty general election battle. With Kamala they'd be celebrating the election of a very liberal senator as vice president.
IseWolf22
Civilized said:

cowboypack02 said:

Civilized said:

WPNfamily said:

Sure they would have.

RBG isn't the proxy. She's older, and she died. It's easy to be magnanimous about that; there was nothing contentious or partisan about her death.

Kamala is a far better proxy, although ACB is even more contentious than Kamala since she was nominated and approved essentially unilaterally by one party. In a presidential election both parties have a fair opportunity to show up and vote a candidate in.

If Biden/Harris win, a tweet two days later from the Girl Scouts congratulating Kamala on becoming the first black female vice president would be met with the same type of complaints from the right, even moreso probably because we all know identity politics are sexist/racist.
The girl scouts should be able to voice support for anyone they choose, including ACB and Kamala. Both are a big deal to women in their own way.
Outrage culture has gone too far. I see it everywhere now, right and left.
Civilized
IseWolf22 said:

Civilized said:

cowboypack02 said:

Civilized said:

WPNfamily said:

Sure they would have.

The girl scouts should be able to voice support for anyone they choose, including ACB and Kamala. Both are a big deal to women in their own way.

Of course they should be. I don't care if they support ACB or Kamala; I think both are worth supporting in their own way.

I've also said several times on here that my gut is that ACB will be a good judge and I'm not bothered by the Pubs ramming her nomination through with Trump in office. There's precedent for it, and it's their prerogative to do so.

I just have zero surprise that the most partisan amongst us complained about it, and I'm quite sure in this highly charged, partisan environment the right would do the same if the Scouts congratulated Kamala for becoming vice president if she pulls it off.
packgrad
Civilized said:

IseWolf22 said:

Civilized said:

cowboypack02 said:

Civilized said:

WPNfamily said:

Sure they would have.

Of course they should be. I don't care if they support ACB or Kamala; I think both are worth supporting in their own way.

I've also said several times on here that my gut is that ACB will be a good judge and I'm not bothered by the Pubs ramming her nomination through with Trump in office. There's precedent for it, and it's their prerogative to do so.

I just have zero surprise that the most partisan amongst us complained about it, and I'm quite sure in this highly charged, partisan environment the right would do the same if the Scouts congratulated Kamala for becoming vice president if she pulls it off.

You're tying yourself in quite the knot to say "but I think the right would do it too." The reasonable people on the left need to stop justifying this behavior.
jkpackfan
Excellent numbers on the economy today, wonder if it's enough to make a difference this late?
Civilized
packgrad said:

You're tying yourself in quite the knot to say "but I think the right would do it too." The reasonable people on the left need to stop justifying this behavior.

Reasonable people on both sides of the aisle need to stop justifying this behavior no matter which side of aisle it comes from.

The left doesn't corner the market on bad or hypocritical behavior despite what you'd think reading the Water Cooler.
packgrad
More liberalism. If he voted for Biden, it wouldn't be "divisive" at all.

cowboypack02
packgrad said:

More liberalism. If he voted for Biden, it wouldn't be "divisive" at all.

That is the reason that Clay Travis trolls him....and he has earned every bit of the trolling that he gets
Wolfmac
92% for Trump...wow

BTW, Trump 2020

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.