Trump Biden Polls

72,534 Views | 810 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Civilized
Mormad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If i could only be so unsuccessful...
cowboypack02
Civilized said:

SupplyChainPack said:

cowboypack02 said:

PackBacker07 said:

Twitter is committed to stopping misinformation. Especially an obvious Rudy Guliani attempt to throw chaos into an election less than a month out. If you don't like it, leave twitter.

Can't deny the above, so deflect to BuT BiDeN!1! It's so easy.
Nope....you don't get to play that after the willingness of Twitter and Facebook to allow things that hurt Trump to run freely for the last three years.

This includes stories on his taxes that were illegally leaked, the Atlantic story a month or so ago that was disproven, anything that Adam Schiff said about having proof that Trump and his family broke the law, the dossier that was proven unverified, the russia collusion hoax that we have found out came from the Clinton campaign. All of these were allowed to run for years with no proof, and no one had any complaints about it.

The only thing that Twitter and really any of the social media companies are committed to doing what they can to influence the election in a way that benefits their beliefs....

Since these companies have moved into actually editing the stories that are on their platforms and pushing an agenda its time for them to lose their section 230 protections and be treated as such

Agreed. They have forfeited that.

I'm so ready for the next Republican president so that Democrats will either have to admit that Big Tech/the MSM is just in the bag for liberals no matter the merits of the candidate, or Republicans will have to acknowledge that Big Tech/the MSM treated Trump differently with justification because Trump is a free press-attacking, authoritarian, norm-breaking asshat.

I need one of those two things to happen, though; I'm so tired of Republicans acting like Trump is some normal guy in office that the MSM is out to skewer just because he's a Republican, and of Democrats seizing on every little thing he does wrong because they hate the guy.

So Pubs, please do us all a favor find a legitimate politician to represent your party next time around and not a trashy impulsive child masquerading as a successful businessman and subversive politician. Let's see if Nicki Haley gets treated this way, for instance.
Its not just Trump....Its pretty obvious that the Big Tech is out to cover for democrats in general and go after republicans.

I've also got some more bad news for you.....the reason that people voted for Trump last election was because he wasn't a politician. I guess you just prefer your politicians sleazy, unethical, and racist....like Biden
cowboypack02
Civilized said:

packgrad said:

He is 100% a legitimate politician. Because you don't like him does not make him illegitimate. I would love to see what you consider a "successful businessman" is if you do not consider Trump to be a successful businessman. Hell, throughout the world, he was considered one until he ran for President as a Republican.

Why you need to kick the can down the road to see if Big Tech/MSM is in the bag for liberals is very head in the sand. Just go to ANY MSM website and look at the coverage of the 2 different town halls and tell me how they are covered. Hell, watch Trump's town hall and compare to Biden's town hall and tell me they are not in the bag. Look at the protests from NBC talent because Trump was even given a town hall.

Not liking the president is not an acceptable excuse for Big Tech and MSM's behavior.

In what ways does Trump exhibit effective political leadership?

Calm and effective leadership through crisis?
A relationship-fosterer, sometimes across the aisle?
Is he policy-driven?
Can he understand the nuance of complex subjects?
Is he a consensus-builder?
Does he inspire loyalty amongst staff?
Does he work effectively with others that don't agree with him or kiss his ass?
Is he engaging? Affable? A good listener? Emotionally inspiring?
Is he patient enough to effectuate sometimes controversial long-term goals?
Does he view people that don't agree with him as a challenge to be worked around/through, or as the enemy?

I consider a successful businessman someone who hasn't had six entities declare bankruptcy from getting way over-leveraged, for starters. Then you have fraudulent Trump University, Trump Airlines, Trump Vodka or whatever that was, etc. By the mid-90's he'd claimed over $1 billion dollars in losses on tax returns, and we all now know about his recent returns.

The man is a self-promoting shyster. He's only been considered a successful businessman because he's a very successful self-promoter. He makes development fees on the vig and his investors and financiers take a bath (and he often does too, as judged by his taxable losses).
I'm gonna give you some quotes from out last president...who i didn't hear anyone criticize and not reaching across the aisle and a consensus builder:

"Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day, I won"
"We don't mind Republicans joining us. They can come for a ride, but they gotta sit in back of the bus"
"I've got a pen and i've got a phone....and I can use that pen to sign executive orders and take executive actions and administrative actions"

Way to reach across the aisle and build a consensus with people that may disagree with you.

Guess its better than Biden telling people that they dont deserve to hear his opinions on things
Civilized
SupplyChainPack said:

Right from Trump's election, dems announced that they would #resist.

They meant it, in spades.

If there are problems with working to solve America's problems, and move us forward, the issue clearly lies with them, not the President.

The cool thing is, the President has built a stunning list of accomplishments without their help, and often even without the help of many in his own party.

It's strange that an incumbent president with a 'stunning' list of accomplishments may get rode out of Washington on a rail, isn't it?

packgrad
Civilized said:

SupplyChainPack said:

If there are problems with working to solve America's problems, and move us forward, the issue clearly lies with them, not the President.

The cool thing is, the President has built a stunning list of accomplishments without their help, and often even without the help of many in his own party.

It's strange that an incumbent president with a 'stunning' list of accomplishments may get rode out of Washington on a rail, isn't it?

Every incumbent "may get rode out of Washington on a rail" before the election. But, Trump. I know.
Civilized
cowboypack02 said:

Its not just Trump....Its pretty obvious that the Big Tech is out to cover for democrats in general and go after republicans.

I've also got some more bad news for you.....the reason that people voted for Trump last election was because he wasn't a politician. I guess you just prefer your politicians sleazy, unethical, and racist....like Biden

We'll see when the next Republican is in office.

If you're right, they'll treat Nikki Haley the same way they treated Trump.
Civilized
packgrad said:

Civilized said:

SupplyChainPack said:

Every incumbent "may get rode out of Washington on a rail" before the election. But, Trump. I know.

Not every incumbent with a "stunning" list of accomplishments.

Incumbents seeking re-election win re-election 70% of the time. If you're an incumbent with a "stunning" list of accomplishments, that should bump up to an absolute lock for victory, right?

packgrad
You're grasping at straws.
cowboypack02
Civilized said:

cowboypack02 said:

We don't have to wait for the next presidential candidate....we can look at the last one.

The media absolutely went after Romney in 2012 for every little thing they could. The moderators of one of the debates argued with him, Joe Biden told black folks that Romney "is gonna put you back in chains".....

Civilized
cowboypack02 said:

Civilized said:

cowboypack02 said:

We don't have to wait for the next presidential candidate....we can look at the last one.

The media absolutely went after Romney in 2012 for every little thing they could. The moderators of one of the debates argued with him, Joe Biden told black folks that Romney "is gonna put you back in chains".....

Romney? Romney? Gimme a break man.
Pacfanweb
The media goes after Trump harder because he hits back so often. But they still have gone after Republicans way out of proportion do anything they've done against Democrats. Other than a slight pause after 9/11, they went after W pretty vigorously.
They gave Obama a pass almost across the board. There were plenty of things they could called him on and chose not to. That's even been reported in the press before by some of their own.

They are 100% in the tank for the Democrats, and Trump has only made that more clear. The next Republican that is elected they will still go after... But if that person is a little more laid-back in defending themselves than Trump is, it probably will not be so obvious. But it will still be there.
packgrad
Media systemic democratism.
Civilized
Pacfanweb said:

The media goes after Trump harder because he hits back so often. But they still have gone after Republicans way out of proportion do anything they've done against Democrats. Other than a slight pause after 9/11, they went after W pretty vigorously.
They gave Obama a pass almost across the board. There were plenty of things they could called him on and chose not to. That's even been reported in the press before by some of their own.

They are 100% in the tank for the Democrats, and Trump has only made that more clear. The next Republican that is elected they will still go after... But if that person is a little more laid-back in defending themselves than Trump is, it probably will not be so obvious. But it will still be there.

100% agree with there being bias present.

But bias, and what we've seen the last four years, are two different things.

Trump doesn't simply defend himself.

When he proposes government retribution against news outlets and reporters that's not defense. That's attacking the Free Press, and news outlets and reporters respond in predictable ways to him threatening their livelihood and a staple of our democracy. No other president has handled the media that way. No one.

Sometimes it's unfair on the part of the media. Sometimes it's because he's completely full of ***** Often it's more mundane, either because the media asks him pointed questions he doesn't like or because someone is calling him out on his normal Trump-style bloviating.

What we've watched play out is a highly toxic relationship. Different people will apportion blame in different ways, often depending on their politics, but everyone can see that this is very much a two-way street. Neither Trump nor the MSM is solely to blame.

Bas2020
Uhhhhh did you not watch the Kavanaugh hearings ?

The media & Democrats are nasty & vile folks . The whole world watched that treatment .

They will do that to anyone who dares to disagree with them . Trump or anybody else .
Civilized
Bas2020 said:

The media & Democrats are nasty & vile folks . The whole world watched that treatment .

They will do that to anyone who dares to disagree with them . Trump or anybody else .

Yeah I did. My impression was that Kavanaugh was a total d-bag and he had credible allegations of sex assault emerge. That's not going to make for softball questioning from Dems and the media.
packgrad
Civilized said:

Bas2020 said:

Yeah I did. My impression was that Kavanaugh was a total d-bag and he had credible allegations of sex assault emerge. That's not going to make for softball questioning from Dems and the media.

Lol. You are definitely part of the cult.
Pacfanweb
Civilized said:

Bas2020 said:

Wait.... you think the allegations against Kavanaugh were credible, but the evidence currently being uncovered against Biden is not?
GuerrillaPack
LOL. That's hilarious. The allegations against Kavanaugh were a COMPLETE JOKE.
packgrad
Pacfanweb said:

Civilized said:

Bas2020 said:

Wait.... you think the allegations against Kavanaugh were credible, but the evidence currently being uncovered against Biden is not?

No. Those are Russia.

Lolol
Pacfanweb
I mean seriously... Not a single one of the allegations against Kavanaugh were remotely credible.
Hell a couple of the ones that were not credible really weren't even a big deal if they HAD been credible.
Bas2020
GuerrillaPack said:

LOL. That's hilarious. The allegations against Kavanaugh were a COMPLETE JOKE.

Civilized has completely discredited himself with that statement . I don't know how anybody could be that mentally warped to watch the Kavanaugh circus and not be disgusted .
GuerrillaPack
So they believe those laughable allegations against Kavanaugh...but you have tons of VIDEO of Joe Biden groping, sniffing, and molesting numerous women and young girls in public...and "ho hum nothing to see here".
Steve Williams
Staff
Civilized said:

Pacfanweb said:

When he proposes government retribution against news outlets and reporters that's not defense. That's attacking the Free Press, and news outlets and reporters respond in predictable ways to him threatening their livelihood and a staple of our democracy. No other president has handled the media that way. No one.

Sometimes it's unfair on the part of the media. Sometimes it's because he's completely full of ***** Often it's more mundane, either because the media asks him pointed questions he doesn't like or because someone is calling him out on his normal Trump-style bloviating.

What we've watched play out is a highly toxic relationship. Different people will apportion blame in different ways, often depending on their politics, but everyone can see that this is very much a two-way street. Neither Trump nor the MSM is solely to blame.

The free press is one thing but I don't believe that exists any longer (at least not in the way that it was intended). The free press has transformed into PACs. It's no secret that the lion's share of media do all of the heavy lifting for the Democrats, free of charge.The boundaries that the media constantly crosses in an effort to convince Americans to believe in what they (the media) want Americans to believe in is probably the No. 1 issue for me personally. The media's job should be to tell the news, free of bias. Sadly, that ended long ago.
ciscopack
John Kelly, Former WH COS about Trump: "the depths of his dishonesty is just astounding to me. The dishonesty, the transactional nature of every relationship, though it's more pathetic than anything else. He is the most flawed person I have ever met in my life."

SupplyChainPack
Steve Williams said:

Civilized said:

Pacfanweb said:

The free press is one thing but I don't believe that exists any longer (at least not in the way that it was intended). The free press has transformed into PACs. It's no secret that the lion's share of media do all of the heavy lifting for the Democrats, free of charge.The boundaries that the media constantly crosses in an effort to convince Americans to believe in what they (the media) want Americans to believe in is probably the No. 1 issue for me personally. The media's job should be to tell the news, free of bias. Sadly, that ended long ago.

No doubt about it.
Civilized
SupplyChainPack said:

Steve Williams said:

Civilized said:

Pacfanweb said:

No doubt about it.

LOL, no doubt about what?

The free press doesn't mean free from bias.

It means free from government interference. Trump threatening media outlets is as unpatriotic and unconstitutional as him threatening to limit free speech.
GuerrillaPack
How has Trump "threatened" the Leftist Establishment Lamestream media? Calling them out as the LIARS that they are is not a "threat". Trump is not trying to silence them or stop their right to speak. That is what the Left does. The Left (e.g., Big Tech) are the ones banning and censoring and silencing conservatives and right-wing press. As usual, the Left projects the crimes that THEY are committing, and accuses others of what THEY are doing.

The communist Left (via Big Tech) is waging a war to attempt to silence all right-wing press in this country, and eventually censor and silence every conservative voice on the internet. Their ultimate goal, as they have already done in many other nations all over the world, is to enact "hate speech" laws that criminalize right-wing views.
Civilized
GuerrillaPack said:

How has Trump "threatened" the Leftist Establishment Lamestream media? Calling them out as the LIARS that they are is not a "threat". Trump is not trying to silence them or stop their right to speak. That is what the Left does. The Left (e.g., Big Tech) are the ones banning and censoring and silencing conservatives and right-wing press. As usual, the Left projects the crimes that THEY are committing, and accuses others of what THEY are doing.

Big Tech is private, GP. They can conduct their businesses as they see fit.

Freedom of the press is the responsibility of the government, not private industry.
TraCha4
Our own US media is our biggest enemy. Really sad and scary where we are right now. Very slippery slope.
GuerrillaPack
Civilized said:

GuerrillaPack said:

Big Tech is private, GP. They can conduct their businesses as they see fit.

Freedom of the press is the responsibility of the government, not private industry.

Of course I understand, in general, that a private website can censor whoever they want and not be in violation of any laws. But this is NOT the case with the Big Tech social media companies. Per Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, in order to maintain immunity they are not able to censor users for their views and "edit content" (in which they act as a publisher). Per this law, Big Tech is supposed to act as a public commons and allow all views, and not censor and edit content and act as publishers.

But even putting the issue of the legality or illegality of this censorship aside...my main point is that the communist Left does not support freedom of speech. Wherever they get power, they will enact policies and laws to censor the right-wing.
GuerrillaPack
TraCha4 said:

Our own US media is our biggest enemy. Really sad and scary where we are right now. Very slippery slope.
And this is because those who own and run the Establishment press and media (as well as the Big Tech social media companies) are ideological socialists/Marxists. All modern Leftist movements (including the Democrat party) are ideologically rooted in Marxism. And most conservatives are finally starting to realize this, as is evident in the current social discourse, with Biden/Harris and other prominent Democrats (eg, AOC, Bernie Sanders) being self-admitted socialists or being called out as such.

Communism/Marxism is an extremely dangerous and destructive ideology. Only a few decades ago in this country, it used to be near universally recognized as such and condemned. The goal of Marxism, in a nutshell, is to establish a society where the ruling elite (the "State", 1%) have total power over the masses (99%) -- controlling all aspects of their lives (the economy, wages, health care system, education, speech, religion, etc). It is totalitarianism, justified as being done "for the greater good". But in reality, it is yet another political system used by the elite to oppress, exploit, and enslave the masses and gain total control over them.

Unbeknownst to many, the United States has ALREADY been on a steady creep over the last several decades towards becoming a socialist society -- with Marxist infiltration of all of our major institutions in society (government, universities, media, etc). For instance, we already have the government (elite) taking near total control of education of children, and trying to take over total control of the health care system. The Democrat party and the Left in America used to conceal their Marxist ideology and goals. Now they are starting to admit it. Their next step is to transform America fully into a socialist society (as they have already done in most European nations) -- eg, with a total government takeover of the health care system ("one payer" system), enactment of mass gun bans and disarmament of the population, and enactment of "hate speech" laws to silence the right-wing so that no one can oppose the Leftist agenda.

TraCha4
With everything that we have gone through in 2020, it's amazing how some people can't see how quickly your freedom can be taken away with a country run by Democrats.

Not to mention the fundamental difference in beliefs of being a Christian vs what the Democratic Party says is acceptable in this world.
Civilized
Since the original intent of this thread was to discuss the polls, I figured I'd post periodic updates we can go back and deconstruct post-election.

Using 538's polling averages and forecast model as of 10/17 morning update:

Nationally, Trump 41.8%/Biden 52.4%
Trump wins 12 in 100/Biden wins 87 in 100

In NC, Trump 45.9%/Biden 49.0%
Trump wins 34 in 100/Biden wins 66 in 100

Biden +7.8% in MI
Biden +6.8% in PA
Biden +7.7 in WI
Biden +3.8% in AZ

Tillis 47.2%/Cunningham 50.2%
Tillis wins 34 in 100/Cunningham wins 66 in 100.

For comparison, Trump had a 29% forecast chance of winning in 2016 so his odds this time around are currently a little less than half of what they were four years ago.

Nationally Biden has been pretty consistent at ~ +10.5% the last week.

The races in PA and AZ are tightening; MI and WI have been more steady.

Fully expect most races to tighten between now and election day. NC and Arizona will likely draw into a dead heat and PA will likely continue closing. Will be fascinating to see how this evolves over the next couple of weeks.
TopsailWolf
The question Biden got asked about the 8 year old who wants to be a boy is peak radical left awfulness. An eight year old who needs written permission to go on field trips and needs to hold an adults hand to cross the road is ready for the ramifications of changing their gender. What are we doing?
Civilized
TraCha4 said:

With everything that we have gone through in 2020, it's amazing how some people can't see how quickly your freedom can be taken away with a country run by Democrats.

Not to mention the fundamental difference in beliefs of being a Christian vs what the Democratic Party says is acceptable in this world.

You people act like our country has never been run by Democrats before.

By my count, we're still pretty darn free. When I woke up and walked outside on this beautiful Saturday morning, this didn't feel much like communist China.

What are all these mythical ways the Democrats have stolen our freedoms in the Carter, Clinton, and Obama presidencies?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.