Ginsburg RIP

13,379 Views | 134 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Civilized
SupplyChainPack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Thanks for reminding me.

Dems will absolutely try to destroy Barrett, but because she is a woman, and is beyond reproach, they know it's going to be tougher to make it stick - even with their simple-minded followers.

So they will be add vicious attacks on Graham, McConnell, and Trump this time - in an attempt to impune the entire process.

But it will still be the classic scorched earth, ruin people's lives kind of strategy.

caryking
I don't hold Lindsey Graham high in any regard. In fact, if I were South Carolinian, I would want to primary him out, if possible. I only use his statement in reference to the current situation. Whether you like Graham or not, in which I'm not a fan, his comment is a reasonable approach from an opposing party.
SupplyChainPack
It's official!

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/09/26/donald-trump-nominates-amy-coney-barrett-to-the-supreme-court/
caryking
If she is anything close to Scalia, she will be the justice we have, in my opinion.
Civilized
As long as she abides by SC precedent I've got no issue with this.
SupplyChainPack
Like Dred Scott?
IseWolf22
I still think Republicans are being incredibly hypocritical, but we could do a lot worse than Barrett on the SC.

I do not like Donnie, but Gorsuch may be the best things he's done in office.
SupplyChainPack
An interesting analysis of level of agreement/disagreement of the justices amongst themselves.

https://politicsandprosperity.com/2020/07/11/the-supreme-court-a-scorecard/
packgrad
IseWolf22 said:

I still think Republicans are being incredibly hypocritical, but we could do a lot worse than Barrett on the SC.

I do not like Donnie, but Gorsuch may be the best things he's done in office.

Only the Republicans are being hypocritical?
IseWolf22
packgrad said:

IseWolf22 said:

I do not like Donnie, but Gorsuch may be the best thing he's done in office.

Republicans won and got their way the first time around. Democrats lost, so of course they are going to change course when the roles are reversed.

If Democrats succeeded and placed Garland on the supreme court, there would be a lot less controversy around the current nomination.
IseWolf22

Duplicate Post
SupplyChainPack
IseWolf22 said:

packgrad said:

IseWolf22 said:

Republicans won and got their way the first time around. Democrats lost, so of course they are going to change course when the roles are reversed.

If Democrats succeeded and placed Garland on the supreme court, there would be a lot less controversy around the current nomination.

Nope. Libs would be losing their minds either way. Wouldn't make the slightest difference.
Civilized
Democrats corner the market on political histrionics, huh?
SupplyChainPack
What I said was that libs would be losing their minds either way.

And they would.

Come on, man!
IseWolf22
Civilized
Ha! I hear you.
82TxPackFan
IseWolf22 said:

packgrad said:

IseWolf22 said:

The Democrats have no one but themselves to blame as they are in this position because of Harry Reid's (& the rest of the Senate Democrat's) decision to use the "nuclear option" to eliminate the 60 vote rule to close debate. This will almost certainly allow ACB to be confirmed to SCOTUS.
Cthepack
Was thinking about this and thought the best thing the blue team could do is to confirm ACB. She is going to be confirmed so why not go ahead and vote to confirm?

I see some senators are not going to meet her. How childish is this? Even if you are not going to vote to confirm why would you not meet her. As Mrs Obama said, Take the high road!
Pacfanweb
Cthepack said:

Was thinking about this and thought the best thing the blue team could do is to confirm ACB. She is going to be confirmed so why not go ahead and vote to confirm?

I see some senators are not going to meet her. How childish is this? Even if you are not going to vote to confirm why would you not meet her. As Mrs Obama said, Take the high road!
They never took the high road. Obama was almost as petty as Trump, he just didn't tweet and knew how to STFU in front of a camera. But in private, he was pretty arrogant and petty.

"Elections have consequences. I won.", remember?
cowboypack02
Pacfanweb said:

Cthepack said:

They never took the high road. Obama was almost as petty as Trump, he just didn't tweet and knew how to STFU in front of a camera. But in private, he was pretty arrogant and petty.

"Elections have consequences. I won.", remember?
Republicans can come for the ride, but they had to sit at the back of the bus....

I've got a pen and a phone that I can use to take executive and administrative actions.....

One of the things that I'm going to be talking to my Cabinet about is how do we use all the tools available to us, not just legislation, in order to advance a mission that I think unifies all Americans....

Obama never took the high road...he just wasn't as in your face about it as Trump is. That and the media ran interference for him on anything that he said that could potentially make him look bad.

Maybe all of the journalist liked Obama because you've got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guys.....shoot...my fault....that's what Biden said about him
SupplyChainPack
LOLS! That was a clean and articulate post!
cowboypack02
SupplyChainPack said:

LOLS! That was a clean and articulate post!

Thanks!

I didn't even touch on the Obama admin spying on reporters such as Sheryl Atkison and James Rosen. Figured what I posted stood on its own
SupplyChainPack

Take a Guess What This Massive RBG Portrait in D.C.'s New 'Female Empowerment' Hotel Is Made Of

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/paula-bolyard/2020/10/11/take-a-guess-what-this-massive-rbg-portrait-in-d-c-s-new-female-empowerment-hotel-is-made-of-n1034569

Bell Tower Grey
SupplyChainPack said:

Take a Guess What This Massive RBG Portrait in D.C.'s New 'Female Empowerment' Hotel Is Made Of

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/paula-bolyard/2020/10/11/take-a-guess-what-this-massive-rbg-portrait-in-d-c-s-new-female-empowerment-hotel-is-made-of-n1034569

I'd say "unbelievable" but the way this year has unfolded so far, nothing much is a surprise anymore. Hand painted tampons....I guess hillary's will be done with strap on dildos.
SupplyChainPack
More than likely.

And hand painted jockstraps for Michelle 0.
SupplyChainPack

Live coverage on the debate and vote for Ginsberg's replacement....

https://www.c-span.org/video/?477226-1/us-senate-set-vote-judge-amy-coney-barrett-nomination-730-pm
SupplyChainPack
Vote is under way now.
SupplyChainPack
......and she's confirmed!

Praise the Lord!
DrummerboyWolf
SupplyChainPack said:

......and she's confirmed!

Praise the Lord!

America won today. Hopefully she can win next Tuesday too!!
Being an N. C. State fan builds great character!
SupplyChainPack

It looks like Justice Barrett will be jumping right into the fire.

Lots of big time cases coming up - including likely appeals related to the the coming election.

God be with her as she takes up this critical position in such a fiery time.
Civilized
SupplyChainPack said:

It looks like Justice Barrett will be jumping right into the fire.

Lots of big time cases coming up - including likely appeals related to the the coming election.

God be with her as she takes up this critical position in such a fiery time.

Trial by fire for her, for sure.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.