Trump/Biden debate

33,653 Views | 387 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by caryking
packgrad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Civilized said:

IseWolf22 said:

Bas2020 said:

Rule of thumb - the guy who more voters are excited to vote for wins .

Unless the mail in ballot scam pushed by social media companies works then Trump wins because pubs will show up on Election Day . Nobody is walking or driving in cold weather to vote for Biden if they aren't excited to do so.

You're underestimating the number of people who are strongly anti Trump. In 2016 more people on both sides were motivated by being against the opponent, rather than for their candidate. That'll happen again for 2020. But Trump's base hasn't gotten any larger and the opposition has.

Maybe Trump wins. Maybe he loses. But if he loses its not just because of the "mail in ballot scam." That is stupid

He's not going to lose because of actual mail in fraud, he's going to lose because his hollow accusations of fraud are going to keep the older GOP base away from the polls altogether.

Republicans need mail-in as bad as Democrats but they've cut their legs out from under themselves with their baseless accusations of fraud.

Mitch McConnell knows this and has tried to manage Trump's blathering about mail-in but Trump is unmanageable.

I think the claim that the older gop base is going to be kept away from the polls is a baseless claim. It is certainly not supported by his rallies.
GuerrillaPack
I didn't watch the debate. But from hearing some commentary on it, I understand that Chris Wallace was heavily biased against Trump and in favor of Biden. I predicted that before the debate. All Lamestream Establishment media is communist/Leftist, including FauxNews. FoxNews is controlled opposition. They PRETEND to be conservative, but they only support pro-Establishment fake conservative RINOs.
cowboypack02
Packchem91 said:

packgrad said:

I'm willing to do anything. I want to see peace.
But he didn't. He didn't call out white supremecists. He didn't call out Proud Boys.

It was the classic non-answer answer.
Lets go to the transcript...

WALLACE: "Are you willing tonight to condemn the white supremacist and militia groups..."

TRUMP: "Sure..."

WALLACE: "And to say that then need to stand down and not add to the violence in a number of these cities as we saw them in Kenosha, and as we're seen in Portland"

TRUMP: "Sure, I'm prepared to do it, but I would say almost everything I see is from the left-wing not from the right-wing. I'm willing to do anything. I want to see peace..."

WALALCE: "Then do it, sir."

BIDEN: "Do it, say it."

TRUMP: "What do you want me to call them? Give me a name."

WALLACE: "White supremacist and right-wing militias"

BIDEN: "Proud Boys"

TRUMP: "Proud Boys, stand back and stand by. But i'll tell you what, somebody has got to do something about Antifa and the left.

Couple of points here:
  • Proud boys are the worse white supremacist group i've ever seen...especially since a quick google search shows that the group was founded and put together by a black man
  • I haven't had a chance to go back through all of the transcripts yet, but from this exchange the debate was 2 on 1, which is about what I expected unfortunately
  • Proud Boys aren't the one's burning down cities and going after journalist and people eating in restaurants. The left wing group Antifa is doing that.
  • When Biden was asked about Antifa he just called it an idea. Those guys are well organized, have their own symbols, training videos online, have flags, and their members identifty as Antifa. Wallace didn't go after Biden at all for it...Chris Wallace should never do a debate again, and if he does the republican candidate should refuse to participate
  • Trump wasn't allowed to answer the initial question past his first comment of "sure". Maybe Wallace should of let him finish before he kept going

Steve Williams
Staff
Few points that stuck out

- Trump saying for proud boys to stand back and stand by. This was very disturbing to me. Personally, I think what Trump meant to say was stand down and just screwed it up.

- Biden wanting to implement a national mask mandate.

- Trumps attack on Biden's son crossed the line IMO.

- Trump asking Biden to name one law enforcement org that supported him and Biden having no response

- Biden (to me) definitely has some cognitive stuff going on. It really appears to come out when he starts dealing with numbers.

All in all, a **** show. Listened to a little of NBC, CNN afterwards and their absolute hate for Trump was obvious although to be fair, he makes it pretty easy for them.

I'm really afraid there's going to be some serious issues come election day.

packgrad
I don't think Biden's son was talked about enough. It certainly would have been a larger topic in the debate had it been Don Jr, Ivanka, or Jared.
Packchem91
packgrad said:

I don't think Biden's son was talked about enough. It certainly would have been a larger topic in the debate had it been Don Jr, Ivanka, or Jared.
And frankly, all of that...is part of our problem today. If the candidates' child is running for position in office, that's one thing, but if just the child...that's where media (and people) go to far.
Either way.
packgrad
Packchem91 said:

packgrad said:

And frankly, all of that...is part of our problem today. If the candidates' child is running for position in office, that's one thing, but if just the child...that's where media (and people) go to far.
Either way.

Disagree. Have you looked into the allegations involving his son? They are completely relevant.
cowboypack02
caryking said:

Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

Packchem91 said:

Again, he isn't losing his base, his goal should be to move some of the undecideds.
I heard one pundit tonight say getting undecided's wasn't the goal. He wanted to do the following:

• Get his own base more mobilized
  • Get Biden on record to not support some of the radical agenda of the left. Ex: Green New Deal

If that was truly the goal, then he may have accomplished it. I thought the debate, in general, was a disaster. I think people who like to feel good, will like Biden's approach of talking directly to the camera. I think people who like a fighter will like Trumps grit throughout the whole debate.

I think most Americans, the middle 70-80%, watched that and were disgusted. IF they even made it thru it.

Sounds like you were in the 20-30%... like I said above, if true, then he may have accomplished his goal. Just look at the responses, on here, from Trump supporters.

The disaster I saw was from Wallace. A number of points were just not followed up on when they could have: Supreme Court, green new deal, Hunter Biden's involvement in Russian money, The new revelations about Hillary's campaign and Biden's involvement.

Then, Wallace continued the false narrative about Charlottesville. Please, everyone, go back and read or watch what was exactly said by Trump.

I think the revelations, this week, are exactly what's wrong with our country. This government was truly out to squash Trump from the very beginning and Biden knew about it the whole time. That's what's truly disgusting!!!
A few things happened tonight that caught my eye.
  • I don't think that Biden can say that Trump was the only one on stage who was acting unpresidential. After calling Trump a clown and telling him to shut up several times it wasn't a good look and people are going to notice that
  • Trump was Trump. The interrupting and the rambling on is what Trump does and its already baked into everything. Nothing changes there
  • Biden and Wallace giggling together about something negative about the Trump is only going to energize Trump's base. The guy lives off saying that the media is against him and Wallace gave him all of the powder he needs to last the rest of his time in office.
  • The "non-answer" about condemning white supremist from Trump is going to look bad as it gets played out in the media, even through Trump didn't have a chance to really answer the initial question before Biden and Wallace went in on him
  • The "Antifa is just an idea" quip from Biden was just as bad, if not worse...but no one will talk about that
  • Biden came off half way coherent during the debate. The only reason that i say halfway is because every time Biden started to mumble and stumble with his words where he was going to look back Wallace jumped in to save him.
  • The debate was absolutely 2 vs 1
  • Trump I think did a good job of showing a separation from Biden and a lot of the democrat party. Things that all of the democrats have talked about such as the New Green Deal and packing the Supreme Court have been staples of the Democrat party. The fact that Biden didn't give his stance isn't going to ride well I don't think.
  • The fact that Biden said that he didn't want to answer the question about packing the courts because he doesn't want to make the story about his opinion is a joke. He has answered that way about the court packing several times and it looks bad. He is quite literally being voted on for his ideas
Bas2020
Biden's son is fair game because his dad arraigned it all. It's also a national security risk when you son is getting wired millions by Russians .

They bungled 150 million of tax payer money with one of his sons schemes .
Packchem91
cowboypack02 said:

Packchem91 said:

packgrad said:

But he didn't. He didn't call out white supremecists. He didn't call out Proud Boys.

WALLACE: "Are you willing tonight to condemn the white supremacist and militia groups..."

WALLACE: "And to say that then need to stand down and not add to the violence in a number of these cities as we saw them in Kenosha, and as we're seen in Portland"

TRUMP: "Sure, I'm prepared to do it, but I would say almost everything I see is from the left-wing not from the right-wing. I'm willing to do anything. I want to see peace..."

TRUMP: "Proud Boys, stand back and stand by. But i'll tell you what, somebody has got to do something about Antifa and the left.

Couple of points here:
  • Proud boys are the worse white supremacist group i've ever seen...especially since a quick google search shows that the group was founded and put together by a black man
  • I haven't had a chance to go back through all of the transcripts yet, but from this exchange the debate was 2 on 1, which is about what I expected unfortunately
  • Proud Boys aren't the one's burning down cities and going after journalist and people eating in restaurants. The left wing group Antifa is doing that.
  • When Biden was asked about Antifa he just called it an idea. Those guys are well organized, have their own symbols, training videos online, have flags, and their members identifty as Antifa. Wallace didn't go after Biden at all for it...Chris Wallace should never do a debate again, and if he does the republican candidate should refuse to participate
  • Trump wasn't allowed to answer the initial question past his first comment of "sure". Maybe Wallace should of let him finish before he kept going

Are you saying that is a call out? I can see this in parenting....hey son, I can't believe you lied to me, you are in huge trouble. You better stand back and stand by.
Son.."oh no dad, I can't believe you have said something so terrible about me and disowned me by saying those words".

Look....the sad thing about Trump is, the job growth realized by blacks, he COULD have been a far greater champion of the black people. He could have rallied more of them to support him against "another old school Dem who was in power for decades while we suffered".
Instead, it seems like at every opportunity, whether unintentional goofiness of words (maybe Charlottesville) or singling out Antifa while looking the other way at white supremacy groups, he has fed into this divide that has nearly eroded any potential support from the black vote.
Civilized
Steve Williams said:

Few points that stuck out

- Trump saying for proud boys to stand back and stand by. This was very disturbing to me. Personally, I think what Trump meant to say was stand down and just screwed it up.

- Biden wanting to implement a national mask mandate.

- Trumps attack on Biden's son crossed the line IMO.

- Trump asking Biden to name one law enforcement org that supported him and Biden having no response

- Biden (to me) definitely has some cognitive stuff going on. It really appears to come out when he starts dealing with numbers.

All in all, a **** show. Listened to a little of NBC, CNN afterwards and their absolute hate for Trump was obvious although to be fair, he makes it pretty easy for them.

I'm really afraid there's going to be some serious issues come election day.

Agree with all your bullet points.

I think Trump just botched what he was trying to say about the proud boys. He's a moron, but I don't think he's so stupid as to actively call them to arms.

Trump using Hunter's drug addiction as a political prop on a national stage was the low point. Cruel and I'm sure especially off-putting to women/mom voters.

Biden handled that attack very well, Not losing his cool and explaining that yes, he's batted addiction and that he's very proud of his son.
FlossyDFlynt
The only thing this debate convinced me of is that I should take a break from social media. In fact, I deleted everything off my phone this morning.

As for the debate itself, it went exactly how I thought it would, which is why I didnt waste a second of time watching it
SupplyChainPack
Yes. Hunter biden isn't an elementary school age child worrying about his next history test.

He's got a history so disgusting, it's hard to believe he's not doing hard time in a federal prison.

But he's relevant to the debate because he is a key part of the Biden crime family. His daddy has used his powerful position to trade American policy and tax payer money for sweetheart do-nothing deals with foreign countries in exchange for millions and millions of dollars being pumped into his bank account.

This is also a backdoor way for Joe to enrich himself.

Personally, I don't think American foreign policy should be determined by how much money gets funnelled to the VPs family.

Learn more about the Biden crime family here:

"How five members of Joe Biden's family got rich through his connections"

https://nypost.com/2020/01/18/how-five-members-of-joe-bidens-family-got-rich-through-his-connections/

cowboypack02
Packchem91 said:

cowboypack02 said:

Packchem91 said:

packgrad said:

Couple of points here:

Are you saying that is a call out? I can see this in parenting....hey son, I can't believe you lied to me, you are in huge trouble. You better stand back and stand by.
Son.."oh no dad, I can't believe you have said something so terrible about me and disowned me by saying those words".

Look....the sad thing about Trump is, the job growth realized by blacks, he COULD have been a far greater champion of the black people. He could have rallied more of them to support him against "another old school Dem who was in power for decades while we suffered".
Instead, it seems like at every opportunity, whether unintentional goofiness of words (maybe Charlottesville) or singling out Antifa while looking the other way at white supremacy groups, he has fed into this divide that has nearly eroded any potential support from the black vote.

Wallace quite literally asks Trump to tell white supremist to stand down...Biden chimed in and said the Proud Boys group...and Trump told the Proud Boys group to stand stand down. Trump did exactly what he was asked to do....you guys still complain about it.

You talk about black voters....Antifa is quite literally burning down whole parts of cities, including majority black communities, and Joe Biden just called it an idea....you don't say anything about that. Why is that?
Packchem91
cowboypack02 said:

Packchem91 said:

cowboypack02 said:

Packchem91 said:

packgrad said:

Couple of points here:

Wallace quite literally asks Trump to tell white supremist to stand down...Biden chimed in and said the Proud Boys group...and Trump told the Proud Boys group to stand stand down. Trump did exactly what he was asked to do....you guys still complain about it.

You talk about black voters....Antifa is quite literally burning down whole parts of cities, including majority black communities, and Joe Biden just called it an idea....you don't say anything about that. Why is that?
I said earlier in this thread last night -- and fully agree, Biden looks as bad for not calling out Antifa.

And I'm sorry, that statement is in no way a call out of any group -- we can agree to disagree if you think it is. I would loved to have seen both candidates get up there and list off several groups and indicate they will work with FED law enforcement to disrupt those organizations. But neither did it both ways. Both only poked the others eyes.....and so we go on divisively.
packgrad
Trump is asked if he's willing to condemn white supremacist groups. Yet nothing is said about www.antifa.com, a terrorist group's website, takes you to the Joe Biden for president campaign page.

caryking
I'm not well versed on Proud Boys, other than a few videos I've seen. Here's the questions:

• When did the Proud Boys form as a group?
  • Why did they form?
  • Who started the group?
  • What do they do, other than antagonize alternative groups?

Please try and keep these questions relevant to the facts and not opinions.
SupplyChainPack
Yes - pretty stunning.
packgrad
Trump asked about white supremacist groups, but Biden not asked about this.

cowboypack02
caryking said:

I'm not well versed on Proud Boys, other than a few videos I've seen. Here's the questions:

• Why did they form?
  • Who started the group?

I can answer the last two question for you (did a bit of research about it this morning because it kept coming up)

• A fellow named Enrique Tarrio started the group about the time of the last election...and just as an FYI...he ain't white.
  • From what I can see they quite literally were founded to antagonize far left groups such as Antifa.

Bas2020
Bas2020
ncsualum05
Thoughts....

1. I'm a Trump voter but Trump didn't do a good job tonight. He had a chance to hammer some good retorts in but focused more on interruptions and general attacks. I'm not sure what the goal or strategy was but I think you interrupt and go after someone at opportune times... not every single minute. Bad look for Trump.

2. Biden was bad too... calling Trump a clown, racist, telling him to shut up. Clearly Trump got under his skin which may have been the point for Trump going all jackass. Still don't agree with it. Debate was just a **** sandwich of shouting.

3. I don't think Trump meant to signal to some right wing army like people are saying. They both kept pressing him at the same time and he was denouncing. But I think it's ridiculous that Wallace would press Trump to denounce right wing stuff right now when the entire country is burning under left win violence. Why not ask Joe to denounce Antifa ... why did nobody bring up BLM? Only Trump brought up Antifa and Biden's answer was insane! So once again the left will not denounce their armies in the streets. Crazy!

4. Wallace was terrible. It was like 2 on 1 most of the night. He helped Biden at times and interrupted Trump a lot more than he did Biden. The question above in point 3 was ridiculous.

5. Unless you're a left winger these comments should worry you most tonight. That Biden would not acknowledge Antifa/ BLM issues, that he said he was not for green new deal then began talking about what it would do before then going back and saying he wasn't for it, and he would not answer the question about packing the supreme court. Those are extreme non mainstream American positions. Those alone disqualify him.

6. No winners last night. No needle moving from that. Bases will be content but that's about it.
griff17matt
cowboypack02 said:

caryking said:

• Why did they form?
  • Who started the group?

I can answer the last two question for you (did a bit of research about it this morning because it kept coming up)

• A fellow named Enrique Tarrio started the group about the time of the last election...and just as an FYI...he ain't white.
  • From what I can see they quite literally were founded to antagonize far left groups such as Antifa.

Gavin McInnes started the Proud Boys as a joke in 2016, though he has really tried to distance himself from them for the past few years. Tarrio appears to have replaced him in 2018.
cowboypack02
griff17matt said:

cowboypack02 said:

caryking said:

• Why did they form?
  • Who started the group?

Gavin McInnes started the Proud Boys as a joke in 2016, though he has really tried to distance himself from them for the past few years. Tarrio appears to have replaced him in 2018.
Thanks for that....i was just pulling what i could find from google
PackBacker07
Bas2020 said:

I strongly urge you to look into that. It's something Biden has worn everyday since his son passed away, not an aNtIfA welcome gift. But I'm sure someone as stand up as Nick Adams knows this already.
Y'all means ALL.
Bas2020
The funniest thing about this "election cycle" is the "Fact checkers".

They are Google, Facebook etc, and on the local level WRAL.

The alphabet group is one of the largest Biden Donors. WRAL is one of Roy Cooper/Bidens largest donors.

So we have "Big Tech" conducting bogus fact checks on your tv, phone, and internet services. The "fact chekers" are Biden campaign donors disguised as being impartial.

Im sure there are a ton of naive people going about their daily lives that have no idea they are being fooled.

BIG TECH is also actively trying to send ballots to every Instagram, Facebook and Tick Tock user. I wonder if they are doing that to "All" members or just targeting certain groups.

What a mess.
PackBacker07
Bottom line, when you are down 6-8 points nationally, you have to undoubtedly win over undecided voters, and sway some others. I'm not sure you can say Trump did either last night.
Y'all means ALL.
SupplyChainPack
Bas2020 said:

I think it's major issue that Biden couldn't get through the debate without being fed his responses to everything.

Was it a man or a puppet that was up there on stage
for the Dems last night?

ncsualum05
PackBacker07 said:

Bottom line, when you are down 6-8 points nationally, you have to undoubtedly win over undecided voters, and sway some others. I'm not sure you can say Trump did either last night.
I agree with you that he did not sway undecided voters but in reality he is not down 6-8 pts. I think both campaigns know this internally but we're going to have public polling that continues to spout that lie.
SexualChocolate
Just an FYI about Antifa as an idea...

Biden quoted Christopher Wray, the Trump appointed FBI Director.

"It's not a group or an organization. It's a movement or an ideology." Christopher Wray, FBI Director

https://apnews.com/article/donald-trump-race-and-ethnicity-archive-bdd3b6078e9efadcfcd0be4b65f2362e
SupplyChainPack
"Ideas" don't drive busloads of rioters into cities.
They don't drive U Hauls full of riot supplies into cities either.
They don't break windows.
They don't burn cars.
They don't throw bricks at cops.
And they definitely don't kill people.
ciscopack
SupplyChainPack said:

Bas2020 said:

I think it's major issue that Biden couldn't get through the debate without being fed his responses to everything.

Was it a man or a puppet that was up there on stage
for the Dems last night?

Looks like a Bic, ready to do some writing?

How the hell he kept from knocking Trump's block off is beyond me. I support turning the other mike off when the person whose turn it is....is talking. Trump made it a clown show and some of the world in laughing at us and the rest are shaking their head!
Bas2020
PackBacker07 said:

National polls don't matter .

If Trump wins Florida & Pennsylvania he wins the EC.
ciscopack
SupplyChainPack said:

"Ideas" don't drive busloads of rioters into cities.
They don't drive U Hauls full of riot supplies into cities either.
They don't break windows.
They don't burn cars.
They don't throw bricks at cops.
And they definitely don't kill people.

I say we get rid of Antifa and Proud Boys and anything close to them.....but I guess they're Americans too?

My list...

Hate Groups

940 on a map and NC is loaded

I was playing online cards last week and a guy came to the table flinging out all types of words. He said he was a member of Proud Boys. I asked him is that the male membership of Gay Pride and he left.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.