Raleigh Man/State Alum Missing

5,246 Views | 46 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Tootie4Pack
packgrad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Damn. My sincere condolences to those of you that knew him.
GuerrillaPack
I knew this was the likely outcome, but hearing the confirmation now...it immediately makes my blood boil.

Others have already touched on this, but if you are going to meet unknown people (especially to buy/sell something), you need to take extra precautions. Bring a friend, etc. And good people need to start open (or concealed) carrying their own firearms more regularly. That's our 2nd Amendment right -- to "keep and bear" firearms. To "bear" something is to carry it on your person.
Buzz
I'm sick. Rest in peace, old buddy.

You try not to speculate, but the mind runs wild. I'm starting to wonder if Andy may have tried to fight back or escape when things started going down. The endgame just doesn't make sense, especially if it happened in the car.

I hope Andy gave that mother****er hell as best he could.
GuerrillaPack
Buzz said:

You try not to speculate, but the mind runs wild. I'm starting to wonder if Andy may have tried to fight back or escape when things started going down. The endgame just doesn't make sense, especially if it happened in the car.

I was thinking about it yesterday what I would do in that situation. I know for sure that I would NEVER get in the car with the person. I would initially try to distract them and run away. Assuming it was daytime with other people within sight or earshot, I would take my chances that they would not fire on you as you tried to flee. Or, if they are blocking your path to flee and about to force you into the car, at that point I would take my chances trying to wrestle the gun out of their hands.
CLTWolf
I don't have the words to express just how awful this is. Such a good dude from a HUGE Wolfpack family and was such a great friend to many.

Life is so fkng short.

*Wolfpack Baseball - 2021 *NCAA COLLEGE WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!
*Congrats to the 10 win 2021 Wolfpack football team!
Buzz
GuerrillaPack said:

Buzz said:

I was thinking about it yesterday what I would do in that situation. I know for sure that I would NEVER get in the car with the person. I would initially try to distract them and run away. Assuming it was daytime with other people within sight or earshot, I would take my chances that they would not fire on you as you tried to flee. Or, if they are blocking your path to flee and about to force you into the car, at that point I would take my chances trying to wrestle the gun out of their hands.
You're assuming he pulled the gun prior, and I think most people would never get in a car in that situation. Andy flipped cars and motorcycles routinely, so it was probably really common for him to ride along on a test drive. He likely never had the chance to run.
SupplyChainPack
Whitetailpack said:

Sad news.

https://myfox8.com/news/officials-find-body-of-missing-raleigh-man-in-virginia/

Fry the one responsible for this.
82TxPackFan
My condolences & prayers go out to his family & each of his friends.

So much senseless violence these days.
Bas2020
Buzz said:

GuerrillaPack said:

Buzz said:

You're assuming he pulled the gun prior, and I think most people would never get in a car in that situation. Andy flipped cars and motorcycles routinely, so it was probably really common for him to ride along on a test drive. He likely never had the chance to run.

This. Im assuming it was a "test drive" situation.

I always assumed that it maybe involved more than one person though.

Was just thinking in my head that it had to be two people if this perp was driving the car with Andy in shotgun with an accomplice holding him hostage with a weapon from the back seat or something.

Just low life scum.

RIP Andy.
Packchem91
So sad. Just when you think you've turned the page on believing in capital punishment in almost every case due to a myriad of reasons....some SOB like this comes along. I get murders of passion, revenge, etc....but to plan a coordinated meet up, for what is essentially an ambush, is beyond redemption. That is absolute despicable behavior.

Second, this case also provides a good reminder for all of us....never meet anyone based on an online/phone interaction in some kind of random place.
Civilized
GuerrillaPack said:

Yeah I was thinking about this too.

I suspect he rode along on a test drive.

It's so easy to Monday Morning QB these things but damn I'd make someone send me a picture of their license before meeting and then meet them in the police department parking lot. If they're skeezy they ain't showing.

Or if they do, just hand them the keys and let them test drive it by themselves. I assume that even if you're flipping cars on the side the cars are insured.

Such a horrible and senseless outcome, I'm so sorry for Andy and his friends and family.
ciscopack
SupplyChainPack said:

Whitetailpack said:

Sad news.

https://myfox8.com/news/officials-find-body-of-missing-raleigh-man-in-virginia/

Fry the one responsible for this.
Terrible news! I figured that would be the case. RIP Andy!

Tie a rope around the guy's neck and feet and let him use his arm strength and hands to stay up and drive around the Raleigh beltline at 2 MPH. If he keeps himself up after 1 full lap, let him go. Cremate the remains.
Tootie4Pack
Such a sad ending. I did not know Andy but his face looked so familiar. I told my wife I had to have seen him at Wolfpack ballgames.

Our thoughts and prayers to his family and friends. It is apparent from the outpouring of comments about Andy that he was loved by all that knew him.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.