Raleigh Man/State Alum Missing

5,242 Views | 46 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Tootie4Pack
Bas2020
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.cbs17.com/news/local-news/wake-county-news/police-investigate-after-family-friends-report-raleigh-man-missing/

He went to Cameron Village at 2pm on a Saturday to sell his vehicle.

Looks like a possible abduction or foul play. Please spread the word around the entire State of North Carolina. Finding or spotting his vehicle would be helpful in hopefully finding him.
statefan91
Hope they find him safe and sound but it doesn't sound good.

Always recommend for any in-person transaction that you go to meet in the parking lot of a police station. That usually filters out anyone that has bad intentions.
FlossyDFlynt
Got a text about this yesterday as he is a friend of a friend. Trying to see if I can get plate information on the car. If I do, Ill pass it along
Buzz
This is a buddy of mine from high school...very concerned about him and this situation. He's a very sociable dude so for him to go missing yesterday was very concerning, but then to learn the details behind it...my heart dropped.

Got some information from mutual friends that the car was spotted near Danville, VA last night, and apparently the people he was communicating with for the sale used a burner phone. Obviously all concerning developments.

As the OP said, he's a State alum and a huge Pack fan. Really hoping for the best here, but man it doesn't sound good.
Whitetailpack
Man, you just can't help but to think of worse case scenario with new details emerging.

Hope he's found safe.
Civilized
Terrible news. Hate hearing this. Most all of us have been there, and you never think there's a chance you may not come home.

Hoping for the best...
PackBacker07
Y'all means ALL.
Steve Williams
Staff
Just praying this has a positive outcome. I'm friends with his brother Mark on FB and I can't imagine what they must be going through.
Buzz
^Yeah Steve, I know this has to be killing Mark and the family...he and Andy are close. Really feel for them. I was wondering if Mark was a poster here or not. As you said...praying hard for a good outcome.
NCSUWarrior
I'm friends with Andy and Mark. This whole thing is terrible. I'm hoping for a miracle.
SupplyChainPack
Praying he turns up safe and sound
CLTWolf
I ran in some of the same social circles as Andy in college and right after. Just a super nice guy and I'm hoping for the best. I just can't imagine what his family is going through right now. Just awful.
*Wolfpack Baseball - 2021 *NCAA COLLEGE WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!
*Congrats to the 10 win 2021 Wolfpack football team!
Pacfanweb
A man has been arrested in connection with the stolen vehicle.

https://www.cbs17.com/news/local-news/wake-county-news/virginia-man-arrested-in-connection-with-raleigh-mans-disappearance/

Merritt faces charges of robbery, larceny of motor vehicle, and possession of a firearm by convicted felon in connection with the stolen vehicle, Raleigh police said.
statefan91
Terrible - hopefully just a robbery of the car and not something worse. Hope he turns up soon.
Pacfanweb
It should be legal to waterboard somebody like this in order to find out where a missing person is, especially when you catch them early on.
Bell Tower Grey
Pacfanweb said:

It should be legal to waterboard somebody like this in order to find out where a missing person is, especially when you catch them early on.
Too easy. A lit welding torch to the nuts, right from the start.
Civilized
Bell Tower Grey said:

Pacfanweb said:

Too easy. A lit welding torch to the nuts, right from the start.

Get medieval on his ass.
cowboypack02
Does anyone have any news here?
Wolfer79
cowboypack02 said:

Does anyone have any news here?

car found
person arrested for suspected car theft
Mr Banks has not been seen or heard from since Saturday
Buzz
Officially now investigated as a homicide. So freaking sad.

https://abc11.com/andy-banks-disappearance-now-considered-a-homicide-police/6425429/

Ripper
No mercy for this killer. Prayers to the family.
GuerrillaPack
We need to properly implement the death penalty in this country -- not with the person being executed years/decades later after a long, drawn-out appeals process. If a potential criminal knows that the worst that can happen to them (when they commit murder, rape, etc) is to just spend a few years or decades in prison (with 3 hot meals and a cot), this is not enough of a deterrent. Nor is it justice. The death penalty should be administered only a few days after the conviction.

SupplyChainPack
Buzz said:

Officially now investigated as a homicide. So freaking sad.

https://abc11.com/andy-banks-disappearance-now-considered-a-homicide-police/6425429/

Crap
Civilized
Just brutal.
wilmwolf
Such a waste, killing someone for a material possession. Prayers for his family.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
cowboypack02
I fully support folks being drawn and quartered for such things.

GuerrillaPack
cowboypack02 said:

We need to bring back public executions. Seriously. After a speedy trial, whoever is guilty of this should be publicly executed a day or so later. The death penalty enforced in this way would be a huge detterent to crimes like this.
Steve Williams
Staff
If the worst comes to pass and I pray it doesn't, I just hope they don't offer a plea deal to this piece of waste.
cowboypack02
Steve Williams said:

If the worst comes to pass and I pray it doesn't, I just hope they don't offer a plea deal to this piece of waste.

I'm all for offering the guy either a public execution or the plea deal of going to jail for the rest of his life.
TopsailWolf
Where did my post go?
Ncstatefan01
And people say this guy is nuts...what are they thinking?!
GuerrillaPack said:

cowboypack02 said:

We need to bring back public executions. Seriously. After a speedy trial, whoever is guilty of this should be publicly executed a day or so later. The death penalty enforced in this way would be a huge detterent to crimes like this.
Whitetailpack
Sad news.

https://myfox8.com/news/officials-find-body-of-missing-raleigh-man-in-virginia/
Whitetailpack
Whitetailpack said:

Sad news.

https://myfox8.com/news/officials-find-body-of-missing-raleigh-man-in-virginia
Ripper
Something similar happened to my cousin in Mazatlan Mexico a few years ago. Very sad. This should not be happening in Raleigh and Southern VA.
statefan91
Whitetailpack said:

Sad news.

https://myfox8.com/news/officials-find-body-of-missing-raleigh-man-in-virginia/
Terrible. Killed for a car. Feel so bad for the family.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.