Wake to wear BLM on their helmets this season

32,229 Views | 316 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by cowboypack02
Gost8
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.tigernet.com/update/Wake-Forest-to-display-Black-Lives-Matter-on-helmets-against-Clemson-36211
CLTWolf
your linky poo doesn't work.

Here's one that's not from that gawdawful tigernet site...

https://journalnow.com/sports/college/wfu/wake-forest-to-display-emblems-black-lives-matter-on-helmets-this-season/article_9fd4cfa4-f2ec-11ea-b097-bb0f7b10d998.html
*Wolfpack Baseball - 2021 *NCAA COLLEGE WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!
*Congrats to the 10 win 2021 Wolfpack football team!
statefan91
Sounds good

- Good way to continue to drive awareness for an issue they feel strongly about
- I believe the majority of their players are black so obviously something important to them
- Peaceful way to protest and raise awareness
Glasswolf
Glad they are doing it. Hope we follow along
Wlfpackamk
If only the organization actually backed what the intention of the phrase is. Over $1 Billion dollars donated and not one penny has helped a community. They have some nice buses though.
YouPeople
Clemson is going to destroy them like Antifa has destroyed Portland.
Gost8
If State does anything like this my 35 year WPC membership comes to an end.
Wolfpack
Good for them. They're free to do what they would like. Freedom works both ways.
73PackFan
I am all for support of the cause, but BLM is not a good organization. They have killed and destroyed more black businesses than anyone.
statefan91
Gost8 said:

If State does anything like this my 35 year WPC membership comes to an end.
Oh no....
wilmwolf
While I don't support the stated goals of that particular organization, I support the players right to support whichever causes or organizations they see fit, though I hope that that right extends broadly and not just to certain causes or organizations. I can support my team and the players on my team without agreeing with everything they say or do. I also support the right of the fan or consumer to tune out if they so choose.
FlossyDFlynt
wilmwolf80 said:

While I don't support the stated goals of that particular organization, I support the players right to support whichever causes or organizations they see fit, though I hope that that right extends broadly and not just to certain causes or organizations. I can support my team and the players on my team without agreeing with everything they say or do. I also support the right of the fan or consumer to tune out if they so choose.
This is where I am. I look at this the same way I look at jersey selection. I have my preferences, but if the players want a certain jersey for a certain game, fine by me. Its their choice
GuerrillaPack
wilmwolf80 said:

But professors at most universities can't even voice their support for certain causes or organizations (ie, right-wing causes and organizations) without being fired. And that applies to not just professors, but to many jobs in our nation.

This "freedom" of speech and right to express ones views seems to only apply in one direction in many cases.
"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
ncsualum05
Disgusting. I hoped our colleges would stay above the fray. I won't watch pro sports anymore. Not sure what I'm going to do if the ACC starts parroting this.

I'll say it again... disgusting!
Colonel Armstrong
Are they supporting BLM the phrase or BLM the organization? Big difference
packfan1221
I don't care which it is. This is America. They have free speech and free press. So I dont care. I'm glad they are exercising their constitutionally protected freedoms. You can choose to feel however you want to. Just applaud the exercising of the freedoms they have been awarded.
statefan91
ncsualum05 said:

Disgusting. I hoped our colleges would stay above the fray. I won't watch pro sports anymore. Not sure what I'm going to do if the ACC starts parroting this.

I'll say it again... disgusting!
Byeeeeeeeeee. ESPN has professional cornhole coverage you can watch once you've decided you won't watch any sports where black people dare voice their opinion on social issues.
statefan91
73PackFan said:

I am all for support of the cause, but BLM is not a good organization. They have killed and destroyed more black businesses than anyone.
That seems hyperbolic but sure they have
FLWolf

It has become a gang and bully mentality on how this is done. There are much better organization for minorities that are actually doing things to help them.

So next year, can they support Make a wish foundation on the uniforms. I know BLM is the cool thing now to wear.

BLM has become a catch phrase with no real cause behind it-I am all for supporting organizations that are doing things to help minorities. Have some teeth behind something that matters.

Brigand
GuerrillaPack said:

wilmwolf80 said:

But professors at most universities can't even voice their support for certain causes or organizations (ie, right-wing causes and organizations) without being fired. And that applies to not just professors, but to many jobs in our nation.

This "freedom" of speech and right to express ones views seems to only apply in one direction in many cases.
Exactly, there is no freedom of speech in the world of the leftist including and especially on campuses and that is fast becoming the same in the corporate world unless your speech is far left talking points. Then you are enlightened and "woke" which is the imperative.
Francis
King Leary said:

This is the big issue. Many are upset because the black athletes and coaches will not differentiate from the 2. When I see BLM on uniforms, shoes, helmets, etc.. that's telling me they support Marxist/Terrorist organization. Maybe most are uninformed, but sure its dividing people into different camps. I'm sure 100% of Pack nation agrees with the phrase, but it sure would be nice if Kevin Keatts would make a statement on how they really feel?
statefan91
Francis said:

King Leary said:

This is the big issue. Many are upset because the black athletes and coaches will not differentiate from the 2. When I see BLM on uniforms, shoes, helmets, etc.. that's telling me they support Marxist/Terrorist organization. Maybe most are uninformed, but sure its dividing people into different camps. I'm sure 100% of Pack nation agrees with the phrase, but it sure would be nice if Kevin Keatts would make a statement on how they really feel?
Can you let me know what terrorist attacks have been committed in the name of BLM? What were the death tolls? I can find a lot of terror events in the US due to right wing terrorism but let me know if you need me to track down that information for you.
Francis
statefan91 said:

Francis said:

King Leary said:

Can you let me know what terrorist attacks have been committed in the name of BLM? What were the death tolls? I can find a lot of terror events in the US due to right wing terrorism but let me know if you need me to track down that information for you.
Turn on the news!!! Cities are being burned and looted. People are getting assaulted, shot and a few instances killed. BLM has teamed up with Antifa and are supported by George Soros.
statefan91
LOL, ok Francis
Wolfpack
Francis said:

statefan91 said:

Francis said:

King Leary said:

Turn on the news!!! Cities are being burned and looted. People are getting assaulted, shot and a few instances killed. BLM has teamed up with Antifa and are supported by George Soros.
I thought we were told by our president that the news can't be trusted? I'm not sure what to believe anymore.
RedPooch33
My philosophy has always been: do whatever floats your boat, as long as it doesn't sink mine. So whatever makes you happy...
Starwolf
I have been a fan of college football for *insert number of years*. I will not participate in watching *insert alma mater*'s sports team anymore because they support a commie, left wing group, that promotes the destruction of our lives. Please stick to sports.
CLTWolf
Starwolf said:

I have been a fan of college football for *insert number of years*. I will not participate in watching *insert alma mater*'s sports team anymore because they support a commie, left wing group, that promotes the destruction of our lives. Please stick to sports.

Fast forward a couple weeks..."man did you see *insert black athletes name* play last week for *insert Alma mater*! He's so good, I can't wait to watch that team next week!!"

Wash, rinse and repeat.
*Wolfpack Baseball - 2021 *NCAA COLLEGE WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!
*Congrats to the 10 win 2021 Wolfpack football team!
GoPack2008
73PackFan said:

What do you consider to be the BLM organization, as opposed to the cause? I'm a little confused by the distinction you're making here.

What black-owned businesses have they destroyed? And who are you comparing them to?

This reads like a Fox News talking point rather than an actual understanding of what BLM is about. They do, of course, think black lives are more important than any business. And the BLM movement isn't trying to be popular, it's trying to push the public discourse.
Ground_Chuck
King Leary said:

There is no BLM organization in any meaningful way.
Borowolf10
Lmao this thread went off the rails in the most predictably quick fashion.
FourOaksWolf
Borowolf10 said:

Lmao this thread went off the rails in the most predictably quick fashion.

Lol, yeah, kind of like the COVID fights. I'll quickly take the detour.
CALS Alumni
packfan1221
GoPack2008 said:

73PackFan said:

What do you consider to be the BLM organization, as opposed to the cause? I'm a little confused by the distinction you're making here.

What black-owned businesses have they destroyed? And who are you comparing them to?

This reads like a Fox News talking point rather than an actual understanding of what BLM is about. They do, of course, think black lives are more important than any business. And the BLM movement isn't trying to be popular, it's trying to push the public discourse.

You can go to Kenosha or practically anywhere in the United States and see destruction of businesses from these protests. Its happened in Raleigh. They literally showed dozens of black owned businesses in Kenosha being destroyed. Several minority owned businesses were wrecked. And yes homeland terrorism is a thing. Ill support the constitution which allows you to peacefully protest anything you want. But the violence is senseless from all of these actions. The police brutality and downright trampling of American citizens constitutional rights has to stop. I don't care if you are democrats or republican. Neither one of them care about you or me. They can sell whatever they want you to buy. Money is what they always have and always will care about. The other 96% of those of us who are not making 6 figures, just don't get it.
howlie
statefan91 said:

Francis said:

King Leary said:

They are terrorizing white supremecists' knees with black necks who are calling for democracy and freedom for all. Disgusting!
GoPack2008
Ground_Chuck said:

King Leary said:

There is no BLM organization in any meaningful way.

This is my understanding as well. I don't know what it means to support a cause but not the organization when there is no central organization.

Makes me think people are reacting without understanding.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.