Russia, China or Jake Tapper?

1,321 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by ncsualum05
Bas2020
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Whom will try to influence the 2020 election more?

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/09/06/gop-house-campaign-arm-jake-tapper-meddling-house-races/

Tapper has been viewed by many as "leaning left" but most Americans gave him a fair shake and considered him a pretty fair reporter. Not any more. This just causes further distrust in the media. There seriously arent any reporters in this entire country that I trust to tell me the truth without bias. That is sad.
Packchem91
I'm not sure whether the referenced story is true or not, but who exactly has thought Tepper was a "middle-of-the-road" guy?
GoPack2008
This is like a bad parody of whataboutism, drawing a false equivalence between a dude who works on TV, and entire countries.

Since when is Jake Tapper anything more than a dude with an opinion? If a Fox News host did the exact same thing...nobody should care.
SupplyChainPack
Packchem91 said:

I'm not sure whether the referenced story is true or not, but who exactly has thought Tepper was a "middle-of-the-road" guy?

Several years ago he was one of the more straight reporter types - a left lean - but not as bad as most.

He left that behind a few years ago.

Now he's pretty much burned his rep to the ground.

But hey, I bet he gets invited to all the best cocktail parties!
packgrad
Just further illustrates how people linking from traditional media outlets like cnn, abc, etc is no different than linking to openly conservative outlets. Partisan activism is pervasive in their outlets.
Pacfanweb
Packchem91 said:

He's not as bad as some, from what I can tell. This article from 2017 he said this:

"The CNN host was then asked about criticism he's received over his reporting on "falsehoods" espoused by Trump administration.

"A lot of people on the left didn't like it before, and now they like it," Mr. Tapper replied. "I don't want to compare President Obama and President Trump on these issues because they're different, and the scale isn't even remotely the same. But President Obama said things that weren't true and got away with it more for a variety of reasons, and one is the media was much more supportive of him. The Obama White House thought I was self-righteous and a huge pain in the ass."

Exactly what I have said. Obama told plenty of lies in the press and almost never called him out on it.

Trump can tell you he ate four or five french fries with his dinner when he really ate 6 and the press will say he's lying about it.
PackBacker07
Breitbart!? No wonder our country is going to *****
Y'all means ALL.
ncsualum05
The democrats and the left have done more to damage the integrity of our elections than Russia or China could ever do.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.