Coronovirus Economic Recovery

1,090 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by caryking
SupplyChainPack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Yesterday's jobs report was excellent.

Dropping the unemployment rate by 1.8 percentage points in one report isn't something you see every day.

And this is happening while many states still have their states under lockdown/semi-lockdown.

We still have a ways to go - but we are strongly headed in the right direction....

----------------------------------

https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/august-jobs-report-coronavirus-pandemic-2020

"The Labor Department's payroll report released Friday showed the jobless rate fell sharply to 8.4%, down from 10.2% in June and a peak of 14.7% in April. It marks the first time since March that unemployment has been below 10%."

---------------------------------
WPNfamily
My business has seen a major uptick over the last 45 days. We make displays for retail and retailers are working hard to get people back in their stores. We have hired back 21 of the 37 we laid off already. The economy is very much onthe road to recovery. There is a TON of optimism in retail for 2021 and 2022.

I met with my executive team Monday and discussed with them why Wall Street doesn't reflect Main Street. They all looked shocked that Wall Street is totally speculative for future earnings. Wall Street in our segment already prices in major losses. I think retail is past the worst. We may hear more negative in retail in the news because they are behind waiting on public info. I can tell you the 30 major retailers we work with are in great shape and have all renegotiated their debt so they are liquid until 2024.

Jobs are coming back!
SupplyChainPack
That's great to hear. It really is. I love to hear about people getting back to work and businesses beginning to prosper again.
caryking
Jobs will continue to come back the quicker we end the restrictions. The economy was rolling prior to the virus and will roll again. The tax and regulation reductions allowed for the economy to roll. Trump was spot on in the policy he put forward and the Republican congress passed.

The country can not handle the world view of big government thinking people and parties. The Republicans can be bad enough; however, the Democrats take taxing and regulations to an all-new level of control. The recipe for success has been set, by Trump, now let's let it continue...

The story above is a microcosm of what is going on around the country, more so, in Republican governed states!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.