Cannon Hinnant Murder- Wilson, NC

12,370 Views | 84 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Bell Tower Grey
Bas2020
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Pretty wild that not only is the National media not covering this story, but @WRAL is practically ignoring it as well.

Your almost getting more coverage Internationally than you are nationally which is bonkers. And this is happening in our own backyard?

https://www.kmov.com/north-carolina-man-shot-and-killed-5-year-old-neighbor-while-he-was-playing-in/article_91d82f29-4bb6-5f7c-b8b7-526d4a40040b.html

This story is in the British papers but many outlets will not cover it here at home?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8619955/Mom-boy-5-shot-dead-neighbor-25-house-says-killer-rot-hell.html?ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490&ito=1490
statefan91
A quick google search for Darius Sessoms showed 3 links for WRAL. Unfortunately it seems pretty cut and dry that this man went and got a gun and killed this poor child. I have a 5 yr old and can't imagine, but not sure what additional reporting you'd like to see?

Many of us complain about the 24/7 news cycle, would be nice to not be reminded on a constant basis that such tragedies occur all around us.
1MANWOLFPAK
He's not black, or a felon, or high on drugs, or committing a crime so no need for media coverage or national outrage
Bas2020 said:

Pretty wild that not only is the National media not covering this story, but @WRAL is practically ignoring it as well.

Your almost getting more coverage Internationally than you are nationally which is bonkers. And this is happening in our own backyard?

https://www.kmov.com/north-carolina-man-shot-and-killed-5-year-old-neighbor-while-he-was-playing-in/article_91d82f29-4bb6-5f7c-b8b7-526d4a40040b.html
packgrad
statefan91 said:

A quick google search for Darius Sessoms showed 3 links for WRAL. Unfortunately it seems pretty cut and dry that this man went and got a gun and killed this poor child. I have a 5 yr old and can't imagine, but not sure what additional reporting you'd like to see?

Many of us complain about the 24/7 news cycle, would be nice to not be reminded on a constant basis that such tragedies occur all around us.

Two stories and a picture of the license plate. What type of reporting would have been done if the races were reversed? I think we all know the answer to that, but a quick google search does show it was mentioned a couple of times on the news in the last week.
Packchem91
statefan91 said:

Would also be nice if news agencies reported news based on the events, not based on the skin color of the victim and perp....and it's hard to look at the lack of coverage for this incident, and NOT think that those attributes affect the coverage.
statefan91
Luckily (or not) we live in a society where it's pretty easy to track down information so I will leave you guys to search for more information about this poor 5 yr old that was killed. I assume the police and justice system are doing their jobs and look forward to hearing about a Life Sentence for the killer.
griff17matt
My wife knows Bonny and Austin and they are kind of disgusted by the political bent the coverage of Cannon's murder has received. The fact of the matter is that no sort of reciprocal justice can or will be served. Their little boy is gone forever and trying to ***** on twitter that CNN isn't covering it does nothing to ease their grief.

Maybe, and go with me here a bit, they don't want to see their boy's name plastered all over the tv everywhere as a constant reminder that he was brutally murdered? Like, if this happened to your kid...fast forward or rewind time until they're 5...they are shot in the head riding their bike...would you want that plastered on Fox News and CNN? I have 3 kids and I would be beyond furious if the only way someone acknowledged their death was to point out the hypocrisy with CNN not covering it.

Also, please stop trying to co-opt the "say his name" thing. I think we can all agree that injustice should be fought against collectively as a society. It comes across, to me at least, as a way to demean or ridicule a meaningful way to shed light on cases that have not been prosecuted and fallen to the way side. I would have never known about the vast majority of them without people bringing those cases to the forefront. There are ways to demand justice and support his family in this time that don't involve playing politics with his life. Use sound judgment, please.
Bas2020
The media choses to divide us by race because they think that benefits them.

Pointing out their obvious hypocrisy is actually one of the best ways for Americans of all races to come together and wake up to what the media and others are doing to us all. Black, white, asian, hispanic etc.

If people arent aware, they will just keep believing the narrative .

When black people kill white people it is literally never considered a "hate crime". Eve Carson at UNC, this case, and hundreds of other.

When it is reversed almost no matter what the case is the media assumes with out fail that its because of "race".

That's the problem. The media never researches for evidence of motive... they rush to judge over and over and over again whatever outcome fits their narrative.

Statistically speaking black kill whites 3:1 in this country.... you would never have guessed that based on the media coverage.

packgrad
I didn't hear about this case until someone posted it with say his name hashtag.
Ripper
statefan91 said:

Luckily (or not) we live in a society where it's pretty easy to track down information so I will leave you guys to search for more information about this poor 5 yr old that was killed. I assume the police and justice system are doing their jobs and look forward to hearing about a Life Sentence for the killer.
Not the point. If colors were reversed this would be world wide news. The media are dishonest hypocrites. This is a sick racial hate crime.
cowboypack02
Justice should be swift and appropriate for what happened. I'd be more than happy to give the guys a 50 yard head start in a 200 yard open field....I'd nick him just enough that he had to lay there for a few days before the end came....
IseWolf22
This has been on ABC 11 pretty much every morning.

Have not seen anything national about it.
statefan91
Ripper said:

statefan91 said:

Not the point. If colors were reversed this would be world wide news. The media are dishonest hypocrites. This is a sick racial hate crime.
Unfortunately I am sure that a white person has killed a black child at some point. I'm sure it also made the news but in a quick google search I can't find any prominent instances. If you have any please share.
Packchem91
statefan91 said:

Ripper said:

statefan91 said:

Unfortunately I am sure that a white person has killed a black child at some point. I'm sure it also made the news but in a quick google search I can't find any prominent instances. If you have any please share.
I don't know....some of the recent "Karen" stories have been much more prominently covered, haven't they?
1MANWOLFPAK
You are being deliberately obtuse. Clearly he means if this were to happen now, during the current climate, and the races were reversed. There would be nonstop news coverage on every channel and Wilson would be burned to the ground
statefan91 said:

Ripper said:

statefan91 said:

statefan91
Whole lotta projection going on in here. Seems weird that we can't just be sad for the family and hope justice is served quickly.
WPNfamily
Holy **** this is tragic! I would be absolutely devastated if this was one of my girls. I am sick to my stomach about that families loss. Wow I am just at a loss right now. Screw the color part, this is just TERRIBLE!
packgrad
statefan91 said:

Whole lotta projection going on in here. Seems weird that we can't just be sad for the family and hope justice is served quickly.

Whole lotta trolling going on here too. Hope you're having fun.
statefan91
packgrad said:

statefan91 said:

Not at all - I have a 5 yr old and would be devastated if something like this happened. I also wouldn't want the story used as a pawn in the MSM but that's just me
packgrad
statefan91 said:

packgrad said:

statefan91 said:

Not at all - I have a 5 yr old and would be devastated if something like this happened. I also wouldn't want the story used as a pawn in the MSM but that's just me

We know. You "don't get it."
Pacfanweb
Packchem91 said:

statefan91 said:

Would also be nice if news agencies reported news based on the events, not based on the skin color of the victim and perp....and it's hard to look at the lack of coverage for this incident, and NOT think that those attributes affect the coverage.
It absolutely does.

Same reason WRAL stopped posting mugshot galleries.
Pacfanweb
1MANWOLFPAK said:

You are being deliberately obtuse. Clearly he means if this were to happen now, during the current climate, and the races were reversed. There would be nonstop news coverage on every channel and Wilson would be burned to the ground

That's just exactly right.

You'd have "news" people from every major media outlet there is down in Wiltson, reporting on it if the races were reversed.
GuerrillaPack
statefan91 said:

Justice is being served in the George Floyd case too. All 4 officers have been charged.

Seems weird that the far Left just couldn't be sad for the family and hope justice was served.

Instead we had 24/7 incessant hyping of the case from the far Left Establishment media over the entire nation, fueling a firestorm of nationwide rioting and terrorism to advance the Antifa/BLM agenda -- resulting in dozens of statues torn down, millions/billions in property damage, and now all universities and businesses sickeningly intimidated/coerced into pushing the BLM agenda.
"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
statefan91
I will have to check on it, but I believe people are allowed to protest due to this murder if they would like / feel it's warranted.
GuerrillaPack
statefan91 said:

I will have to check on it, but I believe people are allowed to protest due to this murder if they would like / feel it's warranted.
That's a nice deflection from the point I'm making.

The point is that it "seems weird" that the far Left thinks it's necessary and warranted to burn down the entire country over one man's death -- George Floyd.

Don't you think that "seems weird"??

Could you check on that for me? Put that on your "to check" list. Maybe double check that.
"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
packgrad
statefan91 said:

Maybe this thread is just that. And here you are trolling. Commendable.
GuerrillaPack
packgrad said:

statefan91 said:

But that's "weird" for you to be doing that.

But, on the other hand, if you were engaging in domestic terrorism by tearing down statues and burning down a city over this boy's death...I guess that would NOT "seem weird".

Oh, wait...that's only if you are a terrorist who tears down statues and burns down cities over another man's death. Then that's A-OK.

And then the name of your terrorist organization gets to be featured on the back of NBA jerseys and everywhere else.
SupplyChainPack
This was just him peacefully protesting, so no biggie.
statefan91
packgrad said:

statefan91 said:

Just because I disagree with you doesn't mean I'm trolling. Have you guys found any instances of a white man killing a black child that was covered nationally / caused protests / etc? Trayvon Martin is probably the only instance I can think of that wasn't police related but maybe there's more?
packgrad
statefan91 said:

packgrad said:

statefan91 said:

Just because I disagree with you doesn't mean I'm trolling. Have you guys found any instances of a white man killing a black child that was covered nationally / caused protests / etc? Trayvon Martin is probably the only instance I can think of that wasn't police related but maybe there's more?

You disagree that the news does not cover black on white crime the same as it covers white on black crime? That is shockingly ignorant. Trayvon Martin should be enough. Hell hes included in BLM. Totally against their rules, but ya know, we pretended Zimmerman was white (Caucasian, to avoid the deflecting semantics) for a while. I guess since he was neighborhood watching, he was essentially police. How about the duke lacrosse case? How about any of the bogus nooses? That enough?
Pacfanweb
^ Zimmerman is probably more hispanic than Kamala Harris is black.
He might be more black, even.
GuerrillaPack
statefan91 said:

packgrad said:

statefan91 said:

George Zimmerman is not white. He's clearly hispanic.

Yet, most "woke" people are so hyptnotized/brainwashed by the Leftist Lamestream media's propaganda, that they actually still believe that George Zimmerman is a white man.

Only in America can a brown man kill a black man...and it's still the "evil" white man's fault.

This shows you how VERY RARE it is for a white person to murder a black person in America. It so rarely ever occurs, that they have to twist and manipulate the "facts" (eg, Zimmerman case) to contrive such a case. And if you look at FBI stats which say that a "white" person killed a black person, most of those "white" perpetrators are individuals like Zimmerman, where the FBI has classified hispanics as "white".
WarrenPeace
Coworker knows the family. Said he was shot because he rode his bike through the guys yard.
SupplyChainPack
packgrad said:

statefan91 said:

packgrad said:

statefan91 said:

Not even a particle of a question about the MSMs race baiting coverage. That ship sailed long ago.

Anyone who attempts to dispute this at this point loses all credibility.

You disagree that the news does not cover black on white crime the same as it covers white on black crime? That is shockingly ignorant. Trayvon Martin should be enough. Hell hes included in BLM. Totally against their rules, but ya know, we pretended Zimmerman was white (Caucasian, to avoid the deflecting semantics) for a while. I guess since he was neighborhood watching, he was essentially police. How about the duke lacrosse case? How about any of the bogus nooses? That enough?

Not even a particle of a question about the MSMs race baiting coverage. That ship sailed long ago.

Anyone who attempts to dispute this at this point loses all credibility.

Pacfanweb
statefan91 said:

See, this is what happens. A black person has something perceived as unjust or outrageous happen to them (and sometimes these news items are even legit) and the country goes crazy.

From these incidents, many of which turn out to be bogus/faked/not properly represented, we've gotten the terms "BLM", "White privilege", "Woke", "Hands Up, Don't Shoot", etc.

All of which are total BS, honestly.

Yet when a black person does something that should spark outrage....white people aren't allowed to be outraged. Instead, we're told to "be quiet and be sad for the family". Etc.

And the fact of the matter is, the numbers are considerably slanted towards the latter incidents being more common, yet we're supposed to sit back and let them go.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.