Yellowstone

7,286 Views | 59 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Werewolf
JocoPack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
My parents had been pushing me for a while to watch this show and I finally broke down and bought the first two seasons on Prime last weekend. Started watching and couldn't stop and finished season 2 last night. Pretty damn good show. Definitely have to wait for the kids to go to bed before watching as it gets raunchy at times, but Costner's role as John Dutton is just great IMO. YouTube TV finally added the Paramount Network a couple of weeks ago so now I can get caught up on season 3. I thought the last couple of episodes of season 2 were a bit rushed but otherwise well done. Didn't know if anyone else here was watching it and if you haven't I highly recommend it if you can deal with the language and sexual situations.
statefan91
Can you give a quick synopsis?
packgrad
Best show on TV. Quibi had the first season free. Maybe 2nd too.

Extremely brief synopsis. Rancher trying not to lose his ranch. Costner is great. LOVE the wranglers probably the most. They give good breaks in providing belly laughs.

Rip is the man.
JocoPack
Like PackGrad said, rancher who owns the largest ranch in Montana trying to keep it that way. Tons of great scenery as well.

PackGrad, I want Rip on my side. That dude is BAD.
packgrad
JocoPack said:

Like PackGrad said, rancher who owns the largest ranch in Montana trying to keep it that way. Tons of great scenery as well.

My family loves that guy. From a Game of Thrones perspective, we watch every episode of that show on eggshells in regards to Rip.
Steve Videtich
Most of that show is shot here in Utah, outside of Park City. They have a big studio up there and the ranch is in Kamas, I believe.
packgrad
Steve Videtich said:

Most of that show is shot here in Utah, outside of Park City. They have a big studio up there and the ranch is in Kamas, I believe.

This is 100% the inside baseball info I need. I want to retire wherever they film these beautiful landscapes. Most certainly a ridiculous dream, but knowing where they filmed these beautiful mountains and valleys will certainly be appreciated when they draw my number.

I feel like the cinematography rivals the plot. Just beautiful.
Steve Videtich
packgrad said:

Steve Videtich said:

This is 100% the inside baseball info I need. I want to retire wherever they film these beautiful landscapes. Most certainly a ridiculous dream, but knowing where they filmed these beautiful mountains and valleys will certainly be appreciated when they draw my number.

I just looked it up. I guess THE actual ranch is in Montana. But, most filming is done in Park City. If you've never been, Park City and Heber Valley Utah are very beautiful places. Definitely worth a visit!
Packchem91
packgrad said:

Steve Videtich said:

Just visited Yellowstone and Grand Tetons with family earlier this month for first time in that area. Flew into Salt Lake and drove up. Frankly, the entire landscape was beautiful (mostly farmlands, and then mountains). But there are lots of areas out there that are just stunningly beautiful. Lots of the outdoorsy mountain scenery films are shot in Montana as well.
You could do a lot worse than settling out there and having views of the mountains. I was super-impressed.
JocoPack
I've unfortunately never seen GoT. I think I'd like it though.

Just looked up the guy that plays Rip, good Lord if they ever do a Josh Hamilton movie he needs to be the guy.
statefan91
Where is it steaming? I see Season 3 on YTTV, just wondering if there anywhere to catch up that's free.
Pack00
This is our favorite show on TV now......watch every Sunday night. You really want to like some of the characters (Beth and Rip) and then they up and kill someone.
bigeric
A piece of advice:

Don't cross ANY of the Duttons..

They took lessons from Rip.
Like I said, if you cant get hyped for the Carolina game, why are you here?
-Earl Wolff-
JocoPack
I ended up having to buy seasons 1 & 2. I swear when YTTV added the network the other week all three seasons were available for about 3 or 4 days. By the time I went to watch they were all gone. There may be another avenue to watch for free but I kind of got tired of looking and just ended up buying them. Hindsight says it was worth every penny. I think it was $20/season but I'll have them for good when I want a rewatch.
1MANWOLFPAK
Love Rip... but not sure how long he lasts. His character arch has come full circle.
JocoPack said:

JocoPack
Yeah I wasn't sure if he was going to make it to season 3 or not. I'm starting S3 tomorrow
jkpackfan
JocoPack said:

And Beth lol
waynecountywolf
jkpackfan said:

JocoPack said:

And Beth lol
"You are the trailer park, I am the tornado"
Beth Dutton
waynecountywolf
Payback last night.
packgrad
waynecountywolf said:

jkpackfan said:

JocoPack said:

And Beth lol
"You are the trailer park, I am the tornado"
Beth Dutton

Best character on tv.

I about fell out with this line.

"Oh Dad, the blushing was ****ed out of me years ago..."
Steve Williams
Staff
statefan91 said:

Where is it steaming? I see Season 3 on YTTV, just wondering if there anywhere to catch up that's free.
This. I ran into the same problem on YouTube. Really want to watch this.
waynecountywolf
Steve Williams said:

statefan91 said:

This. I ran into the same problem on YouTube. Really want to watch this.
Try On Demand- I know Sling has it there.
I am just here for the conspiracy theories
curmudgeon.zen
Seasons 1 and 2 are streaming on Peacock.
Log off. Go outside.
Pack00
So who will not make it to Season 4? Several possible deaths at the end of Season 3 Sunday night,
Steve Williams
Staff
curmudgeon.zen said:

Is this something you can download on your TV?
dogplasma
I'll have to give this a try since we have Prime. I'm not too much of a TV watcher but I'm tired of waiting for Better Call Saul and The Boys.
packgrad
Steve Williams said:

curmudgeon.zen said:

Yes.

My sister downloaded and watched seasons 1&2, then was able to catch up on season 3 with her current provider.

https://www.peacocktv.com/
TheStorm
It's also on OnDemand on Spectrum on Paramount Network...
curmudgeon.zen
Steve Williams said:

curmudgeon.zen said:

https://www.peacocktv.com/help/article/what-devices-and-platforms-are-supported-by-peacock

Peacock is NBC's streaming service. This ^^^ link has a list of devices and platforms it's available on. Unless I missed it, it appears the service is NOT supported on Roku devices or Amazon Fire devices, but IS supported pretty much everywhere else, i.e. apple 4k tv, android tv, chromecast, etc.

They have a free version that I am sure is littered with advertising, and I suspect the content may be limited. Then there is a $5/month version that gets you everything they offer WITH ads, and a $10/month version that is everything ad-free. They also give you a 7-day free trial. I haven't really seen anything else listed on there that I'm interested in, so I plan to cancel as soon as I binge seasons 1 and 2 of Yellowstone.
Log off. Go outside.
Packchem91
just finished S3 tonight. 20 years ago, any of us would have sworn up and down we were not watching "Dallas", because it was a soap opera. Well, by God, I'm in love with a soap opera now -- s3 even has a Dallas-type cliffhanger!

Rip is a bad man. I've sent messages to all my sons --- don't go screwing around with any cowboys.

I actually like Walker. Maybe in part because he's musically talented as well. And the old guy, Lloyd....holy heck, if ever the perfectly casted character walked out onto stage.

Read an interesting article about the music in Yellowstone, and how they have a music curator, and how some of the artists -- many of whom are not well known -- have had lots more success after their songs have played on the show. The real-life actor playing Walker, Ryan Bingham, being one of those.
Tobaccoroadsportscafe
I'm also a Walker fan. Great show.
Steve Williams
Staff
We've made it to the last episode of season 2. I have to say, this is probably one of the best series I've seen in a while. Beth and Rip are probably my two favorite characters but Beth, man, whoever comes up with her script- damn. LOL I would definitely recommend watching it although viewing options are pretty limited.
Pack00
Steve Williams said:

We've made it to the last episode of season 2. I have to say, this is probably one of the best series I've seen in a while. Beth and Rip are probably my two favorite characters but Beth, man, whoever comes up with her script- damn. LOL I would definitely recommend watching it although viewing options are pretty limited.
I agree with everything you have said....the show is very entertaining to say the least. Regarding Beth...find an interview with her and listen to her real accent. She is very talented.....
Steve Williams
Staff
I don't know if she's won any awards but man, she's good.
packgrad
Beth is amazing. She's evil, but endearing. What a character.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.