George Soros Involving Himself in NC Politics

16,994 Views | 96 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by SupplyChainPack
PackBacker07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
She did not win. Should that matter for a VP choice?
Y'all means ALL.
PackBacker07
I've heard Rice a bit also. And agree the media favorite is usually not the pick. Not flaming on robot Pence, but was he the choice a few months out for Trump? I honestly can't remember.
Y'all means ALL.
RunsWithWolves26
Will Harris stand by Biden even though he don't care about black people or about busing like she talked about in a debate? Are they good now? If Biden actually picked a normal, realistic VP, I could actually consider voting for him. If he picks anyone mentioned so far, there is no chance I vote for him and very little chance I vote for Trump. What a wonderful country to live in. 330 million people and not a damn person worth a **** to vote for.
IseWolf22
RunsWithWolves26 said:

Will Harris stand by Biden even though he don't care about black people or about busing like she talked about in a debate? Are they good now? If Biden actually picked a normal, realistic VP, I could actually consider voting for him. If he picks anyone mentioned so far, there is no chance I vote for him and very little chance I vote for Trump. What a wonderful country to live in. 330 million people and not a damn person worth a **** to vote for.

His choice should be someone who "does no harm" to his chances. Warren will turn off any moderate. Harris manages to both piss off the far left and anyone with Libertarian leanings.
Susan Rice has some of her own baggage. Conservatives will lay into her but I don't know if they will be effective or not. She has the bonus of being the only one under consideration who is actual friends with Biden.
I really haven't read up on the other choices (Duckworth, Bass, Demings, etc.)
bigeric
RunsWithWolves26 said:

Surely you can find someone to vote against.
Like I said, if you cant get hyped for the Carolina game, why are you here?
-Earl Wolff-
RunsWithWolves26
bigeric said:

RunsWithWolves26 said:

I will vote against both of them or just not vote for president. Local and state makes more of an impact for me and I've grown tired of voting for the lesser of two evils.
PackBacker07
Related re: Biden VP

Y'all means ALL.
IseWolf22
RunsWithWolves26 said:

bigeric said:

RunsWithWolves26 said:

I will vote against both of them or just not vote for president. Local and state makes more of an impact for me and I've grown tired of voting for the lesser of two evils.

Only voting to vote against someone is depressing. I
probably won't make my final decision for awhile but I'm strongly considering Jorgenson, the Libertarian. We need more parties. The two we have now largely suck
RunsWithWolves26
Apparently politico let it out that Biden has picked harris. If true, my vote won't be going that way. She's an absolutely terrible choice. To each their own I guess. Apparently his notes states "don't hold grudges against Harris." Lol. Damn I hope they have live debates this year. I can't wait to see trump and Biden debate. One will laugh and roll his eyes, saying random **** and the other will threaten to take him behind the wood shed and then forget where he is or who he is even taken behind the woodshed. Those debates will the gif worthy for eternity.
metcalfmafia
No way Biden debates Trump.
TheStorm
PackBacker07 said:

She did not win. Should that matter for a VP choice?
How did she do in general?
acslater1344
Ah, I see I've found the newest Fox News Sheep thread. Might as well be bots. Think for yourselves, people.
Ripper
acslater1344 said:

Ah, I see I've found the newest Fox News Sheep thread. Might as well be bots. Think for yourselves, people.
Ha, good one. Anyone who funds the campaigns of leftist DA's who won't prosecute actual criminals is a snake. That is Soros. BTW, you can get all of the Soros funding articles in left leaning publications like Politico and local newspapers, etc. I don't watch Fox and still know what a rat Soros is.
Dmax95
Ok so what's the truth? It's sad when people laugh at others but have no opinions to offer.
PackBacker07
I guess I'd ask does it matter? Everyone lost except Biden. I think the whole VP choice is severely over-rated anyway, similar to the legacy recruit deal. Does anyone here vote solely for the VP choice? I get someone like Sarah Palin (yes, I'm sure there are past Democratic examples as well) could hurt you, but I've never bought into the argument a VP choice can really help you.
Y'all means ALL.
acslater1344
Dmax95 said:

Ok so what's the truth? It's sad when people laugh at others but have no opinions to offer.

The truth is that George Soros and his son donated $5k to Roy Cooper's campaign. The guy is putting $50M total into the 2020 election cycle. I don't think this indicates George Soros is becoming "involved" in NC politics any more than he's involved in just about every other state.
PackBacker07
Weird there aren't any threads here when the GOP "Boogeymen" donate to races all across the country.
Y'all means ALL.
IseWolf22
PackBacker07 said:

I guess I'd ask does it matter? Everyone lost except Biden. I think the whole VP choice is severely over-rated anyway, similar to the legacy recruit deal. Does anyone here vote solely for the VP choice? I get someone like Sarah Palin (yes, I'm sure there are past Democratic examples as well) could hurt you, but I've never bought into the argument a VP choice can really help you.
In general you are right, VP doesn't matter.

But in this election it's getting more scrutiny due to the age of each candidate and Covid. There is probably a higher percent chance that either will die during their term than for any other set of candidates in recent history
PackBacker07
Interesting thought. I guess I agree on the surface.
Y'all means ALL.
PackBacker07
Also

Y'all means ALL.
Dmax95
Do you think george Soros is the kind of guy whose influence and values are shared with North Carolinians? If so maybe do some homework. If this guy was a right wing influencer of elections he would be called out relentlessly. However he's bought up and influenced so much media he's untouchable.
RunsWithWolves26
PackBacker07 said:

This time, I say it clearly matters for a couple of reasons. One, you've got a current president, who god only knows what he may say or do(sometimes I wonder if god even knows) and you've got a former VP who doesn't even know his name half the time, let alone where he is, who he is speaking to, or what day it may be. If you actually look at both the current president and the challenger for president, imo, the VP pick is massively important. If Biden wins, he has already said he would be a one term president AT MOST. It is highly likely, he never makes it through his first term so his VP pick could be the defacto presidential pick.
TheStorm
PackBacker07 said:

Just curious how she fared when people actually had a chance to vote for her already this cycle... that's all... probably won't have any impact on the election either way since this has only been about Trump for almost four (4) years now already...

Somehow, I can still remember George W. Bush being "worse than the devil" according to Democrats... they hated him with a passion...
PackBacker07
I don't disagree really, I just don't think a majority of the electorate will look at it this way.
RunsWithWolves26
PackBacker07 said:

I don't disagree really, I just don't think a majority of the electorate will look at it this way.

Agreed. Imo they should but you're right, they probably won't
SupplyChainPack

SupplyChainPack

"George Soros Intervenes Again, This Time Pumping $1.5 Million Into Los Angeles County D.A. Race"

https://www.dailywire.com/news/george-soros-intervenes-again-this-time-pumping-1-5-million-into-los-angeles-county-d-a-race

SupplyChainPack

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.