YouTubeTV going up $15

1,679 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Wolfer79
Steve Williams
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
WTH? I have it and love it but fear this is just the first of a string of price hikes to come. Anything decent out there to consider?
CLTWolf
It's still worth it, it was a steal at 50 bucks a month.
*Wolfpack Baseball - 2021 *NCAA COLLEGE WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!
*Congrats to the 10 win 2021 Wolfpack football team!
Bell Tower Grey
CLTWolf said:

It's still worth it, it was a steal at 50 bucks a month.
Yeah. We started using this when playstation tv ended. Looked at hulu also, but their sports coverage wasn't nearly as good as YTTV. Even with the price increase and also paying an internet provider, I'm still saving about $70.00 monthly over the cable / internet package we had before leaving cable.
RunsWithWolves26
https://insidepacksports.com/forums/1/topics/14161
ncsualum05
I posted some thoughts on the football board along with CLT. There are several other live TV streaming services out there but you won't find one with the channel lineup, DVR capability, and good quality of YTTV. The price increase is pretty steep but they have added and are continuing to add a lot more channels. I believe they are up to 85 or so now. Here are some others.

Hulu Live: Probably one of the most popular along with YTTV. You get live TV plus the Hulu library. However you have about 20 less channels and in order to have an actual DVR with decent storage and fast forward you have to pay $10 more a month. So that advertised $54.99 basically goes to YTTV price.

ATT TV Now is also $55/ month for the base package but think their channel lineup is bad, quality is bad, and I'm not sure ATT even gives a crap about the service anymore.

Fubo TV was about $55/mo but I heard they're going up too. They also don't carry ESPN or ABC. I heard they are getting them in August but with that comes a price increase.... they are losing Turner networks as well. I've never tried the service.

Sling: Seems cheapest on the surface. If you get orange+ blue it's around $45/ month but that has no DVR and really a pretty small channel lineup.

My advice: every service increases yearly... but don't forget so does cable. I would look into the other streaming services but you need to look at what's most important to you. CHANNEL LINEUP.... number 1. Secondly how important is the DVR. Those 2 things along are why YTTV is still the best deal in my book.
I would not consider a traditional cable service again b/c even though Spectrum or ATT can mail you these promotional offers that LOOK better on the surface you have to remember that there are RSN carriage fees, broadcast fees, equipment rental fees, installation costs, sometimes contracts, DVR fees, etc. Then there's the matter of the huge price hike after the 1 year promotion is up.

SupplyChainPack
The first of many rate hikes I suppose.

First they get you hooked and then they stick it to you!
Packchem91
Its still worth it at this point.....and given its a clear leader in service and offerings, they probably have room to do more.

For us...its the add on of Hulu for some some of their shows, HBO, etc that start to add up.

Still so much better than when had to depend on TWC.
Pacfanweb
Like youtube TV.

Much more and it's not worth it, though.

By the time you pay roughly 70 bucks for internet, then 65 for Youtube, you're over 140 with all the taxes and fees.

Cable isn't anymore than that.
BruceDouble
Finally cut the cable cord and switched from U-verse to AT&T tv. Figured it would be good compromise with the wife as it's not that much different. Same amount of set top boxes for about $40 less a month. Yes there is a price hike of $30/month after 12 months but with AT&T tv, the boxes are paid off after 12 months so it's still $30 less/month after 12 months. With U-verse, you kept paying a rental fee every month for boxes forever.

The thing that finally pushed me out of cable was not being able to stream the AT&T tv app on a Roku tv I put outside on my patio. I'm sure there are cheaper options, but convenience is key for me. I'm also sure a lot will change the next few years so I'll ride out AT&T for awhile.
IseWolf22
ncsualum05 said:

I posted some thoughts on the football board along with CLT. There are several other live TV streaming services out there but you won't find one with the channel lineup, DVR capability, and good quality of YTTV. The price increase is pretty steep but they have added and are continuing to add a lot more channels. I believe they are up to 85 or so now. Here are some others.

Hulu Live: Probably one of the most popular along with YTTV. You get live TV plus the Hulu library. However you have about 20 less channels and in order to have an actual DVR with decent storage and fast forward you have to pay $10 more a month. So that advertised $54.99 basically goes to YTTV price.

ATT TV Now is also $55/ month for the base package but think their channel lineup is bad, quality is bad, and I'm not sure ATT even gives a crap about the service anymore.

Fubo TV was about $55/mo but I heard they're going up too. They also don't carry ESPN or ABC. I heard they are getting them in August but with that comes a price increase.... they are losing Turner networks as well. I've never tried the service.

Sling: Seems cheapest on the surface. If you get orange+ blue it's around $45/ month but that has no DVR and really a pretty small channel lineup.

My advice: every service increases yearly... but don't forget so does cable. I would look into the other streaming services but you need to look at what's most important to you. CHANNEL LINEUP.... number 1. Secondly how important is the DVR. Those 2 things along are why YTTV is still the best deal in my book.
I would not consider a traditional cable service again b/c even though Spectrum or ATT can mail you these promotional offers that LOOK better on the surface you have to remember that there are RSN carriage fees, broadcast fees, equipment rental fees, installation costs, sometimes contracts, DVR fees, etc. Then there's the matter of the huge price hike after the 1 year promotion is up.

You forgot Philo and ATT Watch TV

I switched to Philo a few weeks back. $20 a moth is great for their channel lineup. You aren't going to get all the sports channels, but I fill that gap with bars, friends houses, and usually you can just find a link for each game anyways.

ATT Watch TV is extremely bare bones, but is the cheapest thing out there at $15 per month
ncsualum05
IseWolf22 said:

ncsualum05 said:

You forgot Philo and ATT Watch TV

I switched to Philo a few weeks back. $20 a moth is great for their channel lineup. You aren't going to get all the sports channels, but I fill that gap with bars, friends houses, and usually you can just find a link for each game anyways.

ATT Watch TV is extremely bare bones, but is the cheapest thing out there at $15 per month
I was trying to do apples to apples service comparison which I why I didn't mention those. ATT Watch TV is being phased out I think. It's only available to ATT customers. Philo is a good service if you want a cheaper live TV with cable networks. It just doesn't have sports, news other than cheddar, and local networks. But I have Philo as well and it's 3 streams, and unlimited DVR although it's gone in 1 month. With the YTTV increase and addition of viacom I no longer need Philo and will probably drop it soon. Sounds like you have a good deal going and of course the only sports on now are re runs.
Wolfer79
Which streaming service is the best for sports fans after the latest round of price increases? That depends on what you're looking for.
https://t.co/uIKoIgpVZK
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.