Raleigh councilman resigns amid sexual misconduct allegations

2,226 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by metcalfmafia
Steve Williams
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
I believe this is the guy that was pounding the drum about defunding the police.

Raleigh, N.C. City Councilman Saige Martin resigned Friday after reports surfaced that he made unwanted sexual advances to people while he worked as a teacher assistant at North Carolina State University, Raleigh Mayor Mary-Ann Baldwin said.

https://www.wral.com/raleigh-councilman-resigns-amid-sexual-misconduct-allegations/19163199/
ncsupack1
Saw this yesterday...crazy
GuerrillaPack
First openly homosexual member of the Raleigh city council. Sexually assaults at least 4 men. An elected official using his office as a BLM Marxist activist trying to defund the police.

Man...Raleigh, the state of NC, and this nation are all going down the tubes.
"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
GuerrillaPack
Here is a damn near novel-length article in N&O with the victims giving detailed accounts of allegations of forcible rape by Martin. I didn't mean to read most of it, but it was the first link I clicked on when searching for more on this story. Kind of shocked that they would publish something this lurid.
"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
barnburner
GuerrillaPack said:

Here is a damn near novel-length article in N&O with the victims giving detailed accounts of allegations of forcible rape by Martin. I didn't mean to read most of it, but it was the first link I clicked on when searching for more on this story. Kind of shocked that they would publish something this lurid.

It is quite graphic.
RunsWithWolves26
GuerrillaPack said:

First openly homosexual member of the Raleigh city council. Sexually assaults at least 4 men. An elected official using his office as a BLM Marxist activist trying to defund the police.

What does his sexuality have to do with anything? Forceable rape is forceable rape, no matter the sexual orientation of a person. I ask that question really not needing an answer because it's obvious why you thought it was important to mention.
Pacfanweb
RunsWithWolves26 said:

GuerrillaPack said:

What does his sexuality have to do with anything? Forceable rape is forceable rape, no matter the sexual orientation of a person. I ask that question really not needing an answer because it's obvious why you thought it was important to mention.
I guess because Martins sexual orientation seems important to mention in most of the articles written about him in the first place? That's just keeping up the standard.

Or are we now not supposed to mention it since he's done something wrong?
Mormad
Idk, man, I think a man forcing himself on a man is different than a man forcing himself on a woman. Just from a physical ability to protect oneself. Just like assaulting a woman is profoundly more gross than assaulting or hitting another man. That said, I know your point, and as usual, admit I could be wrong.
RunsWithWolves26
Pacfanweb said:

RunsWithWolves26 said:

GuerrillaPack said:

I guess because Martins sexual orientation seems important to mention in most of the articles written about him in the first place? That's just keeping up the standard.

Or are we now not supposed to mention it since he's done something wrong?

Mention whatever you would like to mention. The question was posed to the poster because of past history. I know why it was brought up why it was that's why I said I knew the answer to the question. Again, mention whatever you would like to but I couldn't care less if he is gay or straight. Rape is rape and it makes no difference to me if it's man in woman, woman in woman or man on man. Just like it makes no difference to me if the one doing the assaulting is gay, straight, bi, or whatever other sexual orientation there is out there.
ncsupack1
I did read the article from the N&O, lots of detail.
metcalfmafia
Just awful.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.