Predict the Year "Tar Heels" is Changed

9,623 Views | 65 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by GuerrillaPack
M_A
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I think they manage to hold out for a while but I'll go with 2029
"It's ACC Championship or bust, quite honestly"
GuerrillaPack
Good point.

Then, when do they tear down all the statues of George Washington and Thomas Jefferson -- since they were slaveowners? Then they take George Washington off of the $1 bill. Then they rename the state of Washington (on the West coast) -- to "People's Communist Republic of the Pacific Northwest". Then rename the thousands of towns/streets/buildings across the nation named after George Washington?

Then when do we pack Mount Rushmore with dynamite and blow off Washington and Jefferson's faces?

As a realistic solution, I propose that we go ahead and split the country into at least two partitions -- One for the right, and one for the Left. The "right" part of the country can retain the U.S. Constitution and our history. The "left" one can become a communist banana republic and third world cesspit.

Because it's clear that the Left will not stop with their "change" and "revolution" until they have turned this country into a communist hellhole, and stripped the nation of the Bill of Rights, Constitution, and its entire history.
"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
cowboypack02
GuerrillaPack said:

Good point.

Then, when do they tear down all the statues of George Washington and Thomas Jefferson -- since they were slaveowners? Then they take George Washington off of the $1 bill. Then they rename the state of Washington (on the West coast) -- to "People's Communist Republic of the Pacific Northwest". Then rename the thousands of towns/streets/buildings across the nation named after George Washington?

Then when do we pack Mount Rushmore with dynamite and blow off Washington and Jefferson's faces?

As a realistic solution, I propose that we go ahead and split the country into at least two partitions -- One for the right, and one for the Left. The "right" part of the country can retain the U.S. Constitution and our history. The "left" one can become a communist banana republic and third world cesspit.

Because it's clear that the Left will not stop with their "change" and "revolution" until they have turned this country into a communist hellhole, and stripped the nation of the Bill of Rights, Constitution, and its entire history.
There is a fellow named Kurt Schlichter who wrote a series of books about that...they are pretty good for entertainment purposes. He definitely makes fun of all of the stereotypes
Bas2020
Cracker Barrel is offensive as hell to me .
cowboypack02
Bas2020 said:

Cracker Barrel is offensive as hell to me .
Those damn folks and their delicious chicken and dumplings....
packgrad
Especially when you stumble across one where the cook has damned the man and put a little salt in when cooking.
cowboypack02
packgrad said:

Especially when you stumble across one where the cook has damned the man and put a little salt in when cooking.
oh man.....If the closest one wasn't an hour away i know what i would be having for dinner tonight
griff17matt
cowboypack02 said:

packgrad said:

oh man.....If the closest one wasn't an hour away i know what i would be having for dinner tonight

You live an hour from a Cracker Barrel? Christ, I'm surprised you have the internet.
Bell Tower Grey
griff17matt said:

cowboypack02 said:

packgrad said:

You live an hour from a Cracker Barrel? Christ, I'm surprised you have the internet.
He could probably swing a cat and hit a dollar general though.
cowboypack02
Bell Tower Grey said:

griff17matt said:

cowboypack02 said:

packgrad said:

He could probably swing a cat and hit a dollar general though.

There are two within about 3 minutes of where I live.

The internet does suck
GuerrillaPack
Predict when they will remove the confederate statues located outside the State Capitol in Raleigh...

via lawless violence and unlawful Governor edict
"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
Pacfanweb
griff17matt said:

cowboypack02 said:

packgrad said:

LOL. I'm in Wake Forest, and the closest Cracker Barrel is either Henderson or the one of 40 over near the airport. About 40 minutes, I'd say.
acslater1344
GuerrillaPack said:

Predict when they will remove the confederate statues located outside the State Capitol in Raleigh...

Good riddance
GuerrillaPack
acslater1344 said:

GuerrillaPack said:

Good riddance
Whether you are for or against those statues, the way things should be changed in society is via lawful processes -- eg, laws passed by the state legisltature, etc. Not by terrorism from roaming bands of rioting degenerates and criminals committing acts of violence and property damage.

How would you like it if, hypothetically, there were rioting crowds of "right-wingers" going around tearing down statues of Martin Luther King Jr., and then a Governor issued an executive order taking down all statues of Martin Luther King Jr.??
griff17matt
GuerrillaPack said:

acslater1344 said:

GuerrillaPack said:

Good riddance
Whether you are for or against those statues, the way things should be changed in society is via lawful processes -- eg, laws passed by the state legisltature, etc. Not by terrorism from roaming bands of rioting degenerates and criminals committing acts of violence and property damage.

How would you like it if, hypothetically, there were rioting crowds of "right-wingers" going around tearing down statues of Martin Luther King Jr., and then a Governor issued an executive order taking down all statues of Martin Luther King Jr.??

GuerrillaPack
griff17matt said:

GuerrillaPack said:

acslater1344 said:

GuerrillaPack said:

Good riddance

Wow, a gif calling me a "stupid head". What a compelling argument. What is this, the 2nd grade?

And why am I "stupid"? Because I am not intimidated by the rioting mobs or all the Establishment propaganda, and don't kowtow to the Leftist commie agenda being rammed down everyone's throat?
johntom
GuerrillaPack said:

acslater1344 said:

GuerrillaPack said:

Good riddance

Comparing Confederate monuments to MLK monuments is.... interesting. Those are not even remotely comparable.

There are hundreds (probably thousands) of instances throughout history of monuments of oppressors being taken down and they are rarely taken down peacefully. This is no different.
GuerrillaPack
johntom said:

GuerrillaPack said:

acslater1344 said:

GuerrillaPack said:

Good riddance

Comparing Confederate monuments to MLK monuments is.... interesting. Those are not even remotely comparable.

There are hundreds (probably thousands) of instances throughout history of monuments of oppressors being taken down and they are rarely taken down peacefully. This is no different.
So you don't support the rule of law, and making change in society via peaceful (non-violent) means?

You're ok with lawlessness and "non-peaceful" actions being taken when it furthers an agenda you agree with? You're ok with mob violence/terrorism and mob rule via intimidation?

Let's see how you like it if the other side (right-wing) decides that they are done with being peaceful, and institute their own form of vigilante justice. I think you'd be singing a different tune if that were going on.
cowboypack02
We have already moved well past just confederate statues torn down. Lets look as some of the statues that had nothing to do with the confederate cause that have been torn down or vandalized
  • Thomas Jefferson
  • George Washington
  • Theodore Roosevelt
  • Stevie Ray Vaughn - yes...the musician
  • Abraham Lincoln
  • Christopher Columbus
  • Don Juan De Onate
  • Juan Ponce de Leon
  • Frank Rizzo
  • Joan of Arc - yes...it really happened in New Orleans

This is why it isn't a good thing to let the mob rule, even if you don't agree with what it symbolizes. MLK jr. didn't agree with gay rights or gay marriage...would you be OK with gay marriage proponents getting together and vandalizing or destroying those monuments. Of course you wouldn't

The truth is that hardly anyone understands any type of historical context outside of the mob rule anymore. Everyone seems to hate Robert E Lee, but Lincoln asked him to command the northern troops. Lee turned him down not because he supported slavery, but because he didn't want to fight against Virginia, who he views as his statesmen and family, back in a time where states rights were much more important than federal rights

Arlington National Cemetery is on Lee's homestead.....Are we going to start destroying gravestones there too? There are 482 dead confederate troops buried at Arlington....do you guys want to grab the shovels for them? Starting in 1903 Theodore Roosevelt started placing a floral arrangement in the Confederate Section of Arlington, and every president, including Barack Obama has done that as well.

If we want to play by the rules of the mob then we must destroy everyone who has had anything to do with it at all....right? That includes Obama because he placed arrangements honoring the confederate dead through his entire presidency.

The girl who was arrested for tearing down the Lee statue on Duke's campus gave an interview wearing a tarheels shirt after she was released from jail for it. She had no clue how the term tarheel was used in the civil war.

Most of the confederate statues also fly the Confederate States of America flag, but it never gets taken down, even though the statue standing beside it was vandalized. Its happened in my hometown several times, but that flag is still flying high. That's because on one has any idea what it is, even though its being protested against. I'd bet that without looking it up 99% of you guys here know what it is.

And last but not least.....When you guys make GuerrillaPack sound like the sane one on the board your doing something wrong.

johntom
GuerrillaPack said:

johntom said:

GuerrillaPack said:

acslater1344 said:

GuerrillaPack said:

Good riddance

So you don't support the rule of law, and making change in society via peaceful (non-violent) means?

You're ok with lawlessness and "non-peaceful" actions being taken when it furthers an agenda you agree with? You're ok with mob violence/terrorism and mob rule via intimidation?

Let's see how you like it if the other side (right-wing) decides that they are done with being peaceful, and institute their own form of vigilante justice. I think you'd be singing a different tune if that were going on.
People have tried for years to have these taken down peacefully lawfully. It hasn't worked. I don't agree with the trashing of private businesses, but knocking down a statue is pretty harmless in the grand scheme of things and can be fairly powerful.
acslater1344
cowboypack02 said:

We have already moved well past just confederate statues torn down. Lets look as some of the statues that had nothing to do with the confederate cause that have been torn down or vandalized
  • Thomas Jefferson
  • George Washington
  • Theodore Roosevelt
  • Abraham Lincoln
  • Christopher Columbus
  • Don Juan De Onate
  • Juan Ponce de Leon
  • Frank Rizzo

This is why it isn't a good thing to let the mob rule, even if you don't agree with what it symbolizes. MLK jr. didn't agree with gay rights or gay marriage...would you be OK with gay marriage proponents getting together and vandalizing or destroying those monuments. Of course you wouldn't

The truth is that hardly anyone understands any type of historical context outside of the mob rule anymore. Everyone seems to hate Robert E Lee, but Lincoln asked him to command the northern troops. Lee turned him down not because he supported slavery, but because he didn't want to fight against Virginia, who he views as his statesmen and family, back in a time where states rights were much more important than federal rights

Arlington National Cemetery is on Lee's homestead.....Are we going to start destroying gravestones there too? There are 482 dead confederate troops buried at Arlington....do you guys want to grab the shovels for them? Starting in 1903 Theodore Roosevelt started placing a floral arrangement in the Confederate Section of Arlington, and every president, including Barack Obama has done that as well.

If we want to play by the rules of the mob then we must destroy everyone who has had anything to do with it at all....right? That includes Obama because he placed arrangements honoring the confederate dead through his entire presidency.

The girl who was arrested for tearing down the Lee statue on Duke's campus gave an interview wearing a tarheels shirt after she was released from jail for it. She had no clue how the term tarheel was used in the civil war.

Most of the confederate statues also fly the Confederate States of America flag, but it never gets taken down, even though the statue standing beside it was vandalized. Its happened in my hometown several times, but that flag is still flying high. That's because on one has any idea what it is, even though its being protested against. I'd bet that without looking it up 99% of you guys here know what it is.

And last but not least.....When you guys make GuerrillaPack sound like the sane one on the board your doing something wrong.

https://www.fox7austin.com/news/stevie-ray-vaughan-statue-vandalized

Uhhh Stevie Ray Vaughan's statue was vandalized in 2018 by an Eagle's fan? Absolutely zero to do with race or mob mentality. Am i missing something??
GuerrillaPack
johntom said:

GuerrillaPack said:

johntom said:

GuerrillaPack said:

acslater1344 said:

GuerrillaPack said:

Good riddance

People have tried for years to have these taken down peacefully lawfully. It hasn't worked. I don't agree with the trashing of private businesses, but knocking down a statue is pretty harmless in the grand scheme of things and can be fairly powerful.

If you can't take down the statues lawfully, then it should NOT be done. Not until you can do it lawfully.

And maybe having the statues continue to stand is also "harmless" in the grand scheme of things.

And statues acknowledging Confederate history are largely done to honor the many soldiers who lost their lives in the war. The people who put up those statues (and continue to support having them up) are not trying to make an argument that "slavery should be instituted", or anything of that sort. And modern-day supporters of those statues are not arguing in favor of any type of racial discrimination. To the contrary, it is the opponents of these Confederate statues who argue in favor of racial discrimination in our society -- ie, "affirmative action" laws.
82TxPackFan
johntom said:

GuerrillaPack said:

johntom said:

GuerrillaPack said:

acslater1344 said:

GuerrillaPack said:

Good riddance

So if something you believe is wrong that hasn't been able to be corrected by following a lawful process then you are okay with using unlawful means to resolve the issue?
packgrad
johntom said:

GuerrillaPack said:

johntom said:

GuerrillaPack said:

acslater1344 said:

GuerrillaPack said:

Good riddance

Yes, and lynching the statue is also powerful. Reminds me of something terrorists would do when taking over a town.
cowboypack02
johntom said:

GuerrillaPack said:

johntom said:

GuerrillaPack said:

acslater1344 said:

GuerrillaPack said:

Good riddance

People have gotten hurt taking down the statues...including one in Portsmouth, VA.

The statues aren't the issue...at least to me....and reading the initial comment from GP i don't think they are to him either. The issue is that we have a bunch of roving mobs that are arbitrarily tearing down statues regardless of the laws. In NC the governor allowed people to tear down statues on government property, which is illegal according to the laws of North Carolina.

Since we can all agree that the mob is never appeased whats next? The word of law, which binds our civilization, has been ignored. You guys that are OK with the mobs ignoring the laws now, are you gonna be ok when we have roaming mobs going after things that you agree with instead, or do you expect the law to be followed.

What if we take a cause the republicans care about and have the mob enforce that.....Voter ID. The state voted for a voter ID law during the election several years ago, but it hasn't been implemented yet and if certain government officials have their way it won't ever be. Now....we get a mob of angry republicans decide that they are going to storm every precinct where voting is taking place in NC and refuse to let anyone vote that doesn't show ID. In a normal world those people would be arrested and put in jail...but not in the world where give way to mob rule. In the world of mob rule that is allowed. Is that appealing to you guys who are OK with the mob tearing down statues? Of course not....you would want the rule of law enforced. That's what we all want.
johntom
packgrad said:

johntom said:

GuerrillaPack said:

johntom said:

GuerrillaPack said:

acslater1344 said:

GuerrillaPack said:

Good riddance

Yes, and lynching the statue is also powerful. Reminds me of something terrorists would do when taking over a town.
It does a little bit. Also looks like just about every other country when they overthrow a ruler that was dispicable. They dragged Saddam's statue's head through the streets of Baghdad. They did disgusting things to Mussolini in Italy. These types of things are fairly common, but still shocking. That's what makes them powerful.
cowboypack02
acslater1344 said:

cowboypack02 said:

• Thomas Jefferson
  • George Washington
  • Theodore Roosevelt
  • Abraham Lincoln
  • Christopher Columbus
  • Don Juan De Onate
  • Juan Ponce de Leon
  • Frank Rizzo

https://www.fox7austin.com/news/stevie-ray-vaughan-statue-vandalized

Uhhh Stevie Ray Vaughan's statue was vandalized in 2018 by an Eagle's fan? Absolutely zero to do with race or mob mentality. Am i missing something??

Article from 15 hours ago: https://texastakes.com/2020/06/21/stevie-ray-vaughan-statue-on-town-lake-vandalized/
johntom
82TxPackFan said:

johntom said:

GuerrillaPack said:

johntom said:

GuerrillaPack said:

acslater1344 said:

GuerrillaPack said:

Good riddance

So if something you believe is wrong that hasn't been able to be corrected by following a lawful process then you are okay with using unlawful means to resolve the issue?
Our country was founded on this.
packgrad
johntom said:

packgrad said:

johntom said:

GuerrillaPack said:

johntom said:

GuerrillaPack said:

acslater1344 said:

GuerrillaPack said:

Good riddance

It does a little bit. Also looks like just about every other country when they overthrow a ruler that was dispicable. They dragged Saddam's statue's head through the streets of Baghdad. They did disgusting things to Mussolini in Italy. These types of things are fairly common, but still shocking. That's what makes them powerful.

Overthrowing a government is one thing. Tearing down statues and lynching them because they hurt your feelings is anarachy. I wouldn't consider it powerful. More antagonism and terrorizing.
packgrad
johntom said:

82TxPackFan said:

johntom said:

GuerrillaPack said:

johntom said:

GuerrillaPack said:

acslater1344 said:

GuerrillaPack said:

Good riddance

So you're saying they are trying to overthrow the government and you're fine with that? Or laws don't need to be followed because our country broke the law when we went to war with England?
cowboypack02
packgrad said:

johntom said:

82TxPackFan said:

johntom said:

GuerrillaPack said:

johntom said:

GuerrillaPack said:

acslater1344 said:

GuerrillaPack said:

Good riddance

So you're saying they are trying to overthrow the government and you're fine with that? Or laws don't need to be followed because our country broke the law when we went to war with England?
If he is talking about overthrowing the government then this is an entirely different conversation then a few protests....

If the rioters are trying to overthrow the government then they should be treated as hostile insurgents and handled in kind.....
johntom
packgrad said:

johntom said:

82TxPackFan said:

johntom said:

GuerrillaPack said:

johntom said:

GuerrillaPack said:

acslater1344 said:

GuerrillaPack said:

Good riddance

Neither. I was just doing a terrible job at pointing out the hypocrisy of saying that protesters must follow laws and be heard in lawful ways.

Maybe the civil rights protests of the 50s and 60s would be a better example? Many laws were broken. It let to civil unrest and riots at the time. We came out better as a country in the long run.

Now, much of this vandalism and looting is completely uncalled for and is detrimental to what many of the protesters are trying to achieve. It makes it harder to support their overall mission and makes it much more divisive. Targeted attacks on monuments of Confederates or people with horrendous human rights records makes sense though. Causing these types of emotional responses are making us continue to have constructive debates on what the issues are and how to fix them. I never listened before, but now I am. In that sense, I think the protesters are partially successful.
GuerrillaPack
"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right."

- George Orwell, 1984

FYI, Eric Blair aka "George Orwell" (pen name) was an insider into the socialist/communist movement. He knew the plans that the ruling socialist/Marxist elite had for the future. His novel 1984 was not "pure fantasy". It was a fictional story that told the very real plans of the Leftist Establishment -- for a totalitarian state of the future.
GuerrillaPack
Statue of Teddy Roosevelt is coming down...because, you guessed it, he's also a "white supremacist".

GuerrillaPack
Influential Marxist ideologue says all statues, stained glass windows, and other pictures depicting Jesus as white should also be torn down -- because, you guessed it, that is "white supremacy":

Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.