Quick Breakfasts

3,200 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Civilized
ShaggyWolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm sure many of you are like me and do not want to spend a lot of time in the morning cooking before going to work. Does anyone recommend any quick and easy things to make in the morning that are filling and taste good?
PackDaddy
Do you not know Bo?
ZAXPACK15
Whole grain english muffin for the grocery store, toasted and lathered up with cream cheese has become my quick go to. It takes about 3 minutes if you like it really toasted.
3rd generation CALS grad
ZAXPACK15
ZAXPACK15 said:

Whole grain english muffin for the grocery store, toasted and lathered up with cream cheese has become my quick go to. It takes about 3 minutes if you like it really toasted.
If I'm on the road, Bo or CFA is my go to everytime
3rd generation CALS grad
Civilized
ShaggyWolf said:

I'm sure many of you are like me and do not want to spend a lot of time in the morning cooking before going to work. Does anyone recommend any quick and easy things to make in the morning that are filling and taste good?

Granola (get some with low sugar) with greek yogurt topped with berries or a little honey
Hard-boiled eggs with some cheese and fruit (Costco sells peeled HB eggs that come in little to-go pouches containing two eggs)
Make a batch of pancakes on weekend, pull them out of fridge in morning, and add creme cheese and maple syrup if you like. I think they're better cold than hot.
Smoothies - can make in advance but make sure it's got protein and fat so it fills you up some (not just berries and ice). My favorite is milk, half a banana, peanut butter, and cocao.
On weekends make crustless egg muffins. Pull them out and heat them up or eat them cold during the week. They're like little quiches. Use a muffin tin (make sure to grease each cup or use a foil liner) and add a little egg and then onion, pepper, bacon, ham sausage, cheese, whatever and bake them up.
Wolfer79
Jimmy Dean breakfast bowls
PackMom
My son likes those Just Crack An Egg bowls, but I haven't tried them.
ShaggyWolf
Thanks for the input everyone. Trust me, I love some CFA and Bo. Just trying to be a little more healthy and cost effective.
Bell Tower Grey
Cheerios and milk in a stadium cup, to drink on the way out the door.
statefan91
They have good Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches at Costco. They're turkey sausage, egg, and cheese on an english muffin. About 250 calories and pretty filling.
IseWolf22
If you want to go really healthy, Overnight Oats. There are many recipes but it's essentially oats mixed into Greek Yogurt and a little milk, (I add Protein powder), mixed and put in the fridge overnight. In the morning you can just take it out and eat it, but I add nuts and berries on top. Really filling and not bad.

Frozen breakfast burritos are good too if you have time to prep. You can make 10-15 on a weekend, then individually wrap and freeze.

wilmwolf
I do a protein shake most mornings. Otherwise it is a couple of pieces of wheat toast with peanut butter. I LOVE traditional breakfast food, just don't have the time or calories to spare most of the time.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
Pack87
PackMom said:

These are awful. Eggs come out watery from microwave and add-ins taste artificial.
Pack87
PackMom said:

These are awful. Eggs come out watery from microwave and add-ins taste artificial.
Pack87
1MANWOLFPAK
You can say that again
Pack87 said:

PackMom said:

PackDaddy
Sounds like you're raising a serial killer
Wolfer79
look beyond traditional breakfast items

roll up a slice of ham or turkey that is for sandwiches
Civilized
Wolfer79 said:

look beyond traditional breakfast items

roll up a slice of ham or turkey that is for sandwiches

Ham rolls! One of my kids' favorite lunch proteins!

Do you eat yours before or after your sunrise walk?

My wife eats like a kid sometimes too, will just grab a cheese stick and apple or banana on the way out the door.
FlossyDFlynt
I have a couple breakfasts I swap between:

Everything Bagel with low fat creme cheese
Greek Yogurt with strawberries and dark chocolate granola
Apples and Cinnamon Oatmeal with a protein bar
Protein Pancakes with sugar free syrup and Bacon for when I actually feel like making breakfast

I also work from home on my own schedule (right now, at least) so its really just depends on how motivated I am in the morning
nakinawolf
Civilized said:

ShaggyWolf said:

Granola (get some with low sugar) with greek yogurt topped with berries or a little honey
Hard-boiled eggs with some cheese and fruit (Costco sells peeled HB eggs that come in little to-go pouches containing two eggs)
Make a batch of pancakes on weekend, pull them out of fridge in morning, and add creme cheese and maple syrup if you like. I think they're better cold than hot.
Smoothies - can make in advance but make sure it's got protein and fat so it fills you up some (not just berries and ice). My favorite is milk, half a banana, peanut butter, and cocao.
On weekends make crustless egg muffins. Pull them out and heat them up or eat them cold during the week. They're like little quiches. Use a muffin tin (make sure to grease each cup or use a foil liner) and add a little egg and then onion, pepper, bacon, ham sausage, cheese, whatever and bake them up.
good stuff, civilized!
PackMom
Pack87 said:

PackMom said:

Actually, I know he used to eat them. I'm not sure if he still does. Never tried them myself. If he lived here I'd probably be cooking real eggs for him, but he's been an adult for a long time.
Steve Williams
Staff
Civilized said:

ShaggyWolf said:

I'm with you...Greek yogurt (I prefer F-a-g-e plain 2%) with blueberries and granola, Core Power protein drink and bag of sliced apples. That's pretty much my go-to every day.
Steve Williams
Staff
Wolfer79 said:

Jimmy Dean breakfast bowls
My boys love those things.
Civilized
Steve Williams said:

I'm with you...Greek yogurt (I prefer F-a-g-e plain 2%) with blueberries and granola, Core Power protein drink and bag of sliced apples. That's pretty much my go-to every day.

Yep, F-A-G-E plain is what we've got in our fridge too. Flavor is so good. I roll with the 5% though.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.