Smartwatches

1,724 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by RunsWithWolves26
RunsWithWolves26
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Any suggestions that don't break the bank? Looking one for steps, heartrate, calorie burn, etc. Also one with good battery life. Please don't say Fitbit. I am done with that terrible, **** hole of a company. Thanks in advance.
Civilized
RunsWithWolves26 said:

Any suggestions that don't break the bank? Looking one for steps, heartrate, calorie burn, etc. Also one with good battery life. Please don't say Fitbit. I am done with that terrible, **** hole of a company. Thanks in advance.

Good idea! Me too...looking for recommendations for a smartwatch for iOS with remedial text/call notifications and fitness monitoring.

I'm morbidly curious about my sleep habits/patterns too; sleep is a huge deal for health and unlike how I eat or exercise I have no idea what my quality or quantity of (good) sleep is.

Have heard good things about Garmin but mainly from Android users.

ScreamingEagle
I have a Garmin that I like for recording an "event". So if I go for a run or a ride, it does a great job. But as far as routine stuff throughout the day, I think it's far behind my Fitbit. Maybe someone here will have something else that's the best of both worlds.
engineercoach
I once had a fitbit and it was absolutley terrible. I have used the Garmin VivoActive HR. It can probably be found cheaper now a days. It does a good job of tracking activity throughout the day (running, walking, golfing) and tracks heart rate and sends notifications from your phone.
Steve Williams
Staff
Man, I think I've had them all. Probably not a popular choice but I have an older Apple Watch and love it. Battery kinda sucks on it though.
statefan91
I'm thinking of getting the Apple Watch 5 while it's on sale through Costco. Anyone have one and like it? I have been running a lot more lately and would appreciate not having to bring my phone at all.
IseWolf22
If you want a fitness tracker that looks closer to a classic watch, check out the Garmin vivomove hr. My wife loves hers.
gtman49
What did I miss on FitBit?
johntom
It really depends I think on your phone. If you have an iPhone, the Apple Watch is the way to go. If you have a droid, there are many more choices. The Fossil Gen 5 and the new Motorola watch are pretty nice.
OneOpinion
Really like my Samsung Galaxy watch. I like being able to change the face to different styles depending on the situation. I have a Galaxy phone too. While that is nice, it works with most smart phones.
https://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/wearables/smartwatches/galaxy-watch--46mm--silver--bluetooth--sm-r800nzsaxar/
I also have a few different bands depending on whether I'm wearing it day to day or for something I need to dress up a little for. This site has tons of options (great silicon, leather, canvas, etc) for reasonable prices. They have a cool system for attaching them that is quick and easy. https://www.bartonwatchbands.com
RunsWithWolves26
Thanks for the info. I would like to have one for heartrate and calorie count. I've found Fitbit to be terrible at this as well as most other things which is why I'm leaving them. That and their horrible customer service.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.