Super Tuesday

2,629 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by RunsWithWolves26
Glasswolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I will never tell you who to vote. Voting is one of if not the greatest power we as citizens have. Every vote counts. Please exercise your right tomorrow.
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

cowboypack02
Glasswolf said:

I will never tell you who to vote. Voting is one of if not the greatest power we as citizens have. Every vote counts. Please exercise your right tomorrow.
Well said brother!
IseWolf22
I showed up to vote at 9 am and there was no line at all. I was in and out in under 10 min
Glasswolf
I voted at 6:30 this morning. The wife and myself were there less than 10 minutes
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

PackBacker07
I went in around 10a. Granted my location is almost directly across the street, but it took about 10 minutes round-trip. The counter on the machine was at 249.
Y'all means ALL.
ncsualum05
Can't wait to start seeing the results tonight. This is going to be an interesting day. Democrat establishment said enough is enough with the Bernie momentum and they threw everything behind Biden. Bloomberg of course is a wild card and Warren to a lesser extent. It's clear though it's going to be a Biden/Bernie race today and moving forward and I think we're heading towards contested convention. This party is fractured and a lot of people are going to be angry this summer no matter which way it goes.
cowboypack02
ncsualum05 said:

Can't wait to start seeing the results tonight. This is going to be an interesting day. Democrat establishment said enough is enough with the Bernie momentum and they threw everything behind Biden. Bloomberg of course is a wild card and Warren to a lesser extent. It's clear though it's going to be a Biden/Bernie race today and moving forward and I think we're heading towards contested convention. This party is fractured and a lot of people are going to be angry this summer no matter which way it goes.
Bloomberg has true F-U money....gotta love that in politics
RunsWithWolves26
Serious question. Neither Bernie or Biden will have the required delegates before the convention. Does anyone think either will actually drop out and allow the other to be the pick? I personally don't but just wondering everyone else's thoughts.
RunsWithWolves26
No surprise. Biden wins Virgina. The breakdown of delegats for each is going to be fascinating.
statefan91
I always knew he was rich but not $60B rich. That is an insane amount of money.
RunsWithWolves26
In other unsurprising news. Bernie wins Vermont
RunsWithWolves26
Biden wins North Carolina
RunsWithWolves26
So far we know Biden has won 2, Bernie has won 1 and Bloomberg and Warren need to go out to pasture and just stop
RunsWithWolves26
Number 3 for Biden. He wins Alabama.
RunsWithWolves26
Bloomsburg and Gabbard both pick up delegates on the American Somoa. Watch out folks, we got ourselves a primary race now!
IseWolf22
RunsWithWolves26 said:

Serious question. Neither Bernie or Biden will have the required delegates before the convention. Does anyone think either will actually drop out and allow the other to be the pick? I personally don't but just wondering everyone else's thoughts.

Rules get funky in a contested convention. If no one is selected on the 1st ballot, the party insiders (super delegates) can vote and tip the scales.

Candidates who've dropped out can also release their delegates to vote for others but exactly how that works varies by state
RunsWithWolves26
IseWolf22 said:

RunsWithWolves26 said:

Rules get funky in a contested convention. If no one is selected on the 1st ballot, the party insiders (super delegates) can vote and tip the scales.

Candidates who've dropped out can also release their delegates to vote for others but exactly how that works varies by state

Regardless, someone is gonna be mad
pman27
From a political science perspective, very interesting that Biden won states with little to no advertising and no ground game. Bloomberg spends $100Ms, gets > 15% in only some states, and is out the next day.

As Glasswolf said at the top of the thread, the most important thing is to exercise your right as a citizen and vote. The important thing is to be an informed voter, read enough media sources to sort out bias and form your own conclusions. Beware confirmation bias. Don't be manipulated by false and misleading statements. Distrust social media. Politifact and the like are good resources.
RunsWithWolves26
Biden had a good night but the decrease in voter turnout compared to years past has to be a bit concerning for the Biden campaign. With that said, it is obvious the Trump team is worried about Biden. Trump would win easily against Sanders. He will have a dogfight on his hands with Biden.
statefan91

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/03/03/super-tuesday-live-updates/
RunsWithWolves26
https://www-rollingstone-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-features/2020-democratic-primary-turnout-problems-960784/amp/?amp_js_v=a3&_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQFKAGwASA%3D#aoh=15833513510652&_ct=1583351375312&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&_tf=From%20%251%24s&share=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.rollingstone.com%2Fpolitics%2Fpolitics-features%2F2020-democratic-primary-turnout-problems-960784%2F
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.