Rush Limbaugh

2,553 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PackBacker07
RunsWithWolves26
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Reported today he has advanced lung cancer. No matter your political views, this is a terrible thing for him and his family.
Steve Williams
Staff
Don't wish that on anyone.
jkpackfan
Yeah and it's amazing seeing some of the nasty things said about him from the left (some) on Twitter. I don't wish cancer on anyone.
ncsupack1
Hate reading this. Best of luck to him and I hope he beats it.
cowboypack02
Hate to hear it. Limbaugh it a titan of talk radio. I understand that he is hoping to be able to work through it, and i hope that's the case.

Don't wish that on anyone
statefan91
Don't wish cancer on anyone. Limbaugh has been pretty clear in that he thinks the risks of smoking and second hand smoke are minimal so this is unsurprising.
IseWolf22
I don't wish cancer, harm, or poor health on anyone. I hope he manages a recovery or lives out his remaining time peacefully.

But while I hesitate to bring this up in this thread, Rush is not someone who should have been given the presidential medal of freedom
griff17matt
IseWolf22 said:

I don't wish cancer, harm, or poor health on anyone. I hope he manages a recovery or lives out his remaining time peacefully.

But while I hesitate to bring this up in this thread, Rush is not someone who should have been given the presidential medal of freedom
Any particular reason why not? Ellen DeGeneres was deserving because she dances on tv some? I mean, if it was Alex Jones then yeah you've got a point. But Rush has dominated talk radio for as long as I've been alive. I'd disagree with the moment it was presented more than the recipient.
cowboypack02
IseWolf22 said:

Just out of curiosity...why do you think that?

What makes Rush unworthy, but Ellen DeGeneres, Lorne Michael, Bill Cosby, Joe Biden and Cesar Chavez worthy?
Pack87
When you look at the impact of talk radio across the country and realize he was at the forefront of it and grew it bigger and broader than anyone previously. He likely deserves it because of the impact he has had. (regardless of if you agree with him or not) I agree a White House ceremony might have been more appropriate than the SOTU speech.
IseWolf22
cowboypack02 said:

IseWolf22 said:

What makes Rush unworthy, but Ellen DeGeneres, Lorne Michael, Bill Cosby, Joe Biden and Cesar Chavez worthy?
In general I think the award is given out far too often. I'm not up to date with everything the above have done (I had to look up Lorne Michael to see who that was), but there is no one I'm going to really defend as deserving.
However Rush is one of the most divisive people in the country and has spent his career demonizing those who don't think like him.
griff17matt
IseWolf22 said:

cowboypack02 said:

IseWolf22 said:

In general I think the award is given out far too often. I'm not up to date with everything the above have done (I had to look up Lorne Michael to see who that was), but there is no one I'm going to really defend as deserving.
However Rush is one of the most divisive people in the country and has spent his career demonizing those who don't think like him.
What does that have to do with anything?

"an especially meritorious contribution to... ...cultural or other significant public or private endeavor"

I'd say Rush fits that bill. You don't have to like what he says or how he says it, as I don't necessarily agree with many that have received it in the past. But to say Rush hasn't contributed greatly to culture and had a significant public endeavor is just absurd. I'm just waiting for Rogan to get his and all will be well with the world.
ncsupack1
Have no problem with Rush getting this, congrats.
PackBacker07
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.