3D Printing

1,616 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by thewuf
thewuf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just into the hobby, and of course - I'm looking for cool NC State stuff to print. Anybody else out there printing and have any good models? Especially Tuffy? Or can point me in a good direction? Thanks!
cowboypack02
I want to throw out there for you to be aware of copyright on things like that. I do quite a bit of woodworking and several people I know nationally have gotten in trouble by using copyrighted images in their work. Don't want you to end up on the wrong side of things.

Good luck on your work and looking forward to seeing some great pieces!
thewuf
Cool! A fellow woodworker!

Yeah, duly noted. Personal use items typically are ok, as long as I'm not selling or profiting from the creation - but I hear ya!

Apparently, I'm not going to have to worry about it, judging by the overwhelming response I've gotten. lol!
cowboypack02
I'm happy for you!

Its always good to find a niche to fit your work into.
JocoPack
Funny you post this. I was just looking at a few printers the other day myself. Don't really know why I want one, but I do. I built my son a replica lightsaber last year and the chassis for the electronics and LEDs was ordered from a 3D print shop. Everything fit into place perfectly for the wiring and I thought it was the neatest thing. I didn't realize a printer could be had for a couple hundred bucks. Not sure if they're worth a damn or not.
thewuf
I have the Ender3 and Elegoo Mars. Both ~$250 and I think both are really nice for the price point.
wilmwolf
I saw a social media post that said the end of the world would be triggered by a 3D printer printing another 3D printer. Thought it was really funny for some reason. I'm very intrigued by the technology, just haven't pulled the trigger on one yet.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
thewuf
I sat on the fence for a long time then got one for Christmas and bought the other soon after (they do things differently.) I'm just scratching the surface of what they can do, but it's utterly fascinating!
BGpackman
I have one at the school I work at and you can typically google images and create them. I printed out a Tuffy head that was multiple layers but had to rebuild in to get it to print right. It's super fun to work with and I just got the X-Carve from Inventables for CNC woodworking. Started putting it together today with my classes.
thewuf
Super jealous! The X-Carve and the GlowForge are on my wish lists!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.